head shots!!! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My god! What's that devouring your leg?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-07, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
cujoman39
Sergeant

Talking head shots!!!

will planetside have part specific damage or will a head shot do as much damage as one in the leg?

i think the damage should be like counter strike where a head shot ='s death
Old 2002-12-07, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nubi
Sergeant

No specific body areas to help prevent aim bots
Old 2002-12-07, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Coliostro
Sergeant

Well..won't most people be wearing a helmet anyways? Not that helmets will be bullet proof but they should offer a little protection at least. Now, if it was a really good shot and went through their visor that should equal instant death

Coliostro
Old 2002-12-07, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Coliostro
Sergeant

People that create and use bots for auto aim are completely defeating the purpose. How is it fun if you have a machine to do your aiming for you? They should be quickly and severely punished be immediate and permanent banning.

Coliostro
That's my two pence
Old 2002-12-07, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2002-12-08, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
cujoman39
Sergeant

it think a sniper rifle hit to the head should bring anyone down and even a head shot from a pistol should do serious damage
besides this will let people with the best aim be badass because someones head is not an easy target.

as for cheating arent there syestems in place to stop cheating, and i doubt that any one with aouto aim will still beat me to the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2002-12-08, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

There wil be systems in place. Your not going to one shot a MAX or a Medium either..

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-08, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
cujoman39
Sergeant

Thumbs up

ya your not going to one shot a heavy execpt with a super strong sniper rifle but light guys should be dead after 2 or 3 pistol shots to the head!
Old 2002-12-08, 05:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

There should be no one-shots in the game except for extremes, like someone with no armor (just the vest) getting a direct hit by someone in a tank. Longer battles leave more room for tactical decisions and are generally a lot less frustrating. In Counter-strike, you often died before you could even utter a colourful four-letter-word. That worked for that game, because it was twitch, and your respawned shortly after anyway. In Planetside, you won't get back into the action nearly as quickly, so time spent in the thick of things should be proportionally longer.

As for headshots... as long as they're not exceptionally lethal, it's fine. Again, even with a headshot, unless it's an extreme (*perhaps* a sniper hit to the head of someone with zilch for armor) it shouldn't be one-shot. Yeah, I know, all you wannabe snipers want to sit off somewhere and kill a bunch of people without them even having a chance to fight back, but it's not good for the game on a whole. Sure, you're having fun, but nobody has fun dying without even seeing their attacker. And given the wide-open areas in Planetside, that will be extremely likely. The guys making this game had better be damn sure they pay extra attention to the power of sniper rifles... extreme range with zoom capability and high power does not work the same in Tribes or Counter-strike as it will in a game where the playfields are enormous, and the hiding places even more prolific. If they drop the ball with sniper rifles, there'll be hell to pay.

Last edited by Warborn; 2002-12-08 at 05:26 AM.
Old 2002-12-08, 06:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Old 2002-12-08, 10:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
�io
Lieutenant General

So basically you want the sniper rifle to be useless?

Something like this right? :

-Sniper aims for head on Med armored grunt.

-Shoots him in the head, nothing happens

-Shoots him in the head again, grunt now knows where sniper is and is heading towards him

-Sniper shoots one last time, grunt arrives and kills him in one shotgun blast.

Ok now i get it.

Seriously i get the whole dying by some shot from a guy i don't see pisses me off thing, i too get pissed off at snipers, but that's their job.

And before this turns into yet another sniper debate i'm not suggestting 1 hit shots anywhere. As i said in the last debate head shots should kill a med armor in 2 or 3 shots, anything more means the sniper is useless.
Old 2002-12-08, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Everytime someone says "sniper rifle" I think AWP.

I just don't want to see a reincarnation of that gun.

Old 2002-12-08, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kaikou
Second Lieutenant

cujoman39, I am guessing you have never seen an aimbot in action...The guy using it just turns to face you and boom, you're dead. Trust me...its near impossible to beat an aimbot.
Old 2002-12-08, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
�io
Lieutenant General

Never played CS so i dunno about the whole AWP fiasco.

I don't mind the sniper not having 1 kill head shots, i just don't wanna see it needing 5 headshots to kill a med armor, it would become useless.

And yeah Aimbots suck.
Old 2002-12-08, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

There are many quick kills in this game. ie if your one man going up against a max and your in light.. your not gonna have much time if they get a good shot in.

Like I said, snipers are one shot only on the lighter armors. The higher armors it deals less damage, but it still does do damage.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion