AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: NC: Nice Crack
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-25, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Community Clash TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Tonight is the night! Be sure to tune in at 8PM CDT.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-09-25, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

DO IT! hopefully test server works LOL

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-09-25, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

This is going to be one helluva fight.
Old 2013-09-25, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

So, is this going to remain pure as scheduled, or will other outfits be involved?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-09-25, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kalee J
Sergeant

Let's go TGWW!
Old 2013-09-25, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
So, is this going to remain pure as scheduled, or will other outfits be involved?
It's going to be the four outfits involved at this time, only way it would change is if for some reason they could not field enough but we don't foresee that.

Just over an hour and a half from now!

Old 2013-09-25, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Great matchup tonight recording should be up soon.

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-09-25, 11:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Hurry up and post it! I was unable to watch, really excited to see it!

And nobody spoil the ending until I get a chance to see it!
Old 2013-09-25, 11:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Larington
Corporal

Twitch auto recording here:
http://www.twitch.tv/agntv/b/465010875
Old 2013-09-25, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Rothnang
Major

I thought it was an interesting match. What really stuck out to me was how much damage those Liberators were inflicting on the TR, and how little they did to contest them.

I went into watching this thinking that the TR had a huge advantage because they were fighting an outfit that is pretty much the de facto Liberator outfit of PS2, and I thought it was going to be pretty easy to get TGWW completely out of their element with some well placed AA and fighter attacks. The exact opposite happened, TGWW was able to do what they do best essentially unmolested for the whole bout.

The TR opened with a huge number of Mosquitos, but they were destroyed in short order. TGWW simply had more highly trained pilots, so the air war tipped their way rather rapidly. At this point TR basically conceded air superiority to the Vanu completely in both halves of the match, which proved to be a fatal mistake. There were some single Skyguards and Bursters being deployed, but at no time did the TR organize any real air denial, which cost them dozens of Sunderers and thereby crippled their mobility.

Another thing I found noteworthy was that throughout the entire match I didn't see a single MBT being deployed, and Lightnings were all Skyguards. There really seems to be not much room for tanks in high level play at this point.

The ground game was pretty much spot on for both sides. It was hard to follow what exactly was going on (This kind of thing really needs a tactical map where you can see everyone moving around), but you could tell that both outfits were hitting the right targets. NNG showing their typical utilitarian play style, going exactly where they can do the most damage with the least amount of effort, and the TR making several amazing pushes despite taking heavy fire from Liberators.

Ultimately it was the VSs ability to bring in air support at any base that was under threat that tipped it their way.

Last edited by Rothnang; 2013-09-26 at 12:03 AM.
Old 2013-09-26, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Koadster
Sergeant Major

At the end breakdown.. Luperza saying how the VS used proxies to cover control points and never having seen that happen before.. Yeah well if SOE fucking changed the claymores, maybe TR could do that to. Hopefully from seeing something like this they will fix them.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-09-26, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Rolfski
Major

The air dominance on Nexus in this game worries me (although I acknowledge that squad deploy/beacon deploy weren't implemented in this game), because air is not something you can easily apply as a tactic.

It takes hundreds of hours to become anywhere near a competitive pilot and there are only a few outfits in the game that can sustain a competitive air wing. Which means this whole competitive thing can potentially become completely dominated by a few air ninja outfits that are out there.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-09-26 at 11:43 AM.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
TorinPS
Private

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
It takes hundreds of hours to become anywhere near a competitive pilot and there only a few outfits in the game that can sustain a competitive air wing. Which means this whole competitive thing can potentially become completely dominated by a few air ninja outfits that are out there.
So.. for a competitive air game, you think inexperienced people should be able to compete? If 25% of your allotted players can be allocated to air, you're good. If you can't get 25% of your players either interested in the air game or willing to practice and learn it well, what does that say about the outfit?

Every competitive combined arms game (Battlefield) has always had an element of air superiority. Given how important it is to winning conflicts, how can a 'competitive outfit' even consider neglecting it?

If you ask me, an outfit without a competitive air wing is not a competitive outfit. There are plenty of good pilots on all servers, though usually spread out around various outfits, 1 or 2 pilots each. If someone were to want to play competitively, they would need to recruit.

Edit: It also doesn't help that SOE has made AA so powerful that new people are highly discouraged from even getting into the air game to begin with. Most people who are still doing it, have been doing it practically from day 1, and are too stubborn to give it up.

Last edited by TorinPS; 2013-09-26 at 08:20 AM.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Its my opinion that AA is very weak. Im not a good pilot at all and I havent died to ground based aa in wuite some time. Burster range is very short and skyguards are easily killed by air. Meanwhile you are running aa its all kind of a one trick pony, mostly ineffective against everything else. Yes in the nexus right now if you rule the air you will win the game.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yea you can find the recording on twitch at least until we get a YouTube version up typically on Fridays.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion