Former Player looking for a bit of guidance - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ph34r the shoutcast delay
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-10-26, 02:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
xrcon
Private

Former Player looking for a bit of guidance

Sup all,

1) Well its plain and simple is the game worth coming back to?

2) Do I need to get the new expansion or can it be downloaded from a patch?

3) I was reading about the BFR campaign and noticed cheating going and that really gives me a bitter taste. I can't stand a game where people need cheat to win. So what's the deal with it, anything to worry about?

A little background as to why I left. Simple it got boring very quickly after about a month. I moved up very quick, then got an invite to play SWG beta and had been playing SWG until recently with JTL and getting the beta invite to it as well. A major issue for me occurred when a bug from way back in SWG beta showed its ugly head. Well I contacted support and after 2 weeks of no response I called it quits. Its been 3 weeks and counting and my subscriptions end 11/4. So to me its good ridance.

However trying to play another SOE game scares me as I really am starting to dislike SOE. I can not for the life of me believe that this is run by Sony. Sony is like Toyota and this outfit is run like GM.

So let me know. Specifically on questions 1 & 2.

Thanks

Last edited by xrcon; 2004-10-26 at 02:27 AM.
Old 2004-10-26, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

Welcome Back first of all

1. I Feel that the game will be at a high point very soon, BRF's are meh ok IMO but thats just me.

2. New expansion? No i think you mean Aftershock which is just SOE trying to get your money. If you have the orginal game and CC then you have no need to get aftershock. (aftershock a combo of the orignal game and cc all in one box)

3. It was in the monoshiznet campain that there was so called cheating, i was not on the server where it happend so i really cant say. But i can say come to Markov and join NC! we won fair and square.

I'm sure other people are going to follow up on this and probaly go into detail alot more then me but i hope that helped
Old 2004-10-26, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Wish I could say from first hand experience.

I'm one of those crazies who STILL has a paying account open,
even if I keep myself from playing because of college demands.

One thing I've noticed with PS is that things are getting better in terms of balance.
For instance, the Beamer does NOT suck.

BFR's announced today, will cost 6 certs, making it impossible to have both
MA,HA,AV,Eng,Med,Rexo and BFR

Also small things like a call for buffing the Sunder, followed up the next DAY with a moderate buff on the test server.

Just recently with the launch of the BigFsckingRobots, they had a big old event. Sure people complained about population locks, but all told it looked like they revived some of that viceral Massiveness back in to PlanetSide.

This new Developer, SamHayne, has just been working some wonders.

If you want to give it a try Free of charge. Just get a Key from here, and if you need an installer, get it here.

Enjoy
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion