NC Outfit Alliance - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Chomp on this!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-06-27, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
NCAdmin
Private

Re: NC Outfit Alliance

The New-Conglomerate.com site is standing by ready to assist everyone in this endeavor.
Old 2012-06-27, 06:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Exclamation Initial Meeting!!!!

Howdy,

In an effort to get some stuff figured out prior to the US holiday I am wanting to get together this week. Now this is some short notice but are people willing to get online for an pre-meeting meeting tomorrow 6/28 at 7pm CST? If we get enough people willing to participate tomorrow at or near that time (aka w/ a little adjustment possible) then lets do it. If not I will reschedule until after the US Holiday.

Cheers
Old 2012-06-27, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Initial Meeting!!!!

Unless I have a long day at work, I should be able to make that time.
Old 2012-06-28, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Thoughts?

Also don't forget meeting tonight at 7:00pm CST.

Outfit Leads please PM me for Team Speak Info so you can distribute it.
Individuals please PM me and I will hook ya up!

Thanks
Knightmare
Old 2012-06-28, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Is it a bring everyone thing then... or did we want some discretion?
Old 2012-06-28, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Is it a bring everyone thing then... or did we want some discretion?
Fuck it. bring whoever you like. no big deal. if it gets too noisy or crowded, we can moderate the channel and grant talking powers to those that need it the most.

preference to outfit leads really. this isn't really about individual grunts except those that aren't entirely tied to one outfit or another.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-28 at 01:58 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Fuck it. bring whoever you like. no big deal. if it gets too noisy or crowded, we can moderate the channel and grant talking powers to those that need it the most.

preference to outfit leads really. this isn't really about individual grunts except those that aren't entirely tied to one outfit or another.
What he said
Old 2012-06-28, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Alright, I'll likely be the only one that shows up from War Machine then.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Meeting held. Agreements made. We'll revisit this after launch. post-meeting, a few conclusions were also made. more news to come as time progresses~

Most outfits ive contacted have gotten back to me, a couple predictable replies, a few outfits are nowhere to be found or are completely silent.

if you're interested in this, feel free to contact me or knightmare.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

There are already alliances in place for Planetside 2. Think about what you are trying to do though. You pile too many outfits into one server and there will be not enough room for you all.
Old 2012-06-28, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Tbh, I'm pretty sure a 250 person ts3 server will work for joint operations. most outfits have their own servers to boot, if it is needed. we can handle the communications hurdles. We're slowly getting things in place for launch. We're fine. Worst comes to worst, we can use in-game custom channels as a sort of command chat between outfit leaders.

There are other things we can do as well, like use jabber to send pings out to members concerning problems if they arise. I have absolute confidence in our ability to handle scaling problems.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-06-28 at 11:32 PM.
Old 2012-06-28, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I wasn't able to come... obviously.
Old 2012-06-29, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
There are already alliances in place for Planetside 2. Think about what you are trying to do though. You pile too many outfits into one server and there will be not enough room for you all.

Howdy,

NCA worked well in the past and I didn't see any reason why it wouldn't do so even in the new PS2 from everything I have seen to date. I am looking forward to moving on this with who ever ends up participating because while working in your own outfit to do things when you are able to pair that with the dynamics of working with a large scale tactical force with groups of others it brings a whole new aspect to the game that was very enjoyable for most. It wont be a cup of tea for everyone and it will be as big or as small as people enjoy participating. If it does nothing else then to bring folks together once a week to share thoughts and do something as a unified force then I will call it a success.

-Knightmare
Old 2012-06-29, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Hosp
First Sergeant

You pile too many outfits into one server and there will be not enough room for you all.
Joint ops don't require having everyone in the same com, just requires everyone to know what to do.

Just have the SLs (actual leading SLs & Officers not just SL as in PS1 with Gold1 Blue1 etc) in the joint coms. Anything else from member to member of different outfits should be more than adequate via the quick keys.

In the long run it's better for people to learn to fight side by side with as little communication as possible.

VWS
Old 2012-07-01, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
AOI Knightmare
Corporal

Howdy,

As point said the first meeting went very well. We have all agreed that we will meet together once a month for the time being to keep up communications between interested outfits, though we also all agree that we must all have time to establish ourselves and learn prior to launching NCA. We are all committed in the meantime to working together to learn from one another and to grow ourselves into an NCA after launch.

With that said our next meeting will be held at the end of the month. I will announce a time and date soon.

thanks
Knightmare
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate