Arm bands for advanced medics? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now 99% fat free!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-23, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

how about medics have armband, eng have armband, and hackers have diff color beems for their rek?
So medic has say left armband, eng has right armband, etc

Or, perhaps a diff symbol on the minimap? medic has cross, eng has hollow circle (so can be both) and hacker has the above rek thing....
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-23, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

There should be 2 more additions to make medics used more.

1.) Medics should get a small readout of dead people who havent released on their radar. Even if its just within their squad.

2.) Medics should show up differently on peoples maps

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-23, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by BeerJedi
Well, one idea is a notifier.

Adv Medics receive Notifiers when fellow factoin mates within the area go down, with pulsing blips on their radar. Meanwhile, if you die, and a Adv Medic is within' a certain radius, it can tell warn you.

You are dead, and a nearby Medic has been notified.

If no medic, no warning.
This would be a good idea except I have one problem with it. If this would be implemented for everyone in the vicinity then you might just have one adv medic having 5 million messages and being expected to res too many people than he/she can handle. I think if this is restricted for squad/outfit members only it would work much better. Also there is the occasional jackass who wouldn't want to res anyone but maybe 2 selected friends. So everyone would just be waiting on the ground to be ressurected while the guy is just goin around killing people.
Old 2003-06-23, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Aren't they adding "Stimpacks" and "Healing Wards" ala SC and WC3? Medic can give speed boost via stim, or plop down a healing ward.
Old 2003-06-23, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sleepwalker
Staff Sergeant

dear GOD this would be useful, especially the radar thing (i just can't afford to be more of a target than i am).

And i'm all out of ass.
Old 2003-06-23, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ceiba
Private

I was thinking they could do the same thing for medics, engineers and hackers that they do for darklight users. When you have the medical applicator equipped there could be a cross next to your name. For engineers it would be a wrench and hacker I have no idea what symbol to give them. I think the different colored REK beams is a great idea!

Last edited by Ceiba; 2003-06-23 at 06:58 PM.
Old 2003-06-23, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
EarlyDawn
Major General

Dave said that they'll be implementing a "call for medic" button under the "Click here to respawn" button, as well as some way for you to send a fast tell to the nearest medic.

Medics themselves receive the Stim Packs and Regen patches, which he didn't elaborate on, and some way to locate the incapacitated.

An indicator would be nice for any "tech"-certed characters, but I'm satisfied with what's being added, myself

I was thinking they could do the same thing for medics, engineers and hackers that they do for darklight users. When you have the medical applicator equipped there could be a cross next to your name. For engineers it would be a wrench and hacker I have no idea what symbol to give them.
A name-based indicator... not a bad idea.
Old 2003-06-23, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

**I think that adv meds should be able to set 'health' turrits that slowly auto heal all people withen a radius around them (only set 1 at a time)
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-06-23, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
JLeeAZN
Sergeant

Yea, thats a great idea! And also they should make advanced medics on the map whe you die, so when you die and zoom in, you can se if there is a adv. medic near you, then you can use a new voice macro that would be like:

"I need to be Revived"

Or sumthin like that hehe
Old 2003-06-24, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Demdadar
Sergeant

plz someone bring this thread to the official forums NOW . Ideas rock .

dat big thing pwnz j00
Old 2003-06-24, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Agathon
Sergeant

Sweet

Hello,

The changes LNS0388 mentioned are definitely a solution. The only thing I would hope is that such a function while waiting for the current respawn bar to drop would also put a symbol on the radar or give a direction for the medic to go in. The reason for this is because as a reviving medic, I have a hard time finding corpses. Even when people send me tells, I have to get detailed directions. By the time I get there, it is often just easier for the person to respawn.

Last night I was in an epic battle with VS and NC, then a little TR thrown in at the end. It was extremely enjoyable to see a ton of people all in one place with no noticable lag! We had probably 100 on 100, and the only problem I had was being killed while healing folks. hee hee I had my regular macros letting people know to come to me for heals/repairs and also not to automatically respawn. It was the first night where I actually lost count of all the people I revived. Most of them were max's also! People are definitely getting better at waiting a second if they know a advanced medic is around.

As long as we get some way to locate the dead, the new changes you mentioned will be awesome. I'm looking forward to see what they do! Thanks for the info LNS0388.

8-)

Last edited by Agathon; 2003-06-24 at 07:51 AM.
Old 2003-06-24, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
BeerJedi
Sergeant

In response to smaug... good adjustment. I like it, and to tweak your idea a little, let the adv medic choose the level of notification (like with your vehicles)

Empire - Outfit - Squad - None.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion