Need new Keyboard/Mouse for PS2!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where fear of lakes is a very real thing.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-07-12, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Satch
Corporal

Need new Keyboard/Mouse for PS2!!

Hey guys, im looking to buy a new keyboard/mouse ready for beta but im really lost. anyone have any suggestions of what to buy please /_
Old 2012-07-12, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Roidster
Staff Sergeant

Re: Need new Keyboard/Mouse for PS2!!

Logitech G13 and G700,great game combo,the G700 is a wired and wireless mouse combo,you pull the usb plug off the front and its wireless,then if the battery starts to die,during a game,plug it back into the front and keep on gaming
Old 2012-07-12, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Policenaut
Sergeant

I've been using the Razer Naga and it's been pretty amazing so far. Probably better suited for MMOs with all the extra keys, but I've been playing a lot of FPS's recently and it's been incredible on those, also. A bit pricey though.
Old 2012-07-12, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Antivide
Corporal

Don't listen to these fools, the Logitech G9x is all you need.

I'm on my second one, my first lasting me about 5 years. Simple, elegant, and the best damn laser this side of laser city.

For a keyboard I would recommend any mechanical keyboard. Any simple one will do. Get one without a "10 key" numpad (the numpad on the right side for normal keyboards). This is personal preference. The extra space you get is worth it.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Buy a Cherry Keyboard , they are Cheap, Quality is Good, and last for 20 Years.

If you got Big hands Buy a Steelseries XAI or Sensei , with smaller Hands Take one of Those Logitech Mouses.

I would not buy Razor, i had Razor Mices 3, Different Types, you drop them one Time and you can throw them Away, also they are Expensive and low Quality.
Cable form the Mouse had also a loose Contact. I dont buy Razor Anymore.

http://www.amazon.de/Cherry-Cymotion.../dp/B000777JNM this is my Keyboard i bought 2004 everything is still fine it was about 30€ that time.
Old 2012-07-13, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Many members of our clan, including myself, favour the Logitech MX518. It is very accurate and had adjustable DPI along with a decent amount of programmable buttons. Avoid it if you are left handed or have small hands however.

In terms of keyboards do you want mechanical or rubber domed switches? Or put another way, how much are you looking to spend?
Old 2012-07-13, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MCYRook
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rago View Post
I dont buy Razor Anymore.
Same here, I had a... was it a Diamondback? Something like that, it broke on me after about a year, and I didn't find it all that superb either.

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Many members of our clan, including myself, favour the Logitech MX518.
Me too! We are so alike!!!
Old 2012-07-13, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Same here, I had a... was it a Diamondback? Something like that, it broke on me after about a year, and I didn't find it all that superb either.

Me too! We are so alike!!!
Much . Although we were discussing this in whatsapp today - I reckon at least half the Outfit has an mx518 (probably because I they're so used to following me ) so I guess it's officially DT's mouse of choice!

I've actually just ordered a brand new keyboard today; Corsair Vengeance K90:
Old 2012-07-13, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vancha
Colonel

Get a Quickfire Rapid if you haven't had a mechanical before. It may be ugly (or not, depending on your tastes), but Costar is the OEM and they're generally regarded as the best for mechanical keyboards. the quality-to-price ratio is off the charts, considering you're basically buying a Filco keyboard without the branding (check the prices of those and you can see why it's a nice deal). Make sure you read up on the various switch types and decide which you want (Cherry MX Red/Black/Brown/Blue).

If you're in the UK you'll have to wait 'til August for an ISO layout though (currently pre-orderable at Scan).

Mouse-wise, the most popular ones currently seem to be the Logitech G400 (an evolved MX518), the Razer Deathadder Black Edition (or the 3G V2 version, if you can tell you're getting that one specifically) and any of the Zowie mice.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if you use a fingertip grip then the CM Spawn is a possibility as well. Apparently the scroll wheel feels a little cheap, but otherwise it's supposedly great.

I've actually just ordered a brand new keyboard today; Corsair Vengeance K90:
Rubber domes.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-07-13 at 04:36 PM.
Old 2012-07-13, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by MCYRook View Post
Bevore that i had Logitech mices.
I Got a Viper and 2 Diamonbacks, as i think, at that Time.

After That i Bought a Logitech G5 ? maybe that was a Stable mouse, its still Functional on my Girls Laptop.

I really like my Sensei, but usually i would not Buy something so Expensive.
Old 2012-07-13, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Get a mechanical keyboard. At the very least read up on the different colored switches and if possible try out the different ones until you find the ones that suit you the best.
Here's a guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Get a Quickfire Rapid if you haven't had a mechanical before. It may be ugly (or not, depending on your tastes), but Costar is the OEM and they're generally regarded as the best for mechanical keyboards. the quality-to-price ratio is off the charts, considering you're basically buying a Filco keyboard without the branding (check the prices of those and you can see why it's a nice deal). Make sure you read up on the various switch types and decide which you want (Cherry MX Red/Black/Brown/Blue).

If you're in the UK you'll have to wait 'til August for an ISO layout though (currently pre-orderable at Scan).

Mouse-wise, the most popular ones currently seem to be the Logitech G400 (an evolved MX518), the Razer Deathadder Black Edition (or the 3G V2 version, if you can tell you're getting that one specifically) and any of the Zowie mice.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if you use a fingertip grip then the CM Spawn is a possibility as well. Apparently the scroll wheel feels a little cheap, but otherwise it's supposedly great.

Rubber domes.
Finally, an expert! You know the Quickfire Rapid is my fallback if I don't like the K90... Regarding the rubber domes however, I really don't think that'll be an issue for me. I like the wrist rest, the 20 key rollover and the build quality.

Regarding switches, the k90 had red. The rapid can have either but in the UK usually comes with black. What would be your preference for FPS gaming (don't say blue)!
Old 2012-07-13, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Antivide
Corporal

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Get a mechanical keyboard. At the very least read up on the different colored switches and if possible try out the different ones until you find the ones that suit you the best.
Here's a guide: http://www.overclock.net/t/491752/me...keyboard-guide
Pretty much this.

Not playing with a mechanical keyboard is literally gimping yourself.

Plus, mechanical keyboards last forever. Almost all of them are built like tanks.
Old 2012-07-14, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zulthus
Colonel

'Tis all I need. I like the sound/click of mechanical keyboards but it does not impact my gaming at all whether I use mechanical or otherwise.
Old 2012-07-15, 09:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Vancha
Colonel

Regarding switches, the k90 had red. The rapid can have either but in the UK usually comes with black. What would be your preference for FPS gaming (don't say blue)!
Blue!

No...I haven't had the opportunity to develop a preference for any of them for FPS gaming, but I plan on getting the ISO Quickfire with reds or blacks. I can't quite decide which to go for, but I'm leaning towards reds.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge