*Sigh* Another patch hurting cloakers... - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Warning: Do not surf website while bathing. Electrocution may occur.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-11, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Rbstr
I never have realy even had a Magscatter in my inventory
You have had on in there every time you respawed.
Old 2004-02-11, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

but i never have my standard on for more than a few seconds

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-11, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Acaila
First Lieutenant

The AMP has identical damage statistics to the Cycler at point blank range. The ttk is exactly the same, same damage, same RoF. Make an NC infil, spend a week using the Scat Pistol, a week using the AMP. Pure killing power, AMP > Scat, this has always been so, and still is. Only since the whole "everything NC is overpowered" craze has the Scat Pistol become an issue, it is pure sensationalism. You want to know something NC that is overpowered? Guass + rexo, ph34r. Anyone who cares to backup their "Scat Pistol is an overpowered death cannon" statements can send me a /t Acaila on Markov for a bit of AMP vs Scat Pistol fun.
Old 2004-02-11, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Guass over powered, you basicaly calling every weapons in the game, - AV things and pistols overpowered

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-11, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Acaila
Anyone who cares to backup their "Scat Pistol is an overpowered death cannon" statements can send me a /t Acaila on Markov for a bit of AMP vs Scat Pistol fun.
Easy, paranoid. Since not a single person here has said that the pistol is overpowered, or that the pistol is a death cannon you may as well have responded about how angry you were the people were belittling rabid squirrels. It makes for good reading, but facts might help.
I've used the AMP, extensively. I've used the Repeater extensively. I've used the MagScatter extensively. I've used the Beamer until the vomiting began. I personally prefer the MagScatter over all others. The inventory freedom coupled with the ability to use the gun well while moving suits my play style immensely. There is little to no skill involved with the AMP (besides getting to your target). You pull the trigger, they probably die. If they get out of the way quickly, you probably die. With the MagScatter they can make their move and I can still gun them down like dogs. I'm far more effective with it, and I have more fun with it.
Old 2004-02-11, 08:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Neon Apocalypse
Colonel

guass is pretty deadly compared to a cycler, way more deadly, more deadly than a pulsar too, but it sucks for strafing, its a suppressing fire weapon
Old 2004-02-11, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

I think the game is balanced but i dont like any of the NC weapons your talking about. I use the sweeper cause i think its far superior to the Jackhammer, and also the ScaterMAX is great. Vanguard is balanced IMO
Old 2004-02-11, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
I use the sweeper cause i think its far superior to the Jackhammer
Mmk. Maybe in the cost.

Old 2004-02-11, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
I use the sweeper cause i think its far superior to the Jackhammer
The Jackhammer is a Sweeper, except with a greater rate of fire, double the clip size, tighter cone of fire, and the ability to shoot three shots at once with secondary fire. It is everything the Sweeper is, but better in every regard. Your opinion of the Sweeper is disconcerting considering your position on this website.
Old 2004-02-12, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

With the MagScatter they can make their move and I can still gun them down like dogs. I'm far more effective with it, and I have more fun with it.
Precisely
Old 2004-02-12, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I play an infinltrator for all three empires at one time or another.

For me with my play style I'll take a beamer over the other 3 pistols any day of the week.

It's not as effective as the spiker, but can hit at about the same ranges while not needing a module to get it. The Mag scatter you have to touch someone and hit them with all pellets 4 times... that's 4. if they don't move (ie sniping) that's possible but more likely then not they'll move, whip around and if not kill you at least chase you off.

The reapeater has decent range, but not near the Accuracy at ROF that the beamer has.

I play NC most of the time now, and thus have to use an AMP (with everyone at br 15+ getting close enough to use a magscatter is suicide anyway, everyone has D/L or an interlink FLB making you an easy target) Simply because feathering the trigger you can actually hit with the AMP at 30M or so... not well, but it can be done.

So gimping the magscatter will make the NC inf much worse. To me it's an unforseen nerf in what is an otherwise great patch
Old 2004-02-12, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Pilgrim
The Mag scatter you have to touch someone and hit them with all pellets 4 times... that's 4. if they don't move (ie sniping) that's possible but more likely then not they'll move, whip around and if not kill you at least chase you off.
Actually, it's 3. If you don't land all pellets on a rexo (likely) it will be 4. Anybody else will be 3 pretty much. They're welcome to whip around, I'll be the guy circle strafing them and hopefully they get a good view while their screen is spinning around afterwards.
Your opinion on the Beamer is amazing, but every weapon has to have it's proponent.
Old 2004-02-12, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

edit - whoops hit button twice actual post below

Last edited by Majik; 2004-02-12 at 09:58 AM.
Old 2004-02-12, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

My biggest problem with using the beamer as a cloaker was the huge neon sign that began flashing over my head saying "WARNING CLOAKER RIGHT HERE!!!!!" Which is why I always tried for the melee knife or boomer kill.
Old 2004-02-12, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Your opinion of the beamer scares me.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion