Help me help you!Hackers - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sucky, sucky, five dollar
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-19, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Help me help you!Hackers

I would like to think PSU is where the core play base is at when it come to Planetside 2. i have the utmost respect for all players from all factions that use this forum,,,,,but i have a problem and i am at a loss of what to do about it.
We all have a common enemy in this game. Hackers/Script kiddies .
Every other week they are coming out with new hacks that are harder to spot and detect. I try to keep myself informed by going to sites where these hacks can be found , so i can see what the new hacks are, how they work, and what to look for. End result is a finely tuned BS detector.

The problem..
How and where can we share this information with each other?Im looking for any recommendation or input on how to discuss the problem.We need to be able to post links to the sites where the hacks can be found. We need to be able to discuss the newest hacks out, and be able to post and view videos of these hacks in action so everyone knows what to look for.
We all know that there are more hackers then admins in game. This is why they added the report function , and if we don't know what to look for, then we cant really be of any use . Its a catch 22.By now I assume people that use this forum know how i feel about hackers.I Fing Hate Hackers,and i think the world would be a better place if the all died, that might be a little rough .
So when i see someone post a video on PSU of obvious hacks in use , and i see people respond " what hacks?" I rage... These are people I have respect for as players ,and I feel if anyone would or should know better, its the players that use this forum.See my point? The more informed players we have creates a better quality of game play for everyone.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-05-19 at 07:35 AM.
Old 2013-05-19, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Re: Help me help you!Hackers

I read one of your posts a while back, and that really got me agreeing with you... there are hacks more subtle than aimbot, compare map hacks from Starcraft II. The gameplay looks fine, and still requires skill, yet the hacker still has an advantage because you can't outmaneuver him. And if people didn't know this existed, like the tons of people who aren't aware that this exists in PS2, everything would just be ridiculous. Especially since PS2 has no tools to let you as a player take any PoV but your own.

It's a bit unorthodox, but I feel everyone should be aware of what tricks people use. Letting players simply play Planetside 2 without informing them would be like sending them to Honest John's second-hand car dealership, or telling them to buy the cheapest (read: Chinese knock-off) product via the internet. They get shafted if they don't know what's up.
Only in this game, they'll think it's their fault.
Old 2013-05-19, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
The problem..
How and where can we share this information with each other?Im looking for any recommendation or input on how to discuss the problem.We need to be able to post links to the sites where the hacks can be found. We need to be able to discuss the newest hacks out, and be able to post and view videos of these hacks in action so everyone knows what to look for.
We all know that there are more hackers then admins in game. This is why they added the report function , and if we don't know what to look for, then we cant really be of any use . Its a catch 22.By now I assume people that use this forum know how i feel about hackers.I Fing Hate Hackers,and i think the world would be a better place if the all died, that might be a little rough .
So when i see someone post a video on PSU of obvious hacks in use , and i see people respond " what hacks?" I rage... These are people I have respect for as players ,and I feel if anyone would or should know better, its the players that use this forum.See my point? The more informed players we have creates a better quality of game play for everyone.
If we advertise where to find and how to use hacks and exploits in the game will will just end up with more players using them then players reporting them.

Just /report anyone in game that you suspect of foul play and let the GM's sort it out.

However I feel this is SOE's problem. They can easily develop software that tracks 100% of all hackers if they just put some resources into this. You can say what you want about Star Wars the Old Republic but BioWare managed to develop really good software to log statistics over every players every little movement in game. A program like that can easily detect anything fishy going on and ban all cheaters from the game.

We as a community should not have to police our own games. Thats something that has to be a service that the game producers should provide. Sure we can help out with reporting players for braking the games rules but we should not have to do more then so.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-05-19 at 07:47 AM.
Old 2013-05-19, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

SOE doesn't help us report cheaters though. We have to always know what to look for. SOE isn't telling us what is cheating, nor are they telling us whether whoever we reported was cheating or was not cheating. So while they can keep telling us to PM us names, it'll probably just catch whoever is best at killing doodz.
Old 2013-05-19, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
If we advertise where to find and how to use hacks and exploits in the game will will just end up with more players using them then players reporting them.

Just /report anyone in game that you suspect of foul play and let the GM's sort it out.
exactly!
report any cheaters. everytime i play, a gm announces that he is on cheatpatrol and wants us to report cheating scumm.

the more you try to "educate" the masses, the more you are giving ideas to stupid idiots! the more you show them how other people hack, what the hacks are called and what to do to cheat the easiest way, the more idiots will try it!
and wow, now they know exactly what to google for!
if you know so much about hacking, send this info to the devs! enclosed!
there is no need to pile up every information about hacking at this forum!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-19, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

However I feel this is SOE's problem. They can easily develop software that tracks 100% of all hackers if they just put some resources into this. You can say what you want about Star Wars the Old Republic but BioWare managed to develop really good software to log statistics over every players every little movement in game. A program like that can easily detect anything fishy going on and ban all cheaters from the game.

We as a community should not have to police our own games. Thats something that has to be a service that the game producers should provide. Sure we can help out with reporting players for braking the games rules but we should not have to do more then so.
Your right. We should not have to, but this is Free To Play.... F2P games come hand and hand with hackers, and a lot of them. If they had staff in game 24/7 it would be a different story, but they dont. so they added the /report function. now if we dont know what to look for then how are we being useful? further more /reporting legit players is a huge waste of time.so if you just /report anyone with a good gun your apart of the problem.
you dont have much faith in players on this site do you? i think they would use this information to help clean the game and i would like to think most would be eager to catch and report more hackers.If anyone ever wanted to hack in planetside 2 i dont think they would come here to look for hacks lol.
google planetside 2 hacks......About 834,000 results (0.17 seconds) lol

we need a informed player base, and a way to inform them.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-05-19 at 08:06 AM.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

I dont really think there is a magic bullet to stop video game hackers. But soe does have some pretty impressive tools to track the player base in everything it does so maybe these hackers wont be as rampant as Ive seen in other games.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
the more you try to "educate" the masses, the more you are giving ideas to stupid idiots! the more you show them how other people hack, what the hacks are called and what to do to cheat the easiest way, the more idiots will try it!
I feel that if they're inclined to use Hacks, and not already hacking, and not able to google "Planetside 2 hacks" then they won't be intelligent enough to hack subtly, meaning they'll get caught in no time. Idiots are idiots, right?

I don't know how many percent of PS2's demographic are stupid idiots though, so getting rid of them might not be such a good idea for SOE.

Then again, how many stupid idiots are here on the PSU forums? This isn't even the official forums, so why would any legit (and stupid) player come here for hacks?
Old 2013-05-19, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by EvilNinjadude View Post
SOE doesn't help us report cheaters though. We have to always know what to look for. SOE isn't telling us what is cheating, nor are they telling us whether whoever we reported was cheating or was not cheating. So while they can keep telling us to PM us names, it'll probably just catch whoever is best at killing doodz.
I don't think you're that stupid. You know what you can do in the game and what you can not.

And in this case it's better tho shoot first and ask questions later. Yes you may report some one that was just a good player for doing something extra ordinary or just some one that manage to get in a lucky shot. But if you /report some one that was not cheating no harm was done as the GM's will not ban him after investigating your report.

Yes this might create some extra work for the GM's but at least I pay for this game so I don't care if they have to work for the money I pay them to do there job. And if you are freeloading bastard.... way the hell do you care?
Old 2013-05-19, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
Your right. We should not have to, but this is Free To Play.... F2P games come hand and hand with hackers, and a lot of them. If they had staff in game 24/7 it would be a different story, but they dont. so they added the /report function. now if we dont know what to look for then how are we being useful? further more /reporting legit players is a huge waste of time.so if you just /report anyone with a good gun your apart of the problem.
you dont have much faith in players on this site do you? i think they would use this information to help clean the game and i would like to think most would be eager to catch and report more hackers.If anyone ever wanted to hack in planetside 2 i dont think they would come here to look for hacks lol.
google planetside 2 hacks......About 834,000 results (0.17 seconds) lol

we need a informed player base, and a way to inform them.
This is a F2P game witch means they earn allot more money then if this was a game you had to pay for. Yes this sounds a bit retarded but it's true. SOE earns more money from selling SC that we buy allot of crap for then if they would just have a box price and sub fees.

So no I do not buy your argument about they have to lower the standard of moderation the game because its a "free game"

PS: The /report function is in all the pay to play MMOs too.

PPS: And no there is as many hackers in pay to play MMOs as there are in F2P MMOs. It's just little bit easier for hackers to work around the ban in a F2P MMO as they don't need to buy a new game.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-05-19 at 09:27 AM.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

I don't think you're that stupid. You know what you can do in the game and what you can not.
Latency, FPSlag and ADADAD. No COD-style PoV killcam (never played but as an example). What's legit and what's not? Often I know. Sometimes I don't.

I can try, but I like things to be better. As good as possible. That's my point of view.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Shogun
Contributor
General

I feel that if they're inclined to use Hacks, and not already hacking, and not able to google "Planetside 2 hacks" then they won't be intelligent enough to hack subtly, meaning they'll get caught in no time. Idiots are idiots, right?

I don't know how many percent of PS2's demographic are stupid idiots though, so getting rid of them might not be such a good idea for SOE.

Then again, how many stupid idiots are here on the PSU forums? This isn't even the official forums, so why would any legit (and stupid) player come here for hacks?
sure, but the more forums have posts in which it is explained how to cheat undetected and how cheaters cloak what they are doing, the easier it gets to google efficently.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-19, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dreamcast
Major

Here are some gifs I got from video's of people with questionable Strafing speeds....This seems to happen a lot when Im playing, seems to be like the most common hack.

They strafe slightly faster than normal so they won't look suspicious.

They look better in the video but I think the video names names so that might be against the rules.
Old 2013-05-19, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Sunrock
Major

Latency, FPSlag and ADADAD. No COD-style PoV killcam (never played but as an example). What's legit and what's not? Often I know. Sometimes I don't.

I can try, but I like things to be better. As good as possible. That's my point of view.
If it's server lag then you have it too so... But how do you know if they exploit that intentional or not? You never can. Thats way you report even if only 80% sure it might have been foul play.
Old 2013-05-19, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

This is a F2P game witch means they earn allot more money then if this was a game you had to pay for. Yes this sounds a bit retarded but it's true. SOE earns more money from selling SC that we buy allot of crap for then if they would just have a box price and sub fees.

So no I do not buy your argument about they have to lower the standard of moderation the game because its a "free game"

PS: The /report function is in all the pay to play MMOs too.
lol thats not the point i was trying to make. if this game was p2p we would have 90% less hackers. its a skill based f2p game, and f2p skill based game are always and have always been flooded with hackers.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion