News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 7 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh! this is such a lame way to die! this is so NOT cool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-25, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
CidHighwind
Master Sergeant

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

So I am NC loyal, and have to comment that I also initially felt like the TR got the shit end of the stick on this one.

THEN, I considered the following concept. The TR are the most naturally appealing to new-comers. While I totally respect, and feel that the TR should have some positives to pull out from the trailer, I feel that it will actually balance out the population pull. People will always want to play the empire that shoots the most bullets and is the 'right' or original faction... the one fighting off the crazy techies and the rebels.

In that light, i pity the TR, but feel like it might actually provide some balance to empire population decisions.

In all, this trailer was JUST intended to build interest in the game. It will do that.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SnipeGrzywa View Post
And this is why there will never be a full movie. No matter which side they focus on the other 2 will flame them. lol
They could have showed one disciplined squad of Terrans. Just one. They could have switched to the TR POV for TEN FUCKING SECONDS and showed 'The Professionals' from the teaser operating operationally.

We got Rambo The High Tech Rebel Empire, we got The Sneaky Alien Bastard Empire... and some other guys who were expendable as Kleenex and whom we never got a good look at.

I mad.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
Bags
Lieutenant General

that was pretty bad. good eye candy, I guess
Old 2012-07-25, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
Vanath
Corporal

What kind of idiot let a transport without small arms resistant plating go into a warzone?
Old 2012-07-25, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

AWESOME TRAILER! I'm TR all the way... but that video was just so damn sexy. Sending to all my friends and co-workers now...
Old 2012-07-25, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
SixShooter
Captain

If I knew nothing about the game I would have no idea what was going on here at all. I would not know anything about any of the factions (especially the TR, I would think that the VS were actual aliens and I would somehow think that the NC were heroes.

That being said, it was a beautiful bit of eye candy and will what it's supposed to do which is get people interested in the game (other than us, they already had us at "we're making PS2!). I also have no problem seeing the TR die relentlessly and the NC "hero" taken down by a single knife wound.

Old 2012-07-25, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

At 2:07 you can see the Cloaker ninja land in behind him.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post
The TR are the most naturally appealing to new-comers. People will always want to play the empire that shoots the most bullets and is the 'right' or original faction...
Wat...? No, that's you guys. The glamorous rebels who appeal to angry teenagers who want the biggest guns and the maximum FREEDUMZ.

Isn't it?
Old 2012-07-25, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Littleman
First Lieutenant

This is more fitting as an opening cinematic before the main menu pops. The "teaser" was fit for a TV ad spot.

I liked it. I'm kind of meh about the TR being essentially cannon fodder and possibly viewed as the bad guys.

However, if I were someone seeing this as my first taste of Planetside, that was a pretty freaking cool cinematic. Technically, you probably could pull off some of what we saw, but definitely not all of it. I doubt we can shoot through a galaxy's roof and kill everyone inside for example... or remove a wall from a base. Kill the pilot in the cock-pit? Maybe.

However, even if you're someone that hasn't heard about Planetside, once you get in and recognize the armors, the effect could still be there that the blue dudes were big damn heroes, the red dudes just get shot up, and the purple dudes are all creepy mysterious and all of their women are sporting killer bods. I don't think it will be that prevalent though, just with some of the... less thinking oriented crowd (the NC can have them, TR want team players and thinkers.)
Old 2012-07-25, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
codylee
Private

Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post
So I am NC loyal, and have to comment that I also initially felt like the TR got the shit end of the stick on this one.

THEN, I considered the following concept. The TR are the most naturally appealing to new-comers. While I totally respect, and feel that the TR should have some positives to pull out from the trailer, I feel that it will actually balance out the population pull. People will always want to play the empire that shoots the most bullets and is the 'right' or original faction... the one fighting off the crazy techies and the rebels.

In that light, i pity the TR, but feel like it might actually provide some balance to empire population decisions.

In all, this trailer was JUST intended to build interest in the game. It will do that.
That is Exactly what i was thinking
Old 2012-07-25, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
SideOfBeef
Private

Trailer looks pretty and all, but I don't see how a new watcher would have any idea what sort of game this is.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
Katanauk
Corporal

Misc Info

For me . . . it summed up everyone well . . .

I always imagined:
TR military to be "expendable" and full of "fodder", but huge in number.
NC military to be low in number, but high in skill.
VS military to be weak, but smart.

The trailer pretty much nailed it in terms of my conceptions of each empire .. .
Old 2012-07-25, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Cool vid.

A bit surprised it didn't showcase each class. As it stands it strikes me as a single player game vid.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
(the NC can have them, TR want team players and thinkers.)
Maximum Brofist.jpg
Old 2012-07-25, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
solracseptim
Private

I do feel bad for the TR but the trailer seems like an attention catcher for people to be like "oh that game looks rad" there are other videos for faction description once they start looking it up. On another not looks like Higby and T Ray were in disagreement on which faction is more awesome.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion