new planetside podcast here ya goooo - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Reality is the game, Planetside is the life
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-01, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: new planetside podcast here ya goooo

Great podcast, haha.

Best part:
TRay: "You're late."
Old 2012-05-01, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Miir
Malvision

Enjoyed the podcast. Great job guys.

I'll mirror the music comments. I found myself drawn to the music more than what you guys were saying at times. So turning it down low or removing it altogether when you are talking would be better.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-01, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Luperza
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

FINALLY! We've been waiting. I was getting concerned! <3
Old 2012-05-01, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Tricky
Contributor
Corporal

*Wonders if he was only one who paused the podcast and got a beverage when that came up*
Old 2012-05-01, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Stardouser View Post
yea, squad members should only be able to talk to each other, not their whole platoon or company. Squad leaders should be able to talk to all other squad leaders in the platoon or company, and to their own squads. I am not sure if a SL should be able to talk to the entire platoon or company.
Have you ever tried this? We have, using different teamspeak channels, it doesn't work. Rather, for 30 or less, it's best for all to be in the same channel.
Old 2012-05-01, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Stardouser
Colonel

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Have you ever tried this? We have, using different teamspeak channels, it doesn't work. Rather, for 30 or less, it's best for all to be in the same channel.
The idea would be that each squad leader is actually leading his squad. I don't know what difficulty you are citing, but if it's getting people into the right channel, that's the beauty of automatic in-game VOIP, it puts squads right into the correct channel instantly. This is why in-game voip(at least for standard channels like Squad) is always superior to external programs.
Old 2012-05-02, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
The Barn Cat
Private

hey i just want to thanks for all the comments the ones on the volume i hear you i didnt have my headphones so sorry its below par in some levels thanks again grognard for the comments we will probably do another on sometime soon if you have anything you want us to talk about please post!

Old 2012-05-02, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by The Barn Cat View Post
hey i just want to thanks for all the comments the ones on the volume i hear you i didnt have my headphones so sorry its below par in some levels thanks again grognard for the comments we will probably do another on sometime soon if you have anything you want us to talk about please post!
You are welcome, of course, and I do...

1. Given that a Liberator is, in my opinion, a sort of sky-tank, what are the pros and cons of using one or the other? Perhaps some demonstrative scenarios.

2. How can we, and the devs, but especially us... combat hackers, and habitual griefers... if we assume the premise that the devs will not be able to do it on their own.

3. Subscription models, and what should they include, or exclude, given that we need the game to make money, but be accessible and fun to the broadest playerbase.

4. The pros and cons of driver/gunner vs driver and gunner models, and its impact on gameplay.
a. How will it effect the over all number of vehicles in the field due to two players in each?
b. Effect on teamwork?
c. What targeting models as a single driver/gunner are out there like World of Tanks for single manned tanks?
d. How will the Mag work in the two manned version, given the gun placement?

5. Smoke... its uses and abuses, now that we know it is part of the game.
a. Who can use it?
b. Tactics to use it?
c. Use in other games vs PS2...

6. Bridge fights, and how they will differ from PS1.

7. The mission system, specifically who can accept them, and what conditions must exist for them to be written...
a. Does there need to be a tower close-by for a mission capable player to write one, or can you just write/start a mission for anything on the continent?
b. Does one have to be at a certain distance from a "goal" to accept, or is everything a "race" to finish?
c. Can missions be written with limited acceptees in mind (outfit only, etc.)?

8. Tactics for non-firing vehicular combat, such as Mag-mowing, Sundy-ramming, Quad-C4 tactics, kamakazi crashes, and many more.

9. Speculation on the VS MAX special (if unannounced).

10. Lighting, exterior, and interior. Many people talk about the night time effects being too dark or too bright... what about hacking lights completely off in buildings, etc?

Edit: Extra credit for controversy... MECHS & ARTILLERY!

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!

Last edited by Grognard; 2012-05-02 at 04:22 PM.
Old 2012-05-02, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Grognard View Post

10. Lighting, exterior, and interior. Many people talk about the night time effects being too dark or too bright... what about hacking lights completely off in buildings, etc?
I like! Having another use idependant of night would be cool; and put more value in that cert!

I also have seen a lot of night shots when it's a 'full moon' and looks like a dim day...I want to see how DARK it can get at night...For example headlights actually being useful when it's really dark would make more sense...They just look like ancillary details at night from what I've seen.

Either way, there should certainly be variation on how dark nights are based on weather and moon patterns (assuming that's in the game).

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Advertisements