Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be better? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Can't you smell that!?!?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Implementing Eve Style Factions?
Only use Eve Style Factions: 2 2.04%
Only use traditional Planetside Style Factions: 92 93.88%
Use Both 'Side by Side': 4 4.08%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-08-04, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sifer2
Major

Re: Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be bet

What's funny is if you go to any MMO forum where they only have 2 factions. Everything the OP listed as a Con is actually considered a Pro. The ability of the 2 factions to gang up on an stop the progress of 1 is actually a good thing. It halts the Zerg which if left unchecked can kill a PvP MMO dead. It's no fun to have the other side doing so good they dominated the world an you have no chance to push them back. With another side out there to help it can be done though.

As for Eve style factions i'm going to vote no on that. That would only make the game more stupid an chaotic. Good luck holding anything when most of your Outfit has to log off. In fact good luck playing the game at ALL when most of your Outfit has logged off. Since what your describing is basically Outfit vs all other Outfits.

Personally I think Planetside was the best attempt at MMOFPS an got many things right. The 3 factions being one of them.
Old 2011-08-04, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Re: Is nobody else depressed about having 3 factions again? Wouldn't 0, 2,or 4 be bet

3 is fine. I don't even know what a 4th would do. Vanu are already the odd man out with weaponry that focuses on utility/adaptability, whatever that may mean all things considered.
Old 2011-08-04, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
MayorMcCheese
Private

Does anybody else find it funny that the poll 100% contradicts the original post in this thread???

I'm pretty sure the entire point of Planetside is to have a huge endless war. That's why I enjoy it. It's extremely hard to lock an empire out of all continents, but it has been done. This is the closest thing to a victory in this game. Even so, the game does not end and nobody truly wins, the war is basically an unwinnable war that goes on as long as the servers are up.

Basti laid it out pretty good and this thread is already pretty long so I don't have much else to say.
Old 2011-08-04, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
SKYeXile
Major General

wtf, is this thread a joke?

Everybody wants a massive pvp game wants 3 factions of FFA, has anybody played WAR or Aion...BORING.

IMO i prefere 3 factions rather than FFA then zergfits cant easily rule the world.
Old 2011-08-04, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
MockZero2
Private

The main thing you say is it sux to see all your hard work and progress easily taken from you. Well it would be no different with 2/4/5/6/7/+++ factions because your hard work would eventually be taken anyway. With even factions it would just happen a lot slower because there would be even more stalemates. I don't know about you but I don't want to be stuck on the same continent for a week, or the same clump of bases for that matter. You have to have that odd number of factions for that wild card factor to keep things changed up. Maybe 5 could be cool but even then you have to create everything needed for 5 different factions. They create a very different feel and way of playing for every faction and I LOVE THIS about Planetside. Don't double their work so that it will be 3 years from now until we get to play the game!!!

3 factions for the win!!!!!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-08-04, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

The history of why there isn't a 4th empire is interesting. Reasoning makes sense.

Poll is hilarious. Entire community seems quite solid on this one, hah!
Old 2011-08-04, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

Guess I'm one of the few people that hate 3 factions in PS1. It wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of win condition, but every time you get in a good fight, the 3rd empires comes in and ruins the fun. On the other hand, a 3-side FPS game is unique to PS, so I can see why it was left as is.

BTW- Have no idea what things are like in EVE, so hard to vote.
Old 2011-08-04, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
Guess I'm one of the few people that hate 3 factions in PS1. It wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of win condition, but every time you get in a good fight, the 3rd empires comes in and ruins the fun. On the other hand, a 3-side FPS game is unique to PS, so I can see why it was left as is.

BTW- Have no idea what things are like in EVE, so hard to vote.
can you imagine the alternatve?

TR 75% pop all the time, 25% NC...how fun would 2 factions be?

as for EVE, its FFA, you make your own guild or alliance, imo its not fun for new players to quickly get into like SOE plans for PS1, since you can have alliances of sevreral thousand people and if you're not apart of them you really can experience PvP to its full potential.
Old 2011-08-04, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

The three faction system rocks and here is why:

With zero, you can't have much fun.

With one, well autoeroticism isn't as much fun as it sounds.

With two, not exotic enough and no surprises after awhile.

With three, you have perfection, a Faction Trifecta.

With four, you just have a double date mixed in with swinging. As in, not as fun as three. (Doesn't that just blow your mind?)

Five or more is just an orgy.

Old 2011-08-04, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Five or more is just an orgy.
Its only an orgy if all 5 mix it up, when all 4 hit the other 1 its considered a gang bang.
Old 2011-08-04, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well, the one will always consider it a gang bang if there are more than two others even in the same room. They could be playing XBOX or something and it wouldn't make a difference.

Old 2011-08-04, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Valdae
Sergeant

hilarious poll results.
Old 2011-08-04, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Krowe
Sergeant

I have to say that I would like certain areas where outfits (from all factions, vs outfits from even the same faction) can fight and take over, and their outfit gains some kind of bonus for holding them.

However, it is extremely late into development so I don't expect anything.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
Senyu
First Lieutenant

You do reliaze that its balanced with the 3 system? When one gets to big the other 2 take them down. It prevents one from owning all which is not the point of the game.
Old 2011-08-05, 12:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

PS1: 2 empires fight. 3rd comes in for a back hack and knocks one out only to have the one they didn't pick clean -them- out in the process.

I don't blame that on 3 empires. I blame that on a lack of objectives and global front lines. Hoping PS2 won't have that problem and, by the sounds of it, dev is doing what they can to make sure it doesn't happen again.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion