PSU: Refreshing.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2012-09-08, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Kipper
Captain

Re: PC Upgrade Assistance (UK)

Yeah, though obviously not possible to say if its down to the CPU or the patch, I'll have to say both. Still 15 FPS at times, but its much less noticable.

Couldn't even use a vehicle before and now, no problem. I've been to heavily populated areas too and fighting and again, no issues whatsoever with framerate.

Just got to fix the random disconnects from the EU servers, and the fact that I stink at PS2

Also looking forward to being able to crank up the settings, I want the particles and light shows that youtube has spoiled me with
Old 2012-09-12, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Kipper
Captain

Re: PC Upgrade Assistance (UK)

Just whacked in the extra 4gb and the 660Ti.

On the settings I was running before, everything started running as smooth as you like with 40-70fps

I've now upped my resolution to 1920x1080 and medium graphics (with a couple of things turned down to low) and its smooth out in the open but slows down a bit in the warpgate or busy areas.... But the game looks immeasurably better.

I celebrated the change by getting my first A2A kill (and was quickly brought back down to earth by a tree) and then taking out two prowlers with my HA and damaging several more, devastating a column

I just need to hold on more more optimizations and work out what settings will give me the ideal performance / fps ratio. I'm not one of these folk looking for 60-70, I just want a fairly stable 30 and a sexy looking game....
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum