Please help. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What the heck is this text box for?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-12-06, 09:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Please help.

For the last 2-3 Days I have been repeatedly logging on but I either crash suddenly right after I spawn on the warp gate or as I step out of the spawns in the spawn room.
I can only think it may be my PC but don't know what it could be. Any ideas?

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-12-07, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Send me a PM and we can get more information to help figure out the trouble here.

[Sent from the outskirts of the Oort cloud]
Old 2012-12-07, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tooterfish
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Please help.

I had a similar issue on my laptop. Seems the textures are still loading and, if I try to move too soon after logging into the game, I would often crash. I am able to mitigate the problem by waiting for everything to smooth out before taking control.

Read my game blog @ www.roffle.com
Old 2012-12-07, 06:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
Send me a PM and we can get more information to help figure out the trouble here.

You... are the fucking MAN! Props.

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-12-07, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
I had a similar issue on my laptop. Seems the textures are still loading and, if I try to move too soon after logging into the game, I would often crash. I am able to mitigate the problem by waiting for everything to smooth out before taking control.
Same here. I wait until everything is loaded and framerate is something like normal before trying to move out of the spawn-tube, otherwise I get regular crashes.

Letting everything load and settle down for a few seconds seems to mitigate it though.
Old 2012-12-07, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Tooterfish View Post
I had this problem too, but have taken steps to minimise it.

I investigated my home wifi/broadband setup and ran some tests on the system. Turns out that my broadband was adequate and steady, but that the wifi link between the router and my PC was erratic; very poor data speed at times, due to thick stone wall and a large heating radiator between the router and the PC.

Solution - bought a pair of ethernet power line adapters. They work a treat; loading crashes not a problem and much less lag/warping around since I fitted them.
Old 2012-12-07, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
I investigated my home wifi/broadband setup and ran some tests on the system. Turns out that my broadband was adequate and steady, but that the wifi link between the router and my PC was erratic; very poor data speed at times, due to thick stone wall and a large heating radiator between the router and the PC.
Home wireless can be subject to some horrible interference, often you'll be showing a 'good' signal but actual data transfer is awful because all the data getting through is then being detected as corrupt and having to be resent.

It doesn't help that domestic microwave ovens operate on the same frequency bands as wifi.....and aren't always anything like as well shielded as you'd like to think.

Plugging into the router, or using another hardware solution like you suggest, can make a huge difference.
Old 2012-12-08, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post

Wow thanks man. Planetside2 team is awesome.
The game has started playing better for me. Finally played like a good 3 hours last night and then about 2 and then 1 and a half hours today and game hasn't crashed so I hope whatever it was is fixed.

Thank you Mr Cycles and all you guys for the help.

Old 2012-12-19, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Adeodatus
Private

I had this until i validated the game, then it was back to normal.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion