Lattice Pylons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only $.10 a minute after that!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-10, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Lattice Pylons

I think it would be cool if there were outdoors control consoles that were completely unprotected by base walls. Vehicles would have to be used to secure the area, preventing enemy hackers from walking in and resecuring.

Heavy Assault would be nearly useless for this kind of cap and the game would no longer be made or broken only indoors.

Just a thought.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-10, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Consoles for the bases or for the lattice itself?

If you're talking the bases, I think those are fine as they are. Outdoor areas has been in many a post on the OF wishlist forums. Bunkers, terminals, and nodes have all been used to describe a means to contol the flow of the lattice.

Some pretty cool ideas creating checkpoints in order to hace a base, even the towers were rolled into these ideas.
Old 2004-02-10, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Just anything to keep vehicles from being sloppy seconds to rexo/HA hallway dominators.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Old 2004-02-10, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I think vehicals are used to take courtyards right? If you didn't have those vehicals, you can't make it past into the courtyard. Yes, you can but you need an overwhelming force of ground infantry/MAXes. The battle is mostly outdoors anyways because once you make it inside the base, there is a very minimal chance that you will defeat the attackers. This is only due to the hordes of AMS the attackers will and do bring in from the back lines. I like this idea but vehicals are already used a lot in taking courtyards.

Old 2004-02-10, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jagd
Major

I like the idea, mostly cause I want more outdoor combat too. Some sort of partically defenseless little outposts that need an AMS, lodestar (and possibly some future Ground Support things) and lots of deployables to hold.
Old 2004-02-10, 10:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Maybe if they make tank armor weaker, but I don't think that would be benificial to gameplay.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Veteran
I think it would be cool if there were outdoors control consoles that were completely unprotected by base walls. Vehicles would have to be used to secure the area, preventing enemy hackers from walking in and resecuring.

Heavy Assault would be nearly useless for this kind of cap and the game would no longer be made or broken only indoors.

Just a thought.
Idea stealer! but yes this is exactaly what the game needs

basicaly what he saying is that you have to hack these things on the way to bases, to complete that latice so you can hack it, giveing outdoor battles an incentive, ballencing the HA because of outdoor fights.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2004-02-10 at 03:15 PM.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Seer
Major

This rock has been in the tumbler for a while, but it's still a great idea.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

No, I wouldn't take credit for this idea. I'd just like to see it implemented.

Old 2004-02-10, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I don't that you posted it i was joking (though it was mine!)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-10, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kikinchikin

Perhaps make 2 of these pylons per key base and 3 for the capitol base? this would make the capture of these key bases even harder and make for some fun fights.

I can envision a pylon surrounded by sandbags and flak cannons/turrets with little buildings for troop support. would be very sweet
Old 2004-02-10, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Man, another great idea. Why aren't the devs putting this stuff in the game? Even at two pylons per lattice link, it would slow down ghost hacking to a crawl. It would also make base capping very difficult (since now there are three places where you can break the hack). For poplock type warfare, you would see the frount advancing along the lattice link lines, before you hit the base (allowing 3 seperate defense lines).

Wow, so many ideas that would improve this game 100 times over.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-02-10, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I would make it so only the thing on the end of the latice would be hackable(just like the basses are now) so you grab a pylon, and that can be hacked by the other side untill you get the next pylon, then that one could be hackable untill you hacked the base.

keep in mind these are just CC that are between the bases with only sandbads/bunkers near with no spawns(AMS equip term would be good though in a bunker) hack time of a tower

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion