Gameplay: ZOMBIES - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There's the East side, west side; and now the Planet side. What's next?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-01-29, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
flukeman
Private

Lightbulb ZOMBIES

OK JUST for the month of october there should be zombies.
easy to kill but hard hitting zombies.
the empires would be forced to unite and so everyone counts as a friendly (i would love to see alliances between the empires build up yet in the back-ground we would still be trying to secure territory for the aftermath).

the amount of zombies that appear in the area would depend on how many kills happened there over the past year (the crown is gonna be fun).

the zombies would take over adjacent hexes and "infect them" this turns the hex black on the map no resorces can be gained from and more zombies start to spawn there. (until an empire reconquers it through capping it normally).
the aim of the empires would simply to survive.

i feel this would be very fun to do and it would break up the otherwise monotonous battles with desperate alliances. (just imagine a NC force being nearly overrun by the dead only for the to be saved by a TR battle cruiser and a Magrider column that were sent out to ensure the NC don't fail to defend the territory.
Old 2013-01-29, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: ZOMBIES

Yeah... no.
Old 2013-01-29, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Micro
Sergeant Major

No. Just no. NO!
Old 2013-01-29, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mordicant
Sergeant

No. Zombies are over done and lazy. Now rabid koalas with jetpacks and chainsaws.....
Old 2013-01-29, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
flukeman
Private

ok... fine. you could atleast have been constructive about it, maybe even talked about why it wont work, but no, just flat out reject it.
Old 2013-01-29, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mordicant
Sergeant

Okay, here is why I don't want it. This is a pure PvP game. Adding a PvE Element detracts from that. What happens when the TR help the NC defend? Or right not backslaps and hugs. More than likely the enemy forces would attack the NC and gank them while they are trying to stave of zombies.

The epic moments that I have experienced in the game and PS1 have all been player-crafted.
Old 2013-01-29, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mordicant View Post
The epic moments that I have experienced in the game and PS1 have all been player-crafted.
Not defending the idea, but this argument can't be used. Think hard about why you haven't experienced any epic moments that weren't player-crafted. They didn't exist. I only point this out since I've seen this line of reasoning on the main forums to shoot down proposed suggestions.
Old 2013-01-29, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mordicant
Sergeant

I am typing on my iPhone so maybe I didn't write my post clear.

What I am trying to say is that the epic moments are epic for me because they are totally unscripted in any way. I am not saying that epic moments couldn't be had. I have had fun doing boss fights in Other MMO but after the fourth,fifth, time those PVE fights grew stale. But the those games are designed for that type of play. PS2 is not, nor in my opinion should it be.

Essentially, I am saying that the PVP is enough. There is enough epic moments from player fights to not need to bring zombies or aliens or dragons or NS mercs into the mix.

Apart from that: one hex controlled by zombies, 30 libs. 2 minutes and done. Unless the zombies can fly.
Old 2013-01-29, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ColdCheese
Corporal

this thread yea because we all saw how well teamwork with your enemies in the name of mutual survival against zombies in a PvP game worked out in DayZ. Great concept on paper, if you ignore the part about most humans are inherently narcissistic by nature and only look out for themselves, compounded further by the anonymity of the net, what makes you think a zerg wont just roll in there and take everyone out for the free xp or have snipers and LA taking pot shots at all their enemies while completely ignoring the zombies that cant hurt them from their vantage points.

How about just keep it simple and offer zombie camo and masks for halloween, PS2 needs alot of work on meta game fixes before a gimmick like this should be implemented

Last edited by ColdCheese; 2013-01-29 at 07:14 PM.
Old 2013-01-30, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by flukeman View Post
ok... fine. you could atleast have been constructive about it, maybe even talked about why it wont work, but no, just flat out reject it.
Okay, I'll be a little more verbose about it:

Yeah... HELL no.
Old 2013-01-30, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by Mordicant View Post
Okay, here is why I don't want it. This is a pure PvP game.
This sums it up.
Old 2013-01-30, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Rothnang
Major

I personally like the idea of dangerous creatures or some kind of NPC controlled force that you need to fight off coming in every once in a while. Not for a whole month of course, but more in the context of weather. Just random natural events that have drastic effects on the battlefield, because that would keep the game interesting.

Instead of just going with stuff like rain they could have something like "swarms of killer rogue nanites" or "army of genocidal robots", "Random giant monster that got woken up" etc.

Like for example, what if underneath the desert of Indar there lived a giant sandworm type creature that just randomly comes up and starts swallowing tanks, and then to get rid of it you have to toss grenades in its mouth or something.

Maybe some days you get a migration of giant Pterodactyl type creatures that attack aircraft.

I personally wouldn't mind some things that remind you that you're on an alien planet. I mean, they don't have to be super on the nose about it, but this kind of stuff can be really exciting.

Then again, I'm one of those people that loved the first FarCry precisely because it went back and forth between having you fight soldiers in a military simulation and having you fight bullet dumpster monsters in an oldschool shooter type setting.
Old 2013-01-30, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Mordicant
Sergeant

Okay I'll concede, random meteorite strikes but only on the TR.
Old 2013-01-30, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Just no, with the amount of firepower a single soldier can out out with upgraded weapons, no zombie could with stand it. My anchor lmg with the soft nosed bullets or whatever they are is deadly to anything close up. I take down MAX units quickly when I find them. Granted I pop my shield and get pretty banged up in the process, but if an infantryman can take out a MAX, or remove over 3/4's health from it, then how is a zombie who can't shoot back going to threaten that firepower? There's just no good way to balance this without making things ridiculous. Furthermore, and perhaps more importantly, how would users' machines cope with it? Some folk have issues playing the game at decent framerates anyway, what do you think happens when you add a horde of undead in addition to the enemy platoon in the same area? Shit goes to hell fast.
Old 2013-01-30, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
GuyShep
Private

Last edited by GuyShep; 2013-01-30 at 04:06 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault