4th Empire - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who are you? Why are you here? And what the hell are you Doing?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-28, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
sutsurikeru
Private

4th Empire

They shouldve made a forth empire. Too many times have Ive seen the VS fighting the TR and the NC come in a bust up the party with thier Jackhammers and Vanguards. They shouldve made a 4th empire to keep the NC party breakers busy. Comments?
Old 2003-11-28, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rayder
General

Misc Info

No. An even number of empires results in a standoff. 3 empires is perfect.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rayder
No. An even number of empires results in a standoff. 3 empires is perfect.
I agree.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rayder
General

Misc Info

^ As will the devs.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Brigadier General

Misc Info

But then again what if two empires will join together to attack one? It is possible.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

u think this is the first time anyones mentioned this sus? anyways NO!

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-11-28, 12:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Empire hatin' gota love it.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by 321
But then again what if two empires will join together to attack one? It is possible.
Thats not a standoff.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rayder
Thats not a standoff.
Still true
Old 2003-11-28, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hexen
Sergeant

Three empires is fine.

If there were four, you'd have to place them at points forming a square. This would probably result in empires on far corners of the square rarely entering into conflict with eachother, though I guess that would depend on the way the continent layout is changed to accomodate the new empire.

Ontop of that, I really doubt the devs want to spend their time creating a whole slew of new models just for a new empire.

Anyway, I'd prefer they spend those work hours eliminating every common pool vehicle and weapon one by one, replacing them with empire-specific variations. That would be cool.
Old 2003-11-28, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, but think of what it would do game wise if SOE added a 4th empire later in the game, essentially a 4th empire emerges in this war, due to what ever curcumstances, say there are people in each empire who can no longer get along with their governments choices, and so they decide to go on their own, perhaps stealing technology as they flee, technology that was to have been introduced into the empire, yet was stolen, their scientists and data destroyed, so that the new empire will have it's own uniqueness to it. Story wise, it works. NOW, add the ability to the game of having your avatar DEFECT to the new empire, and ONLY the new empire. Once your choice is made, you can't go back. That would save you from having to start over, plus, gamewise it would keep things from being over, or under balanced. The new empire wouldn't essentially be new. It would be made up of defectors from TR, NC, and VS. A CR5/BR20 is as likely to become disturbed by it's government's viewpoints, as a CR0/BR4. And four empires wouldn't precisely end with a standoff. Try imagining four different empires contesting for one continent at the same time. A continent like Solsar would make war NUTS. Cramped. But things would be fun. Even a continent like Cyssor would be fun for four empires to fight over. Adding a fourth empire would merely change the dynamics of the game, not the style of fighting. This game might have been more interesting if it was simply a bunch of Countries fighting. Like modern day war. It would bring in the idea of allies. Much like Outfits do in PS. BUT, how many Outfits do you see betraying each other. I doubt SOE wanted to bring politics into this game, so let's not worry about it. But it is still entirely possible to ally with the enemy temporarily in this game. Not that it actually happens. BUT, it sometimes seems that way. A fourth empire would just make that seem worse. It might also make things more interesting. But this is all just conjecture. SOE didn't HAVE to make it 3 empires. It could have easily made it 5 empires. Stir the shit up harshly. But it would have been a great deal more work for them. 3 empires works, yes, but it does get annoying when your doing well on an invasion, only to have the 3rd empire out try to storm their way into things, simply because this is where the experiance is to be had. At the moment, experiance, hacks and kills is the only point of this game. Once you reach BR20/CR5 that point changes to being just hacks and kills, and that gets boring quick. It's like Core, where the only point is to grab modules. I don't even bother. If someone wants to grab them, fine, I don't mind having the addition. But if the nme wants to steal them, I don't even bother wasting my time recovering them. I might try to kill the carrier, but I won't bother picking it up again. If someone does, then that is that. If the timer runs out, so be it. Mods are just an annoyance. When Sanc strikes become implimented, then this game will have a point, but not before.
Old 2003-11-28, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hexen
Sergeant

1) If the new technology was stolen, then the new race should be more powerful.
2) If players have the choice to defect to the new empire, but not go back, then heaps of people might defect without a thought, population would go nuts.
3) Just because theres a new empire doesn't mean there will be more people, at all. Continents will not become more cramped, because the people in the new empire would have come from the other empires. All this will do is spread the empire populations more thin.
Old 2003-11-28, 01:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

First off: Flammy, use paragraphs please.

Secondly: Topics like this diserve to stay in the OF.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Sanc Strikes have been scraped.

Last edited by SandTrout; 2003-11-28 at 01:15 AM.
Old 2003-11-28, 01:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SandTrout
First off: Flammy, use paragraphs please.

Secondly: Topics like this diserve to stay in the OF.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Sanc Strikes have been scraped.

Negative. I do what I do for a reason. The lack of pharagraphs was meant to reflect the fact not to take what I wrote too seriously. Don't like it? Tough. And that answers point two as well. Don't take threads like these too seriously. They are just conjecture.

As for sanc strikes being scrapped, well that gives me even MORE reasons to yell and curse CR5's for their stupid global post of, "Oh, dear me. Our home land is in trouble. Everybody to Amerish/Oshur" *and everyone who doesn't know better leave, leaving the diehards who thought things were going well to be stomped to rat shit, when the invasion could have been successful.
Old 2003-11-28, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I'm not takeing them too seriousely, just slightly annoyed by it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion