YAY! Oceanic server - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: That red alert? Oh its nothing, I swear
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-11-05, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SKYeXile
Major General

YAY! Oceanic server

Finally good to have a server here, now get on the oceanic server you bitches in the region so i may feast on your souls.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-11-05, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EightEightEight
Sergeant Major

Re: YAY! Oceanic server

Our Aussies are loyal to us regardless of ping
Old 2012-11-05, 08:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SKYeXile
Major General

i thought the difference would be negligible because i do pretty well on American servers, but I was wrong, i am now a god.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
Old 2012-11-05, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brusi
Contributor
Major

It's definitely no emptier than the US servers during the same hours. I would like to see some sort of feature that allows migrating characters between servers, such as GW2 has.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-11-05, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dagron
Captain

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
i thought the difference would be negligible because i do pretty well on American servers, but I was wrong, i am now a god.
Yeah, the effects of lag aren't immediately noticeable, but if you pay attention you realize that when people get the drop on you, you go down faster than they do when you get the drop on them.
Old 2012-11-05, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Dagron View Post
Yeah, the effects of lag aren't immediately noticeable, but if you pay attention you realize that when people get the drop on you, you go down faster than they do when you get the drop on them.
Heh... i spose i spent the last couple of days rolling NC infil. If i get the drop on them they die in one shot anyway, lol.

I'll have to try and take notice. Would love to see an in-game ping/debug command.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-11-05, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SKYeXile
Major General

Yea also on the US servers there some fights you go into that you think are even, then you like die instantly and they have only take 75% shield damage which leave you squinting at the screen, fry style while feeling cheated. On the AU server you dont get that, you have time to react if you get ambushed and turn around and kills thems.

it could just be the issues with the US server though i do notice people warp around alot more on that server, could be because of the higher population and it been hammered and unable to do the job.

But on people dropping, yea people just drop so much faster, likely just due to the reply and the kill confirmation, you get it so much faster and the difference is very noticeable.

SKYeXile TRF - GM

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-11-05 at 10:30 PM.
Old 2012-11-06, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

honestly multiple servers are only good if there is enough population to keep it going. Now I know the Japan and even china (unless it is exclusive like last game) will go on that server but to me the best case scenario will allow your charachter to travel to other servers as needed.
Old 2012-11-06, 03:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
bullet
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marinealver View Post
Now I know the Japan and even china (unless it is exclusive like last game) will go on that server but to me the best case scenario will allow your charachter to travel to other servers as needed.
I hope the CNs get a server of their own or closer to their location. I don't mean to sound offensive, but man, its nearly impossible to hit any of them when you come across them. They warp so much I just end up running away because 90% of the time you can't hit them.

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
They should probably just rename the AUS server "SKYeXile's server".

Last edited by bullet; 2012-11-06 at 03:02 AM.
Old 2012-11-06, 03:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Wonder if the "RT" Japanese outfit currently on Thebe will migrate there.
They are the warpiest bitches around on the West server.

I've jumped on the AU server at different times and its population is woeful.
Having them offline during prime time isnt going to help either if beta testers are comfortable with the bigger battles the US server provide consistently.
Old 2012-11-06, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
KALU
Master Sergeant

Bang on! this is how i felt it
Old 2012-11-06, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by KALU View Post
Bang on! this is how i felt it
yea, that was always the same with PS1 IMO too, like from what i felt playing, watching some of my videos then comparing them to Americans videos you get the confirmation of kill and the animation for them dropping so much faster, it does really make the difference. some people will argue that you can just know by how many shots you have put into somebody...yea...GL with that.

I had some fun on the AU servers and we certainly get alot more battle variety than the constant CROWN FIGHT! on the US server. I have only played on Indar though, there was some fighting on amerish on the first day of the AU server, but it seemed to dry up so we went back to indar.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion