Planetside 2 and Trolls - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Screw you guys, I'm going home...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: How should SOE be against trolls?
Trolling is natural, waste your time banning cheaters not trolls 51 55.43%
Ban every troll....even if they are paying customers. 24 26.09%
Only ban trolls who troll too much 8 8.70%
Ban trolls who troll too much but never permanetly ban them 8 8.70%
Ban trolls but if they actually buy stuff...Don't ban them 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-02, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dreamcast
Major

Planetside 2 and Trolls

I love trolling so it got me thinking, how is SOE gonna act against trolls?

I mean this is a free game, this is the internet...so I expect a decent influx of wanna be trolls and real trolls.

These "trolls" are probably going to buy things so their money will be appreciated but they could also "harm" the community...so Im not sure how strict SOE is gonna be against them.

Personally I think people need a good troll once in a while, I mean they need something to release their anger to....So I say don't be that strict against trolls and have the same grief system.

I feel that most people will play as team tho so trolling wont be a huge problem in fact the problem is gonna be persons over using the word troll when something doesn't go their way which is the latest trend..calling everything a troll.

I can't wait to get people in my galaxy and dropping them over the sea,TK, and suicide bombing against my team!...I also can't wait to Verbally troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Dreamcast; 2012-04-02 at 01:57 PM.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Re: Planetside 2 and Trolls

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
...calling everything a troll.
Not at all like you, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the grief system making a comeback. I felt that, while flawed, it was fairly solid for what it did.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
Not at all like you, of course.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the grief system making a comeback. I felt that, while flawed, it was fairly solid for what it did.
I knew somebody was gonna say something...I was talking about real trolling, not disagreements between people then somebody accuses the other as being a troll for not agreeing.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I love trolling so it got me thinking, how is SOE gonna act against trolls?

I mean this is a free game, this is the internet...so I expect a decent influx of wanna be trolls and real trolls.

These "trolls" are probably going to buy things so their money will be appreciated but they could also "harm" the community...so Im not sure how strict SOE is gonna be against them.

Personally I think people need a good troll once in a while, I mean they need something to release their anger to....So I say don't be that strict against trolls and have the same grief system.

I feel that most people will play as team tho so trolling wont be a huge problem in fact the problem is gonna be persons over using the word troll when something doesn't go their way which is the latest trend..calling everything a troll.

I can't wait to get people in my galaxy and dropping them over the sea,TK, and suicide bombing against my team!
Just remember, If you act like a prick in game expected to be treated like one. We had a way of taking care of TK'ers and trolls in PS1. It was called /Global all : Dreamcast is a Tk'er. Frag him on site. Not many places you can run to when you have 600 other ppl pissed off at you killing you the moment they see you.

I'm also fine with SOE keeping the same greif system from the first game. That way they can lock your guns and have you sit off to the side taking shotgun shells to the face for being stupid. Ah yes.. I can't wait to partake in that.

Old 2012-04-02, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

Two words, Friendly Fire.

How in gods name are they going to stop people making free to play accounts with the intent of just killing people and getting banned instantly. The only way would be to make you assign a credit card to your account, so if you get banned you have to go through all that hassle. But then youre limiting the free to play market to people above 18.

I have no idea how its going to work and it kindof scares me, the previous griefing system was a mess. I get banned for 24 hours because someone runs and stands near my grenade and dies? Pathetic.

I get grief killed by an entire squad for 20 minutes because i accidentally shoot someone, and 20 guys are laughing their ass off while killing me, with a tiny penalty to them? Rediculous.
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

What empire do you play Dreamcast ?
Old 2012-04-02, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
Just remember, If you act like a prick in game expected to be treated like one. We had a way of taking care of TK'ers and trolls in PS1. It was called /Global all : Dreamcast is a Tk'er. Frag him on site. Not many places you can run to when you have 600 other ppl pissed off at you killing you the moment they see you.

I'm also fine with SOE keeping the same greif system from the first game. That way they can lock your guns and have you sit off to the side taking shotgun shells to the face for being stupid. Ah yes.. I can't wait to partake in that.
That happen to me sometimes...It was pretty fun.

The griefing system was decent..I could kill people but had to watch out to not get my guns locked..Also this led me to find creative ways to disrupt my own team without getting grief.

I don't think I ever got banned from Planetside and I TK alot.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

<--------

I feel... strange in this thread...

Old 2012-04-02, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Cosmical View Post
Two words, Friendly Fire.

How in gods name are they going to stop people making free to play accounts with the intent of just killing people and getting banned instantly. The only way would be to make you assign a credit card to your account, so if you get banned you have to go through all that hassle. But then youre limiting the free to play market to people above 18.

I have no idea how its going to work and it kindof scares me, the previous griefing system was a mess. I get banned for 24 hours because someone runs and stands near my grenade and dies? Pathetic.

I get grief killed by an entire squad for 20 minutes because i accidentally shoot someone, and 20 guys are laughing their ass off while killing me, with a tiny penalty to them? Rediculous.
I never met anybody who just griefed 24/7....I don't think their is any troll who does multiple accounts just to TK....

I TK alot but even I played the game regularly most of the time.

So I don't think 24/7 TKers are gonna be a problem for the most part.

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
What empire do you play Dreamcast ?
Terran Republic.
Old 2012-04-02, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

Ah. That's not called trolling, you see. It's called Griefing. You may think it's called trolling because maybe you're not old enough to know what it used to be called, before people tried to make it all cute. Trolling is a Forumside thing, not a Planetside thing. At least get it right.

Since the game is going to be f2p, SOE would be idiotic to ignore the issues Realtime Worlds and then GamersFirst had with APB. Cheaters and griefers everywhere, made the game almost unplayable. They eventually instituted a harsher policy and some new technology to catch cheaters, and they managed to somewhat curtail the griefers, but only just so. The game is still barely playable.

Hardware bans would be the only way to really get it done, from my limited knowledge on the subject. I also wouldn't mind them requiring a credit card number. Oh no, does that mean the kiddies won't be able to play? Perish the thought!
Old 2012-04-02, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

feed them goats!!!

Trolls are a fact of internet life - identify them and just try not to feed
Old 2012-04-02, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by ItsTheSheppy View Post
Ah. That's not called trolling, you see. It's called Griefing. You may think it's called trolling because maybe you're not old enough to know what it used to be called, before people tried to make it all cute. Trolling is a Forumside thing, not a Planetside thing. At least get it right.

Since the game is going to be f2p, SOE would be idiotic to ignore the issues Realtime Worlds and then GamersFirst had with APB. Cheaters and griefers everywhere, made the game almost unplayable. They eventually instituted a harsher policy and some new technology to catch cheaters, and they managed to somewhat curtail the griefers, but only just so. The game is still barely playable.

Hardware bans would be the only way to really get it done, from my limited knowledge on the subject. I also wouldn't mind them requiring a credit card number. Oh no, does that mean the kiddies won't be able to play? Perish the thought!
I played Planetside since 03....I played FPS online since like 2000.

I TeamKilled all the time, the most common phrase was Teamkiller than Griefing from what I remember....either way I did it to piss people off.

Trolling is use now a days to describe people who Teamkill as well so I used the word Troll...But your right, Im sure theirs gonna be verbal trolls in chat..which I love to do too since is easy to get people Riled up.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Stormhall

Eh I think it's a bit pointless to ban someone for TK'ing a bit but if its the same person TK'ing again and again and again and again then it gets annoying but overall watch out more for the cheaters who wall hack and auto aim and other shit.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cosmical
Contributor
Cosmic Comics

I TeamKilled all the time, the most common phrase was Teamkiller than Griefing from what I remember....either way I did it to piss people off.
So this thread isnt so much your fear of the damage people will cause to the community, as it is to formulate new ways of griefing and not getting caught for it? haha
Chinese New Year 1 / Chinese New Year 2 A Comic about mediocrity.... and bizarre stuff.
Old 2012-04-02, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ThGlump
Captain

Wow i feel so old and detached. Griefing is now called trolling? That mean we wont get grief system but troll system to prevent that? It will be like some fantasy game - You hit friendly soldier, there are you 2 trolls.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion