FIREFALL - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Refreshing.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-29, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #91
Exoskeleton
Private

Re: FIREFALL

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Can i just have a Firefall BETA key?
Go to a newsstand, find a pc gamer magazine, ask if you could take a look at it for a second, go to somewhere about page 40 or something, write down "the precious" then send it to me and I'll give you a firefall key or even 2 if I can

Edit\ Actually I just saw you are VS and VS support each other, so you got a PM.

Last edited by Exoskeleton; 2012-02-29 at 11:54 AM.
Old 2012-02-29, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Exoskeleton View Post
Go to a newsstand, find a pc gamer magazine, ask if you could take a look at it for a second, go to somewhere about page 40 or something, write down "the precious" then send it to me and I'll give you a firefall key or even 2 if I can

Edit Actually I just saw you are VS and VS support each other, so you got a PM.
This is why VS are the best faction. We attract stand up people.

Massive love to you.

Last edited by Xaine; 2012-02-29 at 01:40 PM.
Old 2012-03-01, 01:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #93
VanuMAXGuy
Banned

My first impression of FireFall is some freaky child born from Team Fortress 2 and World of Warcraft.

I think the character design is hideous. From all the videos I've seen, NOBODY is wearing anything on their arms, coupled with the armor being incredibly bulky, it just looks goofy. The animations are also pretty bad, like they were ripped from some game from 1999.
Old 2012-03-01, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Raymac
Brigadier General

Hey Duke, I recently got into the beta as well. I haven't been able to play on the weekends because, well, I've been seeing this chick and sex > video games. But the weekday one I'm always there. My name is the same there, so look me up.

Old 2012-03-02, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #95
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Warborn, why would you want someone's game to fail because you PERSONALLY dislike the textures? You don't find that just a slight bit fucking selfish? Maybe just a tiny itty bitty bit? Sincerely, you need to go jack off.
I hope their entire development staff gets pilonidal cysts as karmic revenge for their terrible character design.
Old 2012-03-02, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
VanuMAXGuy
Banned

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
If you're expecting realism of any sort in a game that provides cartoon based texturing. Nvm, I don't have to say it.
I never said I expected realism. I just think the game is incredibly goofy looking and I can't take it seriously because I like my games to be visually pleasing, regardless of any sort of realism.

The game rocks, it's not even buggy and I can't figure out why it's not in open beta yet. The style is TF2 mashed up with Unreal tournament and it's combat flow is second to none. When it finally comes into an open beta wave and you are invited, you should check it out regarldess of the textures of the models.. while playing it intergrates amazingly and the game has a feel like none other i've ever played.
Team Fortress 2 and Unreal Tournament are some of the worst games I've ever played, especially TF2 and this is coming from a guy who played the crap out of Team Fortress Classic while everyone and their fathers were wanking off in Counter Strike pre-1.6 back in the HL days.

It will be an EXTREMELY successfull F2P game.. Probably on par with League of Legends.
Funny you should mention another casual abomination with terrible graphics. FireFall is definitely not for me and if it keeps all the casual kiddies away from my superior games, like PlanetSide 2, then I completely welcome it.
Old 2012-03-06, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #97
bjorntju1
Captain

Wooo! Got an invite!
Old 2012-03-06, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

so yea i cant really say that i got in to this. but...
Old 2012-04-07, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #99
Coreldan
Colonel

Dunno if anyone cares, but we did both some PVE and PVP with a few of my clanmates:

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-04-08, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #100
SKYeXile
Major General

yea not really a fan of it, the game game seems to lack a purpose, farm resources...???

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-04-08, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #101
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
yea not really a fan of it, the game game seems to lack a purpose, farm resources...???
To my understanding the current beta phase is more PVP oriented. The resource farming supposedly is not any kind of final representation of their intended PVE, it's just not the highlight of the current test phase.

I think PVE wise the game can have quite a bit of potential when they just put some actual PVE in.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-04-16, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #102
Shanesan
Sergeant

I got into beta, and the PvE may or may not be a healthy evolution in the MMOFPS/RPG genre, and may or may not have a dynamic, evolving feel like Tabula Rasa.

And Coreldan is correct.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion