Planetside 2 Needs Prone - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do not feed it!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want Prone in PS2?
Yes 152 31.21%
No 312 64.07%
Other (Explain) 23 4.72%
Voters: 487. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-02, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
Bags
Lieutenant General

Re: Planetside 2 Needs Prone

In his latest they were arguing about christian vs eco terrorists.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #197
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
In his latest they were arguing about christian vs eco terrorists.
What??? That has nothing to do with Planetside 2.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #198
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
If this game manages to fail...

Yea pretty much thats me, if this is shit, fuck it, I'm out.

i can get used to the ADS and the tactical play for sure, you know id much rather be jumping off walls and flaking people in the face, but hey, its an MMO you want the skill gap to be a short as possible to attract as many people as possible, best make it a "realistic" shooter.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-02, 04:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #199
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

I'm neutral to prone.

While it's not needed, i can't see why the option of laying down on the ground makes such a huge debate in the community. It's not about realism, come on!
Old 2012-06-02, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #200
SKYeXile
Major General

^FC meet and greet, in san fransico, naturally.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-02, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
EVILoHOMER
Major

BFBC2 worked far better than BF3 with no prone because it keeps the pace of the fight up and snipers balanced and not annoying. As soon as you give people prone, then you give them a chance to camp and it isn't fun for anybody and doesn't help the team.
Old 2012-06-02, 07:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Jonny
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
BFBC2 worked far better than BF3 with no prone because it keeps the pace of the fight up and snipers balanced and not annoying. As soon as you give people prone, then you give them a chance to camp and it isn't fun for anybody and doesn't help the team.
This. Its a camping tool and I don't agree it's needed at all.
Old 2012-06-02, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #203
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Yea pretty much thats me, if this is shit, fuck it, I'm out.

i can get used to the ADS and the tactical play for sure, you know id much rather be jumping off walls and flaking people in the face, but hey, its an MMO you want the skill gap to be a short as possible to attract as many people as possible, best make it a "realistic" shooter.

hahaha soo melodramatic. "If this game isn't MIND BLOWING I'm walking. That's it guys. I'm out!"

You must be crossing your fingers your gaming career doesn't abrupty end in a few months.
Old 2012-06-02, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #204
Vagabond
Private

Again, I could care less about prone being in this game (it's already being omitted), but it seems most people are blowing the issue way out of proportion. Adding prone most likely will not ruin an entire game. Additionally, I am sure excessive camping will not even be an issue in this game. Those who camp will most likely be left behind while everyone else works on the objective, that is just how this sort of game works. Also, camping is a legitimate tactic while defending (people will still camp with crouch, they will just camp in a different manner. People will adjust). Prone has been in games for a long time now. Adding prone does not make a game "cookie cutter" or a copy. Even if prone was included, restrictions will be placed on it as there have been restrictions on jumping in many games to prevent bunny hopping.

Anyhow, I am just repeating myself (and so is everyone else), but I really feel that these arguments have little basis and are mostly assumptions.
Old 2012-06-02, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #205
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

I don't really see a need for prone, just make crouched as accurate. The only additional thing it does is hide your silhouette and if you're wanting stealth gameplay take an infil or attack at night.

In a game where we have cloakers and such prone will just slow the pace way, way down. It also leads to all sorts of problems like dolphin diving if its not done very, very well. Going prone also massively favors defenders, defenders already have battlements and bases so I think adding another huge advantage will just slow the pace down far too much.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
DrifterBG
Private

With the layout of the bases, and terrain, and gameplay mechanics... prone will not be needed.

This isn't a game where you have 32 players per side, with maybe an aircraft or two from the enemy shooting at you, and one/two tanks at a time...

We're going to have scores of tanks, squadrons of aircraft, and armies of hundreds shooting at you.

Prone, if anything, will only be silly as everyone will enter the base, fall on their face, and clog up the halls for their team mates.

I can barely thing of ANY time where prone would have been useful in Planetside 1, and where it won't get you or your team mates killed in Planetside 2.

Last edited by DrifterBG; 2012-06-02 at 12:19 PM.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

i wouldnt mind some prone in ps2. it would have to be restricted to classes , and locations, outside only.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
NEWSKIS
Corporal

For me I'm in the middle. I don't mind it being put in as long as it doesnt take a rediculous amount of the devs time and it has restrictions on what classes/weapons you can go prone with ( aka no maxes going prone ).

Although I have a feeling the amount of time it would take to implement it wouldnt be short.
Old 2012-06-02, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #209
stonelizard
Private

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg2u_De8j5o
Old 2012-06-02, 02:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #210
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

LOL, it's fun, but prone is probably the only thing I'm absolutely against. Even concidering that sniping is all I usually do in most games.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion