ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We feel no pain
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 08:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #121
Ant001
Corporal

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

I have a few questions to PS2 devs.

1. Will my station cash be transferred to pro7.

2. Will the servers be run and controlled by pro7 with pro7 CSR's in game.

3. Where will the pro7 Planetside2 servers be based (in which country).

The answer to these 3 questions will decide on what server I will choose to play.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Ant001 View Post
I have a few questions to PS2 devs.

1. Will my station cash be transferred to pro7.

2. Will the servers be run and controlled by pro7 with pro7 CSR's in game.

3. Where will the pro7 Planetside2 servers be based (in which country).

The answer to these 3 questions will decide on what server I will choose to play.
1: Yes your station cash will be transfered over to your Pro7 account
2: Can't answer that but given the time zones involved I think it would be pro7 CSRs dedicated to partolling the euro servers

3: Most likey in Germany as that's where their HQ is but game companies do seem to like to rent servers spaces in England & Ireland to run their games from. I can narrow it down to Europe

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Xazbot View Post
I'm from portugal and never heard of pro7. I'm not sure about the direction SOE has taken here. And all this discussion here isn't helping. Won't I be able to keep using SOE station in EU to play PS2?
In Portugal you will be a customer of Prosieben.

Originally Posted by Zation View Post
I am confused. There is alot of info in this thread with regards to how the "no region locking" is gonna work, is any of it officiel or is it just ppl geussing?

Will we be able to access all servers from one account or will we need to two accounts if we dont want region locking? Can EU players keep their SoE account and play from that?

If we need two accounts, what about currency on thise accounts? will it be shared?, will we need to purchase everything twice if we want to change server region?

Would be really nice if we could have a statement from SoE clearifying how all this is gonna work, having all this speculation is good for noone.
You will have a Prosieben account regardless and choose which server you wish to play on. We've actually stated this a number of times however as Planteside 2 hasn't launched yet we honestly haven't promoted it officially as we don't have forums.

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
Well this is second or third big post about this and we still don't have a clear answer which is worrying. I'm in the UK and never heard of this Company. All iv heard is the stuff on here which is not good. I took a look at their web site and I wasn't impressed for what is supposed to be a big company. Lots of posts on their forums where left unanswered by what seems to be a non existant moderator team.
As alot of you have said I will try it and see. If it is not good then I shall leave them and just deal with SOE and if needed move all my friends to NA servers if we can't roam from NA to EU.
Someone from SOE needs to make a detailed post about the EU side of things cus ATM no answer is doing more damage then little bits here and there which don't really answer anything but more dodge round the questions being asked.
What question are you looking to have answered? None of our games have transitioned yet so if you are looking to understand the flow I'm afraid we don't have all that complete yet.

Originally Posted by Joe View Post
This is silly we need a statement telling everyone what is going on all this speculation is not good, even if its bad news we want to know keeping the news from us is not good.
Once again it's hard to answer a statement like this without specific questions. I hear a lot of "I don't know this company" but I have to ask how many products do you purchase from companies you ate unfamiliar with. Without even seeing it work is it really worth so much concern before trying it?

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
Another thought. If my SOE account is moved to pro7 will my SOE account no longer exist or will it just be duplicated?
Your SOE account will be migrated.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #124
Wakken
Sergeant

A noobish question perhaps but it crossed my mind, what would a EU player have to do to still play on the US servers using your SOE account? I know you can still play on the US servers using a pro7 account but I'd prefer not to have one and still my SOE account (warhammer online and GOA - Mythic flashbacks)

I'm asking this because I've heard all EU accounts that is currently handled my SOE will be turned into pro7 accounts automatically?

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #125
Xazbot
Private

Originally Posted by Wakken View Post
A noobish question perhaps but it crossed my mind, what would a EU player have to do to still play on the US servers using your SOE account? I know you can still play on the US servers using a pro7 account but I'd prefer not to have one and still my SOE account (warhammer online and GOA - Mythic flashbacks)

I'm asking this because I've heard all EU accounts that is currently handled my SOE will be turned into pro7 accounts automatically?
+1 on that. (Why? Because I'm somewhat concern on the convertion rates pro7 will put in place.)

Another question would be...with this contract with pro7 does that mean that we will never see PlanetSide2 on steam or does this have nothing to do with it? The use of steam would be great for the game popularity and it playerbase.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #126
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Wakken View Post

All EU SOE accounts will be transitioned when you log into them after the transition date.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #127
Wakken
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
All EU SOE accounts will be transitioned when you log into them after the transition date.
So there is no way for a EU player to avoid this and still use their SOE accounts?

Dammit...

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #128
kdenver
Private

So let me get this straight . My loyalty to SOE is being repaid by being sold off to a company I have very little info of . Can you please state clearly what personal details of mine will you be giving them .
Old 2012-07-16, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #129
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

How will funds be transferred over from account to account will i just have the same amount of ProSiebenSat.1 points as SOE cash?

Will prices be the same so we do not lose out (e.g. if something is $1 will it be 0.64 pounds or 0.81 Euros? and not $1 = £1 or €1?

Thank you for answering some questions

Last edited by Joe; 2012-07-16 at 10:13 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #130
Mirror
First Sergeant

Surely we have to give SOE our approval to move our accounts that contain sensitive information like credit and debit card numbers etc?

http://www.deltatriad.com

Last edited by Mirror; 2012-07-16 at 10:26 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #131
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Ok. The big question as the others arnt getting satisfactory answers lol

WHY pro7? SOE is far better know the pro7 which noone has heard has heard of bar the people who live in the same country ( already flawed marketing their then )

SOE has managed very well in the past with our the use of an outside company to do so much. No other successful company has migrated/moved games to another company before for EU players.

I'm just curious as none of the EU community seem to happy about this. If Pro7 can prove themselfs not to be the bad company we are raring about then fare enough but I is not filling us with confidence I far. If this all goes wrong planetside may be a big flop in the EU.

Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward the game alot and tell all my gaming friends about it, But and this is a big but, if the EU side of things goes wrong what will SOE do to fix it?

Another quick question. What will Pro7 be in charge of? I'm assuming running the servers, customer service ect. Will they have a say on the cash shop? As I have heard they are a menace for the old pay to win option. A break down on what is happinig on the EU side of the business would be nice. Ya know, pro7 will be in charge of blah blah blah and be able to do yada yada yada.

Thank you for a an amazing looking game and also trying your best to reapond to all the questions. I know it must be hard.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #132
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
Surely we have to give SOE our approval to move our accounts that contain sensitive information like credit and debit card numbers etc?
More than likely you signed away any right to fight a transition like this when you signed their agreement in making the account, but honestly, I'm not sure.

As for people crying wolf already, they haven't really even released any details about the transition (when, how, etc.). All they've announced is that there will be one. Give it time.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #133
RSphil
Contributor
Major

Correct, so I'm assuming it should ask you when you log in. Also If I start to get spam mail and lots of rubbish then a few words will be had about confidentiality to Pro7. Details are not alowed to given out without the owners consent.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #134
unAimed
Private

I can't speak for other countries - but in germany they have to get you consent in oder to transfer personal information to another company. It is possible that you have already given them this consent by agreeing to their tos, though.

edit:

And as a workaround - just create a SOE account where you specify the u.s. as your residency - nobody can blame you for moving away from the u.s. ...
This way you can play on eu servers and still have your billing, etc. done by sony.

Last edited by unAimed; 2012-07-16 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #135
ThGlump
Captain

So there is no way to use SOE account for EU players even if we plan to play on US servers (and refuse to create Pro7 account)

You better have opt-out option on that transfer or you will have serious legal issues by providing account informations to another company.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion