I can't imagine many people read these but anyway... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where the weather forecast is never wrong
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-22, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Knotz
Sergeant

I can't imagine many people read these but anyway...

Hi, I'm Knotz. I play Terran Republic... well not really, not yet... I WILL play Terran Republic either in Beta, or if I don't get a key, then I'll be TR in the full game.

I'm not in an outfit, and to be honest I don't want to join one until after I've played the game... so please no "join my outfit" mails, thank you but no thanks...

I do want to be a team player, most likely going to be playing LA (for flying) HA, Max and Inf (I've never been a good engineer or medic in any game I've ever played)

I like military style tactics... like I really hope there is some god communication in this game, and if I do join an outfit, then it will have to be one with a rigid command structure, and who's members follow the orders of their superiors.. that would be sweet.

My friend plays Vanu, so I'm looking forward to killing Barney's quite a lot but blue also looks really good when burning so who knows, I'll probably just jump into the most interesting fight.

Anyway, if you bothered to read this, hi and thanks.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Welcome to PSU!

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-06-22, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Knotz
Sergeant

Re: I can't imagine many people read these but anyway...

Thanks
Old 2012-06-22, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Hello!
Old 2012-06-22, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #5

Welcome!
Old 2012-06-22, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Radaeron
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Knotz View Post
I'm not in an outfit, and to be honest I don't want to join one until after I've played the game... so please no "join my outfit" mails, thank you but no thanks...

I think anyone who does recruit en masse before then is making a potentially massive blunder anyway!

Thumbs up for playing TR anyway

And welcome!
Old 2012-06-22, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

I read them! Welcome!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-22, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Knotz
Sergeant

Well I am pleasantly surprised I was expecting no responses but yeah seems this community is far better than those I've previously been a part of

Question, anyone know where I can go to get a signiture done? I am absolutely pathetic at Photoshop/GIMP but still want something cool, any ideas? :3
Old 2012-06-22, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Aldman
Second Lieutenant

Hmm... I think that we've all had to beg and plead for our sigs from friends
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-22, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Lots of people read these! Welcome!
Old 2012-06-22, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Need a sig? I am at your service. What do you want?
Old 2012-06-22, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Welcome, here is a link to some really cool sigs

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42702

ZeroArmada does awesome work and a lot of guys are using his sigs. You seem like a nice guy,to bad I will have to kill you when we get in game.
NC4LIFE
Old 2012-06-22, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Yeah, if you want one of the ones ZeroArmada made, I can probably personalize one of them for you.
Old 2012-06-22, 09:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Missundaztood
Corporal

If your looking for a tactical fight, your right in thinking an outfit will help you achieve this.

You'll find most outfits in Planetside have a command structure that everyone tends to follow or your booted out of it! Orders are generally followed too. I'm sure there will be a huge number of noobie outfits when PS2 launches but on the other hand the Planetside 1 outfits will be about for sure. I'd recommend linking up with one of them, you'll learn how things work in Planetside at a faster rate than going solo and also really experience the true essence of what makes Planetside a great game. Team Work!

Planetside outfits are not generally structured like a counterstrike clan for example (where you usually have to be a good player to get into it one). Most outfits on Planetside are willing to take on newcomers no questions asked, but there are of course some outfits out there that will only accept experienced players.

Anyway I guess the meaning of my post was to tell you to get yourself into an outfit (an experienced one if possible) as soon as possible. You won't look back. It generally doesn't matter how good or how experienced you are so don't worry about acting like a complete noob in front of everyone.
Old 2012-06-22, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
likwidneo
Private

If I can give you a little piece of advice. I've actually played quite a bit of all three sides, since launch and up until very recently, both in and out of some good outfits. If you like a little more discipline from your teammates like myself I would advise you go NC or VS. I know, totally backwards right?

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to be an elmo basher. I actually liked TR gear the best in PS1 and in PS2 it looks even sweeter and more attuned to my play style, but TR has failed to have a consistent large organized outfit to spearhead the rest of the empire.

Every so often a new outfit pops up with some good tactics and they swell up in ranks, but their leadership disappears after 3 or 4 months. NC have Blue Lions and Praetorian Guard, VS have Ghosts of the Revolution, Azure Twilight, and Delta Triad, all very good, long standing, and organized outfits that help organize the rest of their respective empires. TR don't have that. Also, TR CR5's (roughly the Generals of the game) seem to be the least organized of the 3 empires as well. It's all probably because I've seen the worst infighting and elitism coming from the TR, and it creates a failure to organize properly.

The problem is the leaders who are spearheading the empires now in PS1 are going to be the same ones to start spearheading those empires come PS2 beta. So I expect more of the same from TR in PS2. I hope I'm wrong, because it would be my empire of choice otherwise.

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed by one or two TR, but just putting my 2 cents out there.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions