A question about full update. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: All your base are... Oh forget it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-22, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
TeraHertz
Major

A question about full update.

Now that I've patched it keeps running FullUpdate, and as before it contuniues to continualy download 3dsounds.mp3
I had this problem before. It downloads the file, lets me play, then the next time i log in it runs fullupdate again and decided to fetch it again. Then one day, it stopped doing full update for no apparent reason and all was well apart from the ingame message to run fullupdate every so often.

I played perfectly well before without this file being perfect to the last bit. I don't care if it's not perfect to the last bit, and it doesn't give me an advantage by it not being perfect to the last bit. I just want to damn well play wihout having to download 200MB file every time i log in.

Does anyone know how to disable fullupdate? It seems to think that a couple of bits messed up will effect my game, which it doesn't.
Old 2003-11-22, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TeraHertz
Major

Ok let me give you all a hint, it has something to do with the hidden file patchcache.xml in the main direcotry I think. All I need is for someone with an intact version to paste the contents of that file for me. I'm no coder, so this is all theory.

Anyone want to help me give it a go?
Old 2003-11-22, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

never mind, I got it working.
Old 2003-11-22, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Hey, same thing happened to me a while back. And it was pretty damned annoying too. 3dSound is a 22 minute download for me. Sucks when everytime your game crashes to desktop you have to wait near on 40 minutes to play again. It just sort of went away after a few days. I /appealed it
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion