NC Outfit Alliance - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When shooting people in real life gets boring.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-06-19, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

NC Outfit Alliance

Howdy NC Outfit Leaders,

Is there interest enough beginning the pursuit of forming an official Outfit Alliance for PS2? I do not mind giving it a web presence and forums and hosting mumble / vent / TS whatever, to use for coordination.. or is there a currently alliance in place that is still active with PS1? Sorry I have been out for a while and remember how awesome it was to run coordinate efforts between outfits to pwn regions.

Thoughts? Comment? SitRep?

thanks
Knightmare
Old 2012-06-20, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dustic
Private

Re: NC Outfit Alliance

I am actually about to attempt to create one in Planetside 1 that I Hope will carry over to Planetside 2.
Old 2012-06-20, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hosp
First Sergeant

or is there a currently alliance in place that is still active with PS1?
NC currently have the tendency of fighting each other more than the enemy.

And i highly doubt this will go anywhere as the bigger outfit leaders feel they are more in command than more effective smaller outfits.

However, if you manage to get a large outfit on board and under a command besides their own (while doing alliance ops), this idea might go somewhere as smaller SpecOps and Support Ops outfits would be more willing to support a force working the way they need rather than the way the larger outfit wants.
Old 2012-06-20, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I had something like this in mind. I might shoot you a message on FB to something I wrote about it, Knightmare. The only problem is that people have egos to tend to.
Old 2012-06-20, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major

A re-creation of the NCA would be pretty awesome. Keep this thread updated with anything new!
Old 2012-06-20, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SG Gonad
Private

Bring back the NCA !!!!
Old 2012-06-20, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Op nights with the NCA was awesome! I remember working with NCA with big and small outfits to work out a strat and then go execute. I was good stuff and worked well as I remember. It would be awesome to get the thing going again!

Knightmare
Old 2012-06-20, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NCLynx
Major

http://new-conglomerate.com/

Figure I'll plug this here so if and when this new NCA gets started up we have a site to plan things on. I know p0intman is on there already and requested some strategy planning forums that were put up. The site could potentially be the new NCA's home? Lemme know what'cha think.
Old 2012-06-21, 05:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dustic
Private

I can get a Ventrillo, Mumble or Teamspeak up for outfit coordination. Larger outfits please put Egos aside this would help ALOT. NCA should come back in an Iron Symphony of Outfits working together to create musical perfection.
Old 2012-06-21, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Grimshad
Private

Are there any small outfits out there (3 platoons or less max) that would be interested in forming an alliance for multi strike team objectives? Please PM me if interested.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Howdy,

I registered planetside-nca.com and planetsidenca.com last night. I own several web serves and can offer free hosting to put a joomla / drupal site on it w/ forums if someone is willing to build it or I can point the domains to another. I kinda like the planetside-nca.com as the primary but I'm up to what ever yall think.

Is there any admins or officers still around from the Old NCA?

I will take the lead on this one though and at least coordinate an online meeting to happen next month for all interested parties so we can start on getting some things established etc. I am not saying I want to lead the whole dang thing and will gladly support anyone with actual NCA experience.

As I recall large outfits and small worked very well with NCA and I hope we can do this again and come right of the gate as a unified NC.

Knightmare
Old 2012-06-21, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Re: NC Outfit Alliance (Coms)

Side note:

If we mimic the com structure from the NCA that worked very well was to use a large TS server where each outfit had their own chan and there was a command channel as well for coordination. I would like to use something similar. So a couple of questions for the group.

NOTE: I can host an unlimited size Mumble / TS server from my web servers with the domain extension.

Expectations:
1. Supports loads of users (50 or 100?)
2. Each outfit leader will be an admin on the server
3. Can serve as Primary Communication for individual outfits with outfit channels being admin and locked if wanted by each outfit lead or representative.
4. Monthly cost can be group contributed to (if not a free solution)

Questions:
1. TS, Vent, or Mumble & reasons 1 over another??

thanks
Knightmare

Last edited by AOI Knightmare; 2012-06-21 at 10:19 AM.
Old 2012-06-21, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dustic
Private

That would be great do note though that a free TS server you set up can hold unlimited people, as much as your bandwidth can support. Im in on this idea.
Old 2012-07-29, 10:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Fligsnurt
Private

Misc Info
Re: NC Outfit Alliance (Coms)

Edit - Didn't see how far this had gone, got excited and made a post. Anyways, I am a member of a smaller Outfit that is interested in the NCA. Would love some basic information if possible.

Regards,
|?| Fligsnurt

Last edited by Fligsnurt; 2012-07-29 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Excited Derping
Old 2012-07-30, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Howdy,

PM me anytime or we can jump on TS sometime and I would be more then happy to talk w/ ya.

On a side note I just wanted to let everyone know that if you are intending to be a member of the NCA then use of the TS3 server is availalbe for your outfit 24/7 for free. This mean you can run your daily business in your own channel as well as have one member as a server admin.

If you are interested in this please let me know assuming you are joining the NCA.

thanks
Knightmare
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate