Wall Turrets - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: :USP
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-13, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Khrakhan
Corporal

Re: Wall Turrets

the default for turrets should be lights off, but once manned you have the option of flippin a switch, incase you are suspecting enemy movement outside your walls, or trying to spot a plane, would come in handy. Dont see the need to require certs for this, wouldnt make much sense for a spotlight to work on a turret for one player, but as soon as its manned by somebody else the light becomes unfunctional.

Also, if you wanted to turn the spotlight on, then leave the turret aiming the light where you want it, that could work well too in trying to keep an eye out for enemy invasion...

Last edited by Khrakhan; 2012-06-13 at 08:00 PM.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
RandomNPC
Corporal

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
It's completely different, tracers are only seen after you fire and last only when you fire, spotlights on the other hand will be visible the moment you man the turret until you leave it. It is not revealing the position that is the "breaker" but the fact that spotlights will reveal turret status even prior to firing it, they'll alert the target that the turret is aiming at it and finally they'll make it easier for other enemies to aim at the turret all the time.

Honestly I don't care if this would be a cert and someone would be unintelligent enough to use it, however I would hate this to be a default feature for turrets.
I don't understand why you're assuming you couldn't turn the light off... I mean I know TR are stupid monkeys, but you guys already had the futuristic technology of light switches before Auraxis.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

It would be a pretty cool mechanic(arma 2 uses it). It would probably take a bit more than 5 seconds for your eyes to adjust, but you could have a visor attachment that negates the effects for night ops.
Old 2012-06-13, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Khrakhan
Corporal

Originally Posted by Otleaz View Post
It would be a pretty cool mechanic(arma 2 uses it). It would probably take a bit more than 5 seconds for your eyes to adjust, but you could have a visor attachment that negates the effects for night ops.
If youre talking about a visor that prevents a spotlight shining in your eyes from distorting your vision, I just have to throw in that I dont think the spotlights should blind players (just seems a bit op, and to use up a slot for such a situational device seems like a waste) and just be for spotting
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion