News: One year Anniversary News, Stream and Bundle! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Helping You Hack the Planet for 2+ years
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-19, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

One year Anniversary News, Stream and Bundle!

Kind of expected a deal like this to be available and its not bad value imo.

You can log in via the link to check what you already own from the deal.
https://www.planetside2.com/details?...-DD1113-WEBBUN

Celebrate PlanetSide 2's first anniversary with this mega bundle.
Note: Bundle contains equivalent weapons for all 3 Empires.
Ends 11/24/13 11:59 PM PST

Heroic Boost - 6 Month (50% XP + 50% Resources)
Carnage Battle Rifle
TAR
Corvus VA55
Razor GD 23
LC3 Jaguar
Serpent VE92
EM4 Longshot
RAMS .50M
Parallax VX3
Phoenix AE
Striker AE
Lancer AE
Headshot Vehicle Decal
Anniversary Camo for Vehicle
Headshot Armor Decal
Anniversary Camo for Weapon
Anniversary Camo for Armor

Regular Price SC14300 / $143

BUNDLE PRICE SC3999 / $39.99

You can also purchase more than one if you want to stock up on the boosts which are normally SC5000 / $50.00 on their own.

Everything but the boosts will be account-wide. The camos currently aren't, but will be with a fix coming soon(TM)

SOE has made several announcements in honor of the one year anniversary of PlanetSide 2! Starting Tuesday, November 19th at 4:00 PM PST all players will receive Double XP and be eligible to purchase a One Year Anniversary Bundle.

This bundle includes an exclusive Heroic Boost that grants 50% experience for six months, Headshot vehicle and armor decal, One-Year Anniversary armor, weapon and vehicle camo and an Anniversary Editiion Phoenix, Striker and Lancer! ...But that's not all! We're also adding the RAMS .50M, EM4 Longshot, Parallax VX3, Serpent VE92, LC3 Jaguar, Razor GD-23, Corvus VA55, TAR and Carnage BR. Valued at $143 USD, players can purchase this fantastic bundle for $39.99.
Double XP will last until the 24th at 11:59PM PST. Additionally they have announced an all day stream starting tomorrow at 10AM PST! Players have a chance to win 3 NVIDIA Titans, a Playstation 4 and other goodies during the stream. To check out the full stream schedule click here and tune in live starting at 10:00AM on twitch.tv/planetside2. Last but not least on November 20th PlanetSide 2 Trading Cards will be available on Steam.

Last edited by Hamma; 2013-11-19 at 09:11 PM.
Old 2013-11-19, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: One-year anniversary bundle

Nice bundle... the heroic boost itself is worth the price.
Old 2013-11-19, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

For those paying in Aussie Peso's its $46.21 atm.
Old 2013-11-19, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Falcon_br
Captain

I just want to know one thing:

If I buy the Bundle, with my TR character, does all characters receive all weapons?
It is like they will receive it, empire golden rocket launchers to everyone, but I am not sure!
Also, boosters were something global, but they changed it, now boosters I got with my TR character are no use to my other characters, so...
If i buy the 1 year bundle, all my characters and new ones will receive the heroic boost? Like alpha squad?
And like I said, it really looks like a second alpha squad to the game, some weapons, a 6 months boosters, 1 bundle of camo and 1 bundle of decal, I think it is just missing a LMG that was replaced with the ESRL and the title. For the same price. (you would also receive 4.000 SC with the pack...)
I will wait more 2 days and hope for a SC deal, any SC deal will do! Even 10% off! I am almost paying full price for it!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-11-19, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
I just want to know one thing:

If I buy the Bundle, with my TR character, does all characters receive all weapons?
It will be the same deal as Alpha squad I assume.

However, this time the bundle is not really catering loyal players, which is a shame. Loyal players have most of the weapons already unlocked but are not discounted for this, which makes this a though deal for them.

This bundle should be offered without the weapons as well and available at least until the next double/tripple SC sales.
Old 2013-11-19, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Am I readong it correctly that this heroic implant is not as good as it was last time?
Old 2013-11-19, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Am I readong it correctly that this heroic implant is not as good as it was last time?
IIRC the Alpha Squad boost was 50% resource and XP, just like this one. The main difference is that I doubt that each new character you create gets one (a boost) unlike the alpha squad deal.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-11-19, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: One year Anniversary News, Stream and Bundle!

Updated OP with news post, also a stream tomorrow.

SOE has made several announcements in honor of the one year anniversary of PlanetSide 2! Starting Tuesday, November 19th at 4:00 PM PST all players will receive Double XP and be eligible to purchase a One Year Anniversary Bundle.

This bundle includes an exclusive Heroic Boost that grants 50% experience for six months, Headshot vehicle and armor decal, One-Year Anniversary armor, weapon and vehicle camo and an Anniversary Editiion Phoenix, Striker and Lancer! ...But that's not all! We're also adding the RAMS .50M, EM4 Longshot, Parallax VX3, Serpent VE92, LC3 Jaguar, Razor GD-23, Corvus VA55, TAR and Carnage BR. Valued at $143 USD, players can purchase this fantastic bundle for $39.99.
Double XP will last until the 24th at 11:59PM PST. Additionally they have announced an all day stream starting tomorrow at 10AM PST! Players have a chance to win 3 NVIDIA Titans, a Playstation 4 and other goodies during the stream. To check out the full stream schedule click here and tune in live starting at 10:00AM on twitch.tv/planetside2. Last but not least on November 20th PlanetSide 2 Trading Cards will be available on Steam.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-11-19, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, the page where I made the purchase made no mention of the fact that the Heroic Boost was only for XP.
The picture clearly shows XP and Resources.
Whats the story SOE?
Old 2013-11-19, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Boildown
Sergeant

When that Heroic Boost was available back in March, it was 50% for both XP and Resources. When they re-offered it again a few months later, it was just for XP. Its been just for XP every time its been made available since. Its not quite as valuable as the original version, which is probably why they're making the whole bundle 4k instead of 5k just for the boost.

I bought the original boost and it definitely was a help to resource gain, I spammed tank mines and C4 all over the place without a care, and I have to hold myself back a little now that its gone. But the other problem with that boost is that you can't time it for just when you're playing. At 5000 SC, I calculated that the 50% 7-day boost is a better deal if you bought a bunch of them at half-off, unless you play practically every single day. At 3999 SC for the boost and all the other stuff (the camo is nice and dark, I took a good hard look at some people wearing it today, looks like some RL camos for once) is a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately I have less than 1000 SC left and I refuse to buy more until its a Triple Station Cash deal. I already have my gift cards purchased (Gamestop deal) too, but I'd rather wait than spend them now just for this bundle. I really don't need another XP boost, rather have resources if anything. $10 for a 1500SC card, then tripled, trumps everything, if I don't use it for Planetside 2, I'll save it for EQ Next.

Old 2013-11-20, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Hmmm... Five days to make my mind up. I have all the weapons mentioned, at least for my faction (I only play as NC out of principle LOL). So I'd just be getting it for the boost and the camo and I may not play enough to justify the boost......
Old 2013-11-20, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
almalino
First Sergeant

Excellent bundle. I will buy it since PS2 is the only game I play nowdays I never ever before used Resources boost. Now I often find myself run out of mines. Not anymore I guess for the next 6 months

Beware, NC soldier from Russia is coming with mines on battle field.

Last edited by almalino; 2013-11-20 at 02:23 AM.
Old 2013-11-20, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

Even if you own a few of the weapons, it can still be worthwhile if you add it all up. Depends if you play other factions too, ofc.

The timing isn't good for me with Christmas around the corner, but I'm still considering it.

Does anyone have any pics for the camo?
Old 2013-11-20, 05:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Snoopy
Sergeant

I think this is it? From the official forums,

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/.../#post-2271131
Old 2013-11-20, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

okay... I think the cool shades may have swung it...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion