Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: giving new meaning to "Bangbus" since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-14, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

Everyone covered the big ones so I'll add a nice one to have. Get rid of all the extra screens for the loadouts. That seems to be the general direction already. When I click on the grenade button just make a quick overlay so 2 clicks to change grenade type. If I click on an attachment on a weapon do the same thing. If I click on the weapon just show all the weapons with a scrollbar right there. You can get rid of the whole cert menu this way. Having little galleries for the appearance items would work also without a separate screen. Just hovering over them should show the difference as we scroll through the choices. Basically minimize the number of clicks to do anything down to 2 or even 1 would greatly increase the usability of the UI.

Also T-Ray said we'd be able to use both Lumifiber and Fins on the Liberator (up to 4 misc items). That would be really nice to see.

Last edited by Sirisian; 2013-05-14 at 11:37 PM.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
AThreatToYou
Major

Also I can't use chassis lights and spiked tires on my flash at the same time. fix plz
Old 2013-05-14, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Mordelicius
Major

Unreportable Hacking - where hacker names can't be seen. We can't use /report unless there is a NAME. How can we even follow up with a ticket if we dont' even know the name.
- Glitching Sunderer into SCU Room(who is the owner of the Sunderer?)
- Sabotaging SCU underground (who is doing it?)
- Sabotaging Generators underground (who is doing it?)
- Shooting vehicles from under ground (who is doing it?)
- Is there a system in place that alerts the GM if there are players are under the map? There are some players are even hard to find overground such as using teleport and glitching through terrain.
- Hacked turrets that can't be rehacked and name of infiltrator inside doesn't display.

Sunderer/Vehicle/Mine/Turret Name/Kill Tag
-
- Enemy alts putting Sunderers in bad spots so the next Sunderer spot available will be in line of sight of a target base. Denial of area tactic. (So we know who's doing it).
- Enemy alts putting Sunderer on bad spot such as the side of a steep hill so players can't go back up, hence trapped.
- Enemy alts blowing up friendly Sunderer. Player X blows your Sunderer.
- Who is blowing up friendly mines? X player blows up your mine.
- Who is putting Mana Turrets on doorways, entrance to towers, landing pads etc to block/hinder/grief players, vehicles.
- Who is blowing up your AV/AI/AA base turret if you're not inside. Liberators that are too high/far away to even render. Long ranged aimbots as well.

Team Killing (griefing, alts) - Team kiling and griefing. Yes, hacking is making a gradual comeback, but Tking is now the main player problem.
- Log in to alt and drop Mines all over the Spawn. (They shouldn't be deployeable in spawn room while shield is up).
- Players and GMs need better options to deal with these players. They use abusive exploits to grief and turn the tide of battles.

More Minimap Icons

- Which Turret needs repair? Engineers have to circle the whole Amp station to find the broken turret?
- Which Turret is hacked? Infiltrators have to circle the Amp Station to find a hacked turret?
- Minimap repaired Generators/SCU still not updating in real time unless you reopen/close the map (M) then it updates.

Misc. -
- The elevator arrows are still giving the wrong direction.
- No victory rewards to players who switch faction during alerts (In short a 2-hour alert reward cooldown ONLY when an alert is in progress). This is destroying the population balance and faction idenfication in this game.
- Bring back the specific redeploy/instant action at a cost of resources. Example, if players want to go to a Biolab, players can redeploy by paying infantry resource points. The more often this option is used, the more resource points are charged. As I've mentioned before, the new random instant action broke the flow of large battle (it's rarer nowadays) especially in absent of predictable pathways (Rush Lanes system). I think it will be restored when the lattice system is installed but a good gameplay option won't hurt.

Basically, have the normal redeployment points available for free (as it is right now) but in further areas, they would cost resources more and more (distance/cost gradient).

- Helmets need lore friendly descriptions. The guns have an immersive, lore friendly descriptions, but the Helmets do not (except maybe for the skull ones). Instead, the Helmet descriptions are bubbling with sarcastic undertones.
- I put down two proximity mines. I go back to the infantry terminal. I have to click resupply, go out of the terminal screen the click again before + key on my proximity mines are ungreyed out. If I don't the + key is greyed out.
- Hacked terminals/turret is destroyed can't be repaired again by original base owner.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I'd like the MBT bug fixed. The one that has the driver gunning the primary turret.
Indeed, we've had that one since Beta...
Old 2013-05-14, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
ComerEste
Corporal

A lot of mine have already been mentioned, but the ones that haven't been yet.

- Liberator landing gear sometimes get stuck in the down position and gets in the way of my belly guns line of sight on his screen, but on my screen it's not down. I have to quickly land and take off again for it to be up on both of our screens.

- Striker bug where even after using Flares/IR Smoke, it acts like it only gets rid of the first rocket while the other 4 hit me. Sometimes happens even when I don't use Flares/IR Smoke, but put a buildings or hill between me and the Striker and the rockets will still hit me.

- Phoenix "issue". When I die the missile just disappears or does no dmg. I agree that if I die then I lose control of my missile, but If i was just about to hit my target and I die, the missile should've continued on dumbfire and possibly hit the target.

- Lancer "issue". Because of render distances, lots of times I get hit my Lancers I don't see the laser beam so I can't trace it back to its source to try and kill them.

- Pump action "issue". While the debate on these is huge and I know it won't be a simple fix. I personally would've rather you guys nerfed the semi-auto/full auto shotguns to where it takes 5-6 shots to kill someone and gave the 2-3 shot capability to the pump actions. There are already plenty of things in this game that can one shot infantry, we really didn't need another one.

- I know it might be too late to do anything about it, but it really sucks how you guys shot yourselves in the foot by having so many guns in at launch. Too many of them are similar to others, while some are strait upgrades. I only play NC but some examples include:
1. LA1 Anchor is a strait upgrade from the GD-22S as all the stats are the same except the Anchor has higher RPM and Muzzle Velocity. The only thing the GD-22S has over the Anchor is around .2 faster reload which is not a big enough difference to warrant using the GD-22S over the Anchor. The only reason I ever used the GD-22S was because of its unique model was so different than the other NC LMG's.
2. I used to love the Sweeper but after you guys have done a couple balance passes, it is now the worst of the NC shotguns. I no longer use it, which sucks because I am 400 kills away from an Auraxium medal in it. When it came down to the decision making process of which shot gun to use, I chose the Piston because all 3 shots guns take the exact same amount of shots to kill someone and at least the Piston has the option of being full auto should the need arise.

- Finally, the Player Studio cannot come soon enough. I am at the point to where I will no longer be spending SC on anything other than cosmetics. If I can buy it with certs I will save up for it. Simply tired of spending money on things that can completely change from patch to patch.
Old 2013-05-14, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
TGxCraig
Corporal

- Replace the drop-down list for loadouts with 3 loadout buttons.

- Improved performance/more consistent performance. This is easily the biggest issue. At certain bases/fights, I can only face one direction or else my framerate drops to a very undesirable amount. My GPU, CPU and internet speed are all high-end and top notch, driver updated, and UserSettings file done to maximize the framerate, but it still suffers based on the battle. Looking one direction and getting 100+ fps and then turning a bit and getting sub-40 to low 30 fps really sucks.

- Gifting SC. There are a bunch of poor college guys in my clan, I'd love to be able to get them some better stuff without having to mail them SC cards.

- I've seen them in the test server, the ADS slider and ability to have the Territory Controlled, Enemy Activity, and Ally Activity filters all on at the same time, so bring them in as soon as you can.

- Not sure if for here, but adding in the ability to detach and reattach the suppressor could be cool. Add in a fairly lengthy animation to make the player somewhat vulnerable and perhaps add in a screwing/squeaking sound so that they must do it way in advance and not right next to enemies without alerting them.

- Darker nights/longer nights/more dynamic nights (sometimes they are darker than normal, sometimes they are how they are now).
Old 2013-05-15, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Tuhljin
Private

My biggest gripe about the game involves faction population imbalance (tried to link to your Twitter message about this and my replies, but it embeds the tweet on the page which I don't want -- just see the replies to your tweet; you know which one), but I don't think it qualifies as a "quality of life" suggestion on the order of what you're asking for here.

My quality of life suggestions, roughly in order of most importance to me:
  • Make the color for Charlie squad something that doesn't conflict with anything else in the color scheme, which means no to purple (which is, of course, the VS's faction color). Configurable squad colors would be even better, but still, Charlie's default color shouldn't be purple or some other conflicting color.

• Stop Redeploy from automatically selecting a new location, or at least give us an option that prevents this. It should always use the last location I spawned from. If that location doesn't exist (including if it existed a moment ago but now doesn't - sunderer mobilized/destroyed or facility lost while I was looking at the redeploy map), then it should select "nothing", forcing me to choose a new place. (No more accidentally spawning at the wrong base or blowing a spawn beacon timer after I chose where I really wanted to go!)

• Platoon and squad leaders need to be able to ban trolls from a squad/platoon.

• A better way to decide who inherits leadership positions in a squad/platoon -- especially a platoon. Just because the platoon is open to the public doesn't mean it isn't outfit-run. Some fancy but easy-and-quick-to-use configuration would be nice, but the simple solution seems to be this: If the platoon leader disconnects, it should pass off leadership to a squad leader and should prefer a squad leader who is a member of the same outfit, if possible. If a squad leader disconnects, it should - when possible - pass off leadership to a member of that squad who is in the same outfit as the platoon leader or, if the squad isn't part of a platoon, then the same outfit as the squad leader.

• We need an easier way to mute people who are talking that won't accidentally mute the wrong person because they start talking when you hit a key. We also need an easier way to mute people who were talking a moment ago but aren't now. For the former, a very quick method is desired. For the latter, an improvement to the current interface reached from Social/Voice is needed.

• A proper, persistent ignore list (for both muting and text chat) we can manage.

• Drop pod consistency: Are we supposed to be able to move it quite a bit, or not? Sometimes when you're falling, you have virtually no control. Sometimes, you have a lot. It should always be the same. (Maybe this was fixed when that spinning bug was introduced; I'm not sure but it wasn't in the patch notes.)

• Keybinds for things you have to right-click on the Map to do. For instance, place your cursor over a spot on the map, hit a single key you've bound, and bam - a waypoint is at that spot! Maybe require two actions: Right-click or press a bound key to open the popup menu, then press another key to select one of the options there. Y'know, like how Windows does it. This'd be very helpful, especially to people who have lots of options in that menu.

• GUI keybinding consistency: If I hit "M", the Map should open. Yes, even if I'm currently looking at the Platoon/Squad page, or the Notifications page, or the Store, etc. Same deal with other keybindings of that nature. ("P" for Platoon/Squad page, etc.)

• ALL sections in the "Escape" menu (Profile, Map, Class, Vehicle, etc.) should be key-bindable. (I particularly want an easier way to check on my cooldowns.)

• I'd love it if vehicle collision damage was looked at. It seems to be way too easy to be killed by friendly vehicles bumping into you or your vehicle (especially flashes). Also, there is an inconsistency when it comes to ESFs ramming into each other. Two full-health ESFs ramming head on don't take the same damage, even to the point where a scythe might take little to no damage while the mosquito or reaver is destroyed. This can be aggravating.

• A new "Combat Log" chat tab (or choose a better name for it) with better XP breakdown. (Could be implemented as part of the next item I list below.) It would list kills, deaths, and XP gains. The experience gains listed in the log should say what they're for, making it easier to tell what's earning this experience. To prevent it from being too spammy and help people add things up to a nice total number, it could group certain types together and insert it into the log only after you stop getting experience of that type for a little while -- e.g. repairing a vehicle may result in only a single line saying how much experience you got total instead of numerous lines for each tick. Not only would this help you see who killed you and all that (without anything else cluttering the chat tab), but it will help with SOE's goal of making XP gains more transparent.

• Show vehicle icons on Platoon/Squad screen for characters that are currently in a vehicle. (Use a different icon for each vehicle type, of course.) If they are the owner/driver of the vehicle, put an icon indicating that in its corner (maybe a steering wheel?) or use a differently colored outlined so you can tell the difference between a driver and a passenger/gunner. The vehicle icons could use the same color scheme as the minimap does so you can tell if they're in a platoon/squad vehicle (bonus points if you can mouseover it to see who its owner is, extra bonus points if the tooltip shows the squad indicator -- e.g. a black circle with the number 4 for delta 4 -- and the name).

• Show class icons of characters that are currently in a vehicle with you next to where their names are displayed on the right-hand side of the screen.

• More chat tabs and options. I want a tab that shows everything except yells (where most of the trolling is). I'd settle for something that just hides yells, but it'd be better if I can switch to a tab that has them in case I want to look at past yells for some reason. (The ideal solution is something similar to World of Warcraft's configurable chat windows where you can create more and can decide what type of message goes in each.)

• Weapon selection: Make pistol vs primary more consistent, or give players the option to make it this way... so I can configure a key to select my pistol without needing a different key when I've got an underbarrel attachment like the grenade launcher.

• "E" to enter sunderer vs access terminal -- it often does the wrong one. Getting yourself lined up perfectly is annoying enough, but sometimes you ARE aligned perfectly and it STILL does the wrong action. This results in things like accessing the class screen when some guy is shooting at you instead of hopping in a turret to shoot at him (likely ending in your death), or you not switching to engineer to repair the sunderer (resulting in you dying as the sunderer explodes after taking damage you might have prevented/mitigated). These could optionally have different keys!

Edit: Oh, also a faster/easier method instead of dropdown menus for choosing class loadouts, plus allowing more loadouts! This should be near the top of my list.

Last edited by Tuhljin; 2013-05-15 at 12:30 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
LordShockTitan
Private

I would say to combine all servers in the US, EU and AU (even though AU only has one). The reason is because I feel like the battles during non prime time hours are extremely small. I feel like if you were to only have three servers for each country, then there would be massive battles even at 3 in the morning! Though I doubt this will ever happen, because of lag issues and one faction being at 70% pop all the time, it would be nice to have this.

Another one would be to stop tracking deaths, but keep tracking kills. This is because K/D influences camping and hacking, and if you at least remove the death part of K/D, then I guarantee you that camping and hacking would not be a issue.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
AThreatToYou
Major

I'd also like to advocate removal of death tracking.

Also, players are not awarded XP for assisting players in kills by healing, repairing, or resupplying them. I think this should be added into the game (as it was in planetside 1). That way players would be rewarded more by assisting players who do good after being assisted. You could just provide a 0-1-2-4 point bonus on players who are of the Recently spawned-Normal-High-Extreme threat status on your empire.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-15 at 12:31 AM.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Timealude
Captain

My biggest grip is having to manually uncloak to fire my weapons as an infiltrator as well as the rendering thing on mattherson, I know there have been some improvement towards it but we still dont load half the people when a big force shows up.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks for doing this, Matt. I tweeted you earlier but here's my short list in a slightly longer format:

Wish List:

- Custom color options for the map that can be changed separately from facilities/objectives/terminals on the HUD
- Empire-specific equivalents/bundles for account level unlocks
- Server transfers
- Recertification tokens

Fixes:

- Corpse collision. Currently the feet of corpses block movement and occasionally absorb bullets.
- Toggle Zoom. As is the standard for this feature, it should cancel on reloading, sprinting, using utility items, etc. It is especially frustrating to right-click to place C4, then switch back to a gun and have it automatically ADS you. The toggle feature just needs to be canceled by many actions.
- Performance improvements with regard to severe frame drops during explosions on top of your character (rocket spam triggers this easily -- drop from 90 to 10 FPS while being spammed).
- Server improvements with regard to massive lag/delay/desync in high density/poplocked areas that cause medkits and other activated abilities/consumables to malfunction and throw off hit registration, etc.

Old 2013-05-15, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Sunrock
Major

My most annoying exploit in this game is when players spam left right movement keys very fast to brake the hit box so they become immortal for a few sec. This has to be fixed yesterday.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I'd also like to advocate removal of death tracking.

Also, players are not awarded XP for assisting players in kills by healing, repairing, or resupplying them. I think this should be added into the game (as it was in planetside 1). That way players would be rewarded more by assisting players who do good after being assisted. You could just provide a 0-1-2-4 point bonus on players who are of the Recently spawned-Normal-High-Extreme threat status on your empire.
K/D is not the only stats in this game. Healing and repairing have there own stats that you can display. If you only look at K/D you're a retarded n00b idiot.

And no I think the exp reward healing and repairing is ok as it is. XP for resing might be a bit high compared to healing so maybe bring that up a bit.

But I don't want to get penalized for taking a risk resurrecting a random player by getting less exp if he is not one of the top 10 kill hoes of the server. Yes you say bonus but maxemize exp gain is the norm so getting less exp then max is a penalty.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
ZenosArrow
Private

Fix the infiltrator cloak please.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
RSphil
Contributor
Major

ESF undercarriage getting stuck in down position is an annoying bug.
the screen flash that has returned.

make the joint camo selection like the normal selection. scrolling through all the camos you have to find the one you want is a pain.

in the preview section for armor, helmets can we have a night and day toggle please? id like to see how helmets ect look in the dark.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion