PSU: And what makes them so "sovereign?"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-07-31, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: Day Z: An ArmA II Zombie simulation mod

Just had my first 'real' bandit encounter... I don't know how, but I won... here's how it played out...

I was just done unloading some gear from Stary Sobor into some tents. On the way there I saw a dead body, he had a winchester/m1911 on him, nothing special. I looted the guns and deposited the gear in my tents.

I decided that before I logged off, I'd check the local deer stands for some gear. I put everything away but my G17 and 3 mags and ran off to the first stand.

I approach it slowly and begin to take some shots at the zombies guarding it. The first 3 drop easily, but as I approach another 3 spawn. Ok, no problem. I take the first one out, and I all of the sudden hear shots near me. Before I know it my screen goes gray and I'm bleeding. I swing my view 180 degrees and I see a bandit crouched in the field taking shots at me. I take a few shots at him and he goes prone. I don't know at this point if I broke his legs or if he's trying to evade fire. No time to think, I sprint into the nearest treeline to bandage my wound. I fix it up with just 5,500 blood remaining. I sit behind the tree for a while looking for him, and I see him crouch up and start walking in my general direction after about a minute.

At this point I know he's wounded, because I know I saw my 4 shots hit him. I don't know how damaging a G17 is, but I know if I don't fight back this guy will kill me.

I pause another minute as he starts to shift his trail away from me about 45 degrees. At this point my heart is beating fast and my hands are shaking. (This shit was intense) It was hard for me to aim IRL. I really didn't want to die here. Even though my gear was stowed away, it would be an hour of running back to my spot. I poke my head out from the tree and he doesn't see me. I line up my gun and unload a full clip at him. With my character's shaking aim and my shaky hands combined, only about 4 shots hit him. Luckily, it was enough. I saw his name in the lower left corner state that he is dead, and his body hit the ground.

The funny thing is, he really must have sucked at this game. Turns out he had a MP5. He had the drop on me from 30m away, and I managed to get a few shots on him before escaping into the forest. He had a [THOR] clantag, no idea who he was. I had the feeling he was the same guy who murdered the guy I looted on the way back to my tents, so I felt great about killing him.

That was enough DayZ for me today; I've pushed my luck enough. I don't think I've ever played a game where you want to survive this much.

Bandit Kills: 1.

Last edited by Zulthus; 2012-07-31 at 11:03 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion