NC Outfit Alliance - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than late night television
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-07-06, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Phantomdestiny
Second Lieutenant

Re: NC Outfit Alliance

i think this a brilliant idea but i was wondering does this extend to the EU NC outfits too? ; if so the grim reapers are glad to join you
Old 2012-07-06, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

if you EU people want to roll on the same server as the rest of us, thats cool and we'd be glad to have you.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
NCLynx
Major

I don't see a problem with an EU branch but we wouldn't be the ones running it lol.

Or like p0int said assuming latency isn't shit and you guys can handle being on the server we roll on you're more than welcome to join up.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Amen NCLynx the more the merrier!
Old 2012-07-09, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Pancake
Sergeant

My outfit will be EU based. I like the idea of having a NCA branch for the European server. I can help organize things if necessary.

Would I be able to meet with someone to give me a run down of the NCA? Thanks.
Old 2012-07-10, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Pancake View Post
My outfit will be EU based. I like the idea of having a NCA branch for the European server. I can help organize things if necessary.

Would I be able to meet with someone to give me a run down of the NCA? Thanks.
send me a pm with what times you're usually available to have a chat over ts3 and i can do that.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Think about what you are trying to do though. You pile too many outfits into one server and there will be not enough room for you all.
I think Evilpig has a point. I'm not tearing down what you're doing, and applaud it. But what will the effect of this be when the core NC outfits join one server. I mean, then the NC community in general will follow. Then TR & VS may feel obliged to stay with the PS1 community. We're a major force in marketing this game, but also in server choice. There are 6000 players on one server online. I don't know how that equates to how many offline characters there can be - maybe there is no limit to that. It sounds like we could be in for quite a server lock on one server. I think PS2 will have way more popularity then PS1 did.

The other thing I'm wondering is why there's so much talk about 3rd-party voip, when the in-game voip is supposed to replace that. Yes, you can still use 3rd-party voip, but it sounds like the in-game system is meant to surpass it. I mean they're talking about being able to join the voip conversation on your cell phone. If the in-game voip is not at least 80% as functional as TS or Vent, I'd be disappointed. Are some of you anticipating that the full potential of the voip system will not be adequate at launch, so this is all contingency planning? Are some of you anticipating disappointment too?
Old 2012-07-10, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
I think Evilpig has a point. I'm not tearing down what you're doing, and applaud it. But what will the effect of this be when the core NC outfits join one server. I mean, then the NC community in general will follow. Then TR & VS may feel obliged to stay with the PS1 community. We're a major force in marketing this game, but also in server choice. There are 6000 players on one server online. I don't know how that equates to how many offline characters there can be - maybe there is no limit to that. It sounds like we could be in for quite a server lock on one server. I think PS2 will have way more popularity then PS1 did.

The other thing I'm wondering is why there's so much talk about 3rd-party voip, when the in-game voip is supposed to replace that. Yes, you can still use 3rd-party voip, but it sounds like the in-game system is meant to surpass it. I mean they're talking about being able to join the voip conversation on your cell phone. If the in-game voip is not at least 80% as functional as TS or Vent, I'd be disappointed. Are some of you anticipating that the full potential of the voip system will not be adequate at launch, so this is all contingency planning? Are some of you anticipating disappointment too?
I'm waiting to see about ingame voip for ps2 before going all out, but knowing how Vivox does things, I don't think its adequate for what we want to do. I frankly don't intend to use it whatsoever because of the fact that its terrible most of the time. I also intend to see about API functionality and see if that can't be incorporated into our website/ts3 structure.

In other words, we're not going to wait for, or rely on SOE. That has historically turned out to be a hilariously stupid choice. TS3 is honestly superior in all ways in comparison to what I expect from SOE.

As for us rolling all on one server, I think many of us want to stick together, and there are tentative plans for it to happen. You need to remember that many members of the NCA have been friends and outfit mates for going on 6-9 years now. Imo, asking us to go to seperate servers is kind of a 'FUCK YOU' gesture.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-07-10 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Malchance
Private

The Black Flag is small, but you've got our support. I'm quite interested to see how this all plays out.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Ok! We're reforming the Renegades, and I'll follow the NCA, BL and SG wherever they go. Server locks be damned!
Old 2012-07-13, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Awesome! I will be posting the next meeting invite and agenda soon! Sorry for the delay just hammy first child and coming back from hospital today!
-knightmare
Old 2012-07-13, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
Hosp
First Sergeant

We said this to our OL a while back and now I say it to you...

GZ, another Papa Smurf.
Old 2012-07-13, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
Ok! We're reforming the Renegades, and I'll follow the NCA, BL and SG wherever they go. Server locks be damned!
Awesome. Fish coming back as well? The Renegades was the first outfit I ever joined, heh.

And in response to the whole "Won't you have to many on one server"-ish comment. The NCA worked back in the day when we were on the same server, there's no reason it wouldn't work now.

But there's more people? More outfits to consider?

That's fine. The servers, continent population caps, and overall the whole game- are all bigger now.
Old 2012-07-14, 12:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Malchance
Private

Originally Posted by AOI Knightmare View Post
Awesome! I will be posting the next meeting invite and agenda soon! Sorry for the delay just hammy first child and coming back from hospital today!
-knightmare
Congrats!

Get em started on Reaver training early!
Old 2012-07-14, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Geandily
Private

Once the game gets going the Flowers of Happiness will consider joining. I just don't want to make any commitment to you guys until I've talked to the other leaders, I'll keep in touch!

Last edited by Geandily; 2012-07-14 at 12:56 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate