News: Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its not how big, but how you use it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-03, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Re: Balance Pass Post 1: Vehicle Weapons and the Harasser

This isn't rocket science.

There have been some serious imbalance issues for way, waaaaaay too many months.

Quick changes that would bring the game into a better balance CAN BE MADE... without impacting whatever longer term specs some gameplay/balance theorist has.

ex. Remove the speed boost from ZOE. Is that the perfect move? I don't know. Is ZOE still OP? Is ZOE now a little UP? Whatever it is... I can guarantee it's a lot closer to balance than we have now.

^A few "clicks of the mouse" is probably all that would take.
Old 2013-11-04, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
If by that you mean about a squad's worth (8-10). Of course that's for instakilling MBTs (not from the rear), half as many would be able to seriously damage MBTs.
No, i ment platoon worth. Anyways, point is why bother when with any other weapon 3-4 guys will have the same effect..?

Meh.. let's agree to disagree and not derail the thread, ok?
Old 2013-11-04, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Blynd
First Sergeant

The lancer and pheonox are not balanced with the striker. The striker allows a single player to take out an mbt or esf with just having to maintain lock/once locked they all hit buggyness. But as you point out a squad of lancers are needed to achieve the same result ergo not effective at all infact I'd rather use my hades then my lancer.
Old 2013-11-04, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
typhaon
Sergeant Major

^A lot of people make the mistake of comparing unlike things.

Lancer, Phoenix, and Striker... while they are all ESRL - are clearly not designed for the same roles. Striker is basically another option for the Annihilator and 2 Lock-ons. Phoenix fills kind of an unknown role... it's good for hitting hidden tanks and sundies if you are near to them and able to remain hidden for 5 or 6 seconds per shot... Lancer is great for long-range, no warning, no defense, easy hit, group instakill on enemy vehicles.

Jackhammer, Lasher, and MCG... again, while all are ESHW - they are all clearly designed to do different things. JH is a shotgun. MCG is a LMG. Similar to the Lancer, the Lasher fills a role the other factions don't have... so it's hard to make a comparison.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion