When it rains it pours... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The most fun you can have with your pants off.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-22, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Agencyman
Private

When it rains it pours...

Well, after applying to every contest that has come down the pike for a beta slot, what happens that not one but TWO have put me on their lists (PS REALM and GAMEHELPER). Neither has sent me any real info except 'congrats' but I hope to spread the BETA love. I of course won't be using both so I will ask the SOE rep who sends me the info (assuming that they haven't caught the duplication themselves) if they can make my duplication available to PS-Universe for them to award as they see fit

Not that Hamma, SJ and the rest don't have enough to handle, but if SOE is amenable, I hope you find someone to use it.

Agency
Old 2003-04-22, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i havnt gotten any "real info" yet either... its been a week since my confirmation and im startin to get scared/pissed
Old 2003-04-22, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Agencyman
Private

Well, based on some of the other posts on this forum, the waiting for the disks / keys may only be the start of our problems getting really 'in' Beta, but it's all good. Until then, we just have to live vicariously through our fellow forumers.

Agency
Old 2003-04-24, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Agencyman
Private

received the email(s)

Well, I did receive a confirmation emails with all necessary information from a Sean Kauppinen (will be downloading after I leave work today). I will leave it up to Hamma and the rest to let me know if they want to give my duplicate to another PSU forumer. Since I am not fiscally able to be a contributer at this point (new house and all) this is my lame way in giving what I can to PSU.

If Hamma, SJ, Afex and the rest don't wish the leg work for giving out the info, I will certainly be happy to share with another PSU'r.

Agency
Old 2003-04-24, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Hang in there guys. I won one of the slots from Planetside Stratics and I just got the confirmation from SOI last night. They sent me an email stating that I could wait for the CDs or I could download everything. They gave me the password and all the information I would need to get started if I wanted to. It took about a week and a half before I got this final notice. If no CDs in the mail today, I'm going to go strait to the download.
Old 2003-04-24, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Homicide
Corporal

Got my E-mail to.....I have a full 48 hours of downloading to do
your damned if you don't.
Old 2003-04-24, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

yeah, i got mine today too in my email... then i downloaded it in 2 and a half hours... i rushed home from class, plugged in, hit play and then.... all servers were down. damn the irony. oh well, should be back up at 7 here
Old 2003-04-24, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Agencyman
Private

and the d/ling begins...

Well, Deadlock, I am in the same boat (~ 2 hrs left). Hopefully I'll see you later tonight and wave at ya from across the way. As another poster mentioned, us color-blind ppl need to stay with Black/Red to avoid grief if nothing else so all you fancy colored folks will be easier to be as enemies than tk'd friendlies.

Agency
Old 2003-04-24, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

im color blind too, but all i can see is the blue and yellow so i guess we'll be enemies
Old 2003-04-24, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Wow, I never thought about the issue of color blindness when gaming. Good luck guys. Hope you don't get a lot of grief. I could see where shooting at some vehicles could be a problem. At least most of the armors have different looks.
Old 2003-04-24, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I'm just not ment to play this game today... after the whole irony of no sever being up when i finally got done dl'ing the thing it just kept slapping me in the face... first i dl the patch too soon, so i gota do it again... then i finally get in, i even make a character, and then boom... servers crash. im just gonna go to bed i think
Old 2003-04-24, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
TheRegurgitator
Major

u could give one of the accounts to me...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion