Systems: Outfit Warships - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In case of emergency can be used as a flotation device
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 4.60 average. Display Modes
Old 2011-09-22, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Re: Outfit Warships

Originally Posted by FastAndFree View Post
During a board meeting

-As you can all see, our situation is dire! Unless we can increase our profits by 12% by the end of the year, we will go bankrupt! Now, I am open for ide...

*ring ring*

-Yes? Oh okay, right away! Excuse me for a minute, my outfit needs orbital support
More like:

"Would you like fries with tha...."

*ring ring*

"Sorry sir, my outfit need orbital support"
Old 2011-09-22, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Graywolves
General

I want to name warships too, just for fun.

And perhaps with an Outfit upgrade you can have a big single drop pod that sends down a squad of people at a time.
Old 2011-09-22, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dark Atlantis
Private

I like this idea, i could really think of a outfit leader to be able to command the warship and somehow create a kind of mobile spawn that is really slow, but not destroyable/very hard to destroy.

Example: Leader A sends Warship A on Continent X to a specific location (max 5km distance to own faction border), from there Member can collect there and use a "outfit-drop-off-pod" to land together on the continent within range of the Warship. If the faction looses the area and the warship get's further away then 5km of faction border, the warship has to be moved or it get's destroyed/deactivated.

This idea is just a short flash in my head and not fully thought about yet... will have to do this next time i've got some time.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Traak
Colonel

howbout base commanders?
Old 2011-10-05, 11:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I'm loving the overall feel of the idea(s) here.

I like the "Mothership" as a defacto Sanctuary concept. Each Outfit has their own ? Probably a better and cooler idea than only one giant ship for each empire.

Each Outfit decides where their Mothership resides. I like the idea that it is permanently cloaked. It has no bearing on game play - except - when used with concentrated drops containing a MINIMUM of 50 troops or a minumum of 15 vehicles at one time in one specific area. THEN - it uncloaks 10 ? 20 ? 30 seconds ? - RIGHT BEFORE the shit hits the fan. Smaller drops are 10 seonds. HUGE drops entail a 30 second delay drop. 20 second delay for intermediate.

In these MASS Raids/Crashes the ship UNCLOAKS 10-30 seconds before the drop begins - so the enemy has just enough time to look up and think "HOLY SHIT" ....but have no idea if it's gonna be 50 toons + vehicles .... or HUNDREDS & HUNDREDS of enemy toons. I LOVE the idea of some epic battle going on ..... and then the fog of war lifts .... a slight vibration travels beneath the feet of those on the ground .... up in sky .... a GIANT BATTLE CRUISER appears .... as soon as guys start crapping themselves .... a hail storm of bad guys rains down.......

oh yeah

It sounds hella cool to me. Needs a little work. But I've read enough here to really be behind the DEVS sorting out this thread and turning it into a coherent element of future game play/additions.

I'd vote for no Empire mothership. Each time you log into the game - NOOBS or solo players not in an Outfit start in a randomly chosen Outfit Mothership. Kinda encourages/forces guys to inter-mingle with Outfits and their members - and hence help guys find/join a group they can relate to.

If an entire EMPIRE arranges a MASS CRASH .... the enemy will have to look up and deal with MULTIPLE MOTHERSHIPS appearing out of thin air .... planes streaming outta one end .... vehicles and toons - coming down in a monsoon of Death & Destruction.

Inside each Outfit Mothership would be Virtual Training. No Sanctuaries. Instead of the old outdoor Sanctuary area - you'd have portals with cool outer-space eye candy.

These ships would have a HUGE cargo bay where THOUSANDS of Emperial Storm Troopers and Space Elephants could congregate - pre CRASH/RAID.

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-10-05 at 12:15 PM.
Old 2011-10-07, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Tikuto
Major

super-power

While I still like BFRs, super-powers without proper game-system control in PlanetSide has already proven disastrous.

I'd like for BFRs to be a formal and agreeable return under the basis that they remain a rarity and control-balanced for equal Empire-level gameplay. A BFR would be a super-power like this warship, and a super-power would require earnest (resource), responsibility & prioritized (outfits), circumstantial ("we need alot of help here!"), quantified (1 per Empire each turn) and timing (accessibility ultimately governed by game Empire-wide) all of which makes a super-power rare and equalized on the field.

As a side-note to this, a mobile phone application notifying outfit leader/officers of request for a super-power could be initiated remotely as well as remotely manage which Outfit officer(s) can or cannot initiate a super-power. The app would additionally show online-member count, super-power launch history results and the appointed officers requesting each to help determine a decision. How cool would that be for everyone?!
Originally Posted by atone View Post
add in remote OS capabilities for leader/officer via phone app when not in game?

Said it all my FPS gaming life. Balance and Control to equal fair and fun gameplay. The only true variable needed is the players themselves.
Simplified PlanetSide.

Last edited by Tikuto; 2011-10-26 at 06:41 AM.
Old 2011-10-25, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Graywolves
General

Get your ass back to front page so Higby can see!
Old 2011-10-25, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Yes, these ideas are awesome. I'd like outfits to be able to make structures on the ground as well, but a permanent uncappable ship in orbit would be awesome as a base of operations.

It would also leave a wide door open for space combat. Not to cap motherships, just as a platform to launch space based battles along the lines of Shattered Horizon.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

I doubt it would make it to launch unless they were thinking the same thing long ago and decided not to even hint at it, but it would make an excellent addition through an expansion or something.
Old 2011-10-25, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
I doubt it would make it to launch unless they were thinking the same thing long ago and decided not to even hint at it, but it would make an excellent addition through an expansion or something.
Yeah, this is what I figure, but it still can't hurt to start thinking and suggesting along these lines now. It may help to have some of the core game mechanics support the idea even if all of the details aren't added until later.
Old 2011-10-25, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Captain B
First Sergeant

I won't lie, gentlemen. The potential for this idea has me uncomfortable in my pants.

That is to say, I have a huge erection.

Make this happen, SOE.
Old 2011-10-27, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Traak
Colonel

If anyone is going to integrate real-world and game-world realities, I wonder if it will be Sony, starting with something as innocuous as such a notification system, then working on from there.
Old 2011-10-27, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I LOVE the idea that each Outfit gets their own Warship - to (at least initially) - tend to serve as a big ol Sanctuary in the sky.

I really like how if an entire Empire coordinated a major raid/crash .... that the opposing forces could very well look up and see a SKY FULL of Outfit Warships appear overhead - out of thin air - blocking out the entire sky (or both suns) ..... with little more than a handfull of seconds - until it rained down soldiers & vehicles.

oh my......boiiiiiing....schwiiiiiiiiiiing !

Last edited by Chaff; 2011-10-27 at 02:43 PM.
Old 2011-11-02, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Big J Money
Private

Amazing Idea! I'll summarize what I love about this:

- Outfit customization of your own gamespace (microtrans anyone?)

- A sanctuary only populated with your Outfit members. No more waiting in line at a vehicle spawn.

(but maybe you can invite players to come visit it, which leads to...)
- An in-game advertisement for how cool your Outfit is

- Maybe even a place to do things like write and leave messages; post announcements, manage the Outfit or generally socialize while in game but not on the battlefield.

- Another organizational tool to intuitively manage whatever cool abilities outfits get that public players miss out on.

- Possibility for future gameplay expansion: Where outfits can challenge each other to pit their warships against one another. Maybe try and invade the other one and steal battlefield intel, or bring down its power systems to disable the Outfit's secret weapons before an important battle YOUR outfit is about to stage. Of course this wouldn't even need to be in the first implementation of warships, it could be waaaaaay down the road. The first 4 benefits I listed are great enough.
Old 2011-11-02, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Captain B
First Sergeant

I'd love to deepstrike a squadron of Reavers, Liberators and a Galaxy from my warship into enemy territory and start ruining people's lives.

DEATH FROM ABOVE.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault