News: What would you like to see? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: can I get a engy to repair my aim bot?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2013-02-17, 12:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
clunkiestwheel
Private

Re: What would you like to see?

logiteck controller
Old 2013-02-17, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
raxinii
Private

We need a way of exporting the information on the leadership boards and putting it on our own websites. For example, RSS or XML with live update (as fast as you receive the information. Maybe a Joomla plugin? or the like?
Old 2013-02-17, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Cooper
Private

PSU's generraly ace as it is.

I'm surpised AGN hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread (did I miss it?). Glad to see a new 'squad beacon' coming out. Instant Action videos are always welcome too.

I tend not to use the PSU forums, but do use it as as source of news as well as the stats. I know we all have twitter now and catch glimpses of new stuff put out there, and we can all watch FNO or the Higby / TRay monthly things, or go to Reddit or these forums or wherever to see things shared. But that's a lot of trawling to get info. What I can't find for PS2 is anyone collecting all these 'tidbits' in some kind of bulletin.

Basically, if there's anyone with the time, some kind of 'weekly bullletin' of PS2 updates and info would be very welcome. This week we'd have the announcement of the new rocket launchers incoming, the new SMGs from FNO, the new customisation from FNO, the Deliverer (?) teased in the Higby / TRay show, the NS revolver. As well as some important hotfix changes, a new MANA turret, and render changes. That's a lot of stuff in the past week alone, and only the most dedicated follow all tweets & threads etc. will have got all of that.

So, yeah, I'd like to see a 'weekly bulletin' or some such thing that collates all the bits of news to come out of PS2, and I think PSU would be a great place to host that kind of thing.

Also really excited about the stats. Esepcially outfit stats. But until the new SOE players site comes out, it's difficult to tell what could be done with it that SOE aren't already planning. One thing that comes to mind is that PS2 lacks any kind of centralised hub for outfit details. The API would be incredibly useful for this. Outfit deatils for each server including leaderboards + some kind of customisable wiki-style space for each outfit as a central hub for outfits would be so much better than what's currently cobbled together on the PSU wiki and the PS2 wikia...

Edit: On that note, I've just gone and updated the "list of outfits" template over at the PSU wiki to add a column that contains a link to the PS2 stats page on PSU.
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/List_of_Outfits
It works for any outfit where {{{outfit name}}} is as it actually appears over the API...
Edit2: Same done for the wikia template used over at planetside. wikia. com/wiki/Outfits

Last edited by Cooper; 2013-02-17 at 05:26 PM.
Old 2013-02-17, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

I love it, hope it docent change to much easy to read forums are getting harder and harder to find these days. Very nice layout.
Old 2013-02-18, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
DerUnfassbare
Private

Hi, I read a few discussions about the pros/cons of k/d.
Some people, including myself, think that k/d distracts from teamplay; usually I dont pay much attention to it.
I'd like to see stats like captures/defenses or other supportive actions in the sig generator, if thats even possible.
I dont know what the API delivers, but more than k/d would be nice.
Old 2013-02-18, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Rolfski
Major

Site is great. As for improvements, I really would like the return of some upvoting/like system, I actually like that system of SOE forums. Some people go out of their way to make great suggestions to improve the game, they deserved to be recognized for that by others.

Also, I like the alert system of SOE forums better. Everytime I log in, I immediately see who responded/liked/quotes my posts.
Old 2013-02-18, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Firstly you do and have always done a great job. PSU is the only place really to discuss planetside where the operator doesn't force their own agenda or run it like a police state(looking at you Soe mods)

Features wise its pretty much all you need, i'm sure the stats stuff will expand as the api does and gryphons time/effort allows.

Social media wise, i think the balance is fine, facebook isnt spammy.

Just continue to provide a forum for open discussion with a dash of sillyness and it will only lead to another 10years.

Oh less basti on AGN.
I agree with most of these points. PSU has the highest quality of discussion, the best API usage around and some awesome sigs.

The only thing I disagree with is that less basti is needed on AGN. I think MORE basti is necessary.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-02-18, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
PSU's generraly ace as it is.

I'm surpised AGN hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread (did I miss it?). Glad to see a new 'squad beacon' coming out. Instant Action videos are always welcome too.

I tend not to use the PSU forums, but do use it as as source of news as well as the stats. I know we all have twitter now and catch glimpses of new stuff put out there, and we can all watch FNO or the Higby / TRay monthly things, or go to Reddit or these forums or wherever to see things shared. But that's a lot of trawling to get info. What I can't find for PS2 is anyone collecting all these 'tidbits' in some kind of bulletin.

Basically, if there's anyone with the time, some kind of 'weekly bullletin' of PS2 updates and info would be very welcome. This week we'd have the announcement of the new rocket launchers incoming, the new SMGs from FNO, the new customisation from FNO, the Deliverer (?) teased in the Higby / TRay show, the NS revolver. As well as some important hotfix changes, a new MANA turret, and render changes. That's a lot of stuff in the past week alone, and only the most dedicated follow all tweets & threads etc. will have got all of that.

So, yeah, I'd like to see a 'weekly bulletin' or some such thing that collates all the bits of news to come out of PS2, and I think PSU would be a great place to host that kind of thing.

Also really excited about the stats. Esepcially outfit stats. But until the new SOE players site comes out, it's difficult to tell what could be done with it that SOE aren't already planning. One thing that comes to mind is that PS2 lacks any kind of centralised hub for outfit details. The API would be incredibly useful for this. Outfit deatils for each server including leaderboards + some kind of customisable wiki-style space for each outfit as a central hub for outfits would be so much better than what's currently cobbled together on the PSU wiki and the PS2 wikia...

Edit: On that note, I've just gone and updated the "list of outfits" template over at the PSU wiki to add a column that contains a link to the PS2 stats page on PSU.
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/List_of_Outfits
It works for any outfit where {{{outfit name}}} is as it actually appears over the API...
Edit2: Same done for the wikia template used over at planetside. wikia. com/wiki/Outfits
This is a great suggestion! We would just need someone to step up and handle it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-19, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I'd love to see moar Hamma gameplay over on Twitch/AGNTV.

I know you're a busy guy, and not that I don't appreciate all the hours of entertainment Jennyboo provides us with each week, but we need some Hamma action as well!
Old 2013-02-19, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Mietz View Post
Can we split the Planetside 2 Discussion forum into two:

General (News/Social/Outfit/Funny)
Gameplay (Balance/Mechanics/Technical)

Because currently the PS2 Discussion Forum is too general and most interesting posts are completely buried under a bunch of "Higby tweeted new camo/decal/gun/attachment".
I would agree that PSU would benefit from something like this. It works very well on Den Kirson's forum. They have a "Hey Den" section for discussing the more technical aspects of a game, and a "Hey Guy" section for more general chit chat about the game; tactics, videos etc. They even have a PS2 section (much under used sadly).

"Hey Den
Functional and statistical discussion of PS2"

"Hey Guy
Talk of tactics and the less technical aspects of PS2"

Check it out at http://denkirson.proboards.com/

Edit - but overall I'm really liking this forum, despite occasional bitching and moaning. Some really good discussions.

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-02-19 at 12:13 PM.
Old 2013-02-21, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Drednok
Private

I'd like to see accuracy % on the player stats. why can't you see accuracy? That's the key to figuring out who cheats
Old 2013-02-21, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
OneOhOne
Private

An approved guide section would be cool, IMO. By approved I mean reviewed to make sure that the guide is made by a skilled/experienced player so that it's not misleading or simply bad. I think it'd help increase the quality of play and help to progress the meta faster. Other than that, this site is the shit.

Last edited by OneOhOne; 2013-02-21 at 11:38 AM.
Old 2013-03-21, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

1. Sortable outfit rankings.
Currently it's sorted by average XP (of each member). Not really fair to outfits that recruit allot of low level players. The stat is just an average of a total and low levels total are not going to be high bringing that outfits average down. Now if you sorted if by XP per minute it wouldn't be so bad because those new players still make a decent hunk of XP in a minute. I could go on and on about it but basically just let us sort all the columns and we'll be good.

2. Player/outfit made backgrounds for signatures.
A true custom sig lets the user create and upload their own background.

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
Old 2013-03-21, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Hamma
PSU Admin

Thanks! All those things are on our roadmap

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-03-22, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
AuntLou
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Thanks! All those things are on our roadmap
Well then your on top of it! Find someone to pay you that 6 figures yet?

http://www.thefortydeuce.com
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions