Tweet: Gold Plated Magshot & Beamer - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where POTD's have bugs
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-20, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Re: Tweet: Gold Plated Magshot

I would imagine that the VS version of this would be probably a glowing aura coming from the VS weapon instead of gold, and for TR who knows...
Old 2012-03-20, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Truemedic
Private

I'm personally fond of the pistol. Something has to be made to be put in the store and being a galaxy pilot I would like something to signify by a weapons glance that I'm a pilot.

(We all know pilots carry around some nice handguns )
Old 2012-03-21, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Bags
Lieutenant General

Would probably look better in game.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Lokster
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lonehunter View Post
Things like this have a spot as the priciest items in the cash shop. Or maybe something just rewarded after spending $100. I know NC have the "slapped together" look, but you have to give them other options with additional skins.

I'd love a nickle plated or flat black version of this
You would pay $100 for this? Seriously? Don't give them ideas ffs. This is a $5-10 texture TOPS. And that would be a stretch.

-- I should add .. it's BADASS.
Old 2012-03-21, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sirisian
Colonel

Awesome. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was hoping to see. Cool things that people would actually buy.
Old 2012-03-21, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Mordicant
Sergeant

I like it to the point it is now my iPhone home screen background.
Old 2012-03-21, 03:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Eighm
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
and for TR who knows...

But with rubies.
Old 2012-03-21, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
megamold
Second Lieutenant

i like the way they didnt just take the lazy route with this and made 99% of the gun golden as in COD, it looks like they are going for a more stylized approach and i like it
Old 2012-03-21, 05:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Vancha
Colonel

I'll reserve judgement until I see it when it isn't behind a net of low quality camera terribleness.
Old 2012-03-21, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Coreldan
Colonel

While I think this sorta gets perhaps a bit too silly when we consider military stuff, but I think they pulled this off well. At least it's not 99% covered in the gold plating, but rather some selected parts there.

And in the end, as long as it isnt OP, TOO silly and keeps the game rolling (this is obviously cash shop stuff), I approve it

Originally Posted by Lokster View Post
You would pay $100 for this? Seriously? Don't give them ideas ffs. This is a $5-10 texture TOPS. And that would be a stretch.

-- I should add .. it's BADASS.
He didn't say that. He said it could be a bonus you get when you've used 100$ worth in the cash shop. So lets say I've used 50€ on tank camos, 30€ on the vip/premium/sub and 20€ on my grunts camos, I get this as a "freebie".

That said, I do sorta hope that somehow this would be a tad rarer, I somehow dont like the idea that a gold plated pistol is the new "military grade" of auraxis But I still wouldnt go for a standalone price higher than 10€, but I do like the idea that it could be a freebie after you've spent X-amount of money in the cash shop. Some wackos would still outright waste the 100usd on whatever just to get this, but for normal users it would come more so as a freebie

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-03-21 at 05:33 AM.
Old 2012-03-21, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Shogun
Contributor
General

na

it´s a 100 bucks package!

you get the goldgun, 5 female pet-bodyguards that follow you around, and the ceremonial bajoran dress

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-21, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

I don't mind that. They have to sell stuff, while I personally would not buy it, others would. In a fight I won't really see what camo my enemy has, so it matters little to me. Personally - yes, I'd buy a decent camo for my fav gun, unless I fall in love with the default one. Same on vehicles for me.

I look at WoT - people do buy tank camo skins. Good for them, they look better and make them like their tank better. I don't buy em, because I use gold elsewhere..... But in my opinion - even if I don't want it, other might, so no point in going: don't like it, shouldn't be in the game. The more option the better.
Old 2012-03-21, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

I'm probably reading too far into this and making it out to be more important than it really is like I usually do, but here goes...

I hope that all future cosmetic upgrades like fit within the theme of the game. Gold guns is still within a safe realm of seriousness, but please don't ever release a pink obnoxious gun with farting sound effects.

I'm all for cosmetic upgrades as long they fit within the theme of the game. But if it's something that is insanely wacky and diminishes the entire seriousness of the game, please do not implement it.

Global Agenda is a good example of a game that is supposed to be taken somewhat seriously but they release all these goofy cosmetic items and make the game look like a joke.

It's really strange to have this futuristic firefight break out with laser beams and jetpacks then suddenly amidst the chaos there's some guy with a giant dinosaur helmet on his head. It's just well....Retarded.

SOE has said time and time again that they won't sell "power" on the cash shop which I'm very pleased to here. It sounds like they're depending on people buying station cash for unlocking weapons faster or cosmetic upgrades.

Please don't put out a bunch of goofy items in order to get players to purchase them. Just put out legitimately cool looking items and camos etc, that would make someone want to buy them. Not a dinosaur helmet, please.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-21, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Shogun
Contributor
General

deetwo, i´m totally with you!

if goofy hats make it in the game, it´s just a small step to pony-models for your magriders.

goofy items that could work: hood ornaments!
i want salty nuts on the hood of my vanguard!
and silly mascots or decals on warmachines or bombs are not even uncommon in realworld.

just don´t make the soldiers look goofy.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-21, 08:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
PredatorFour
Major

Vanu bling
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vanu fish-on.png
Views:	32
Size:	116.4 KB
ID:	375  
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion