Anyone thought about maybe... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does whatever a spider can.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-04-25, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Anyone thought about maybe...

Using a secondary aiming such as iron sighting? I mean... maybe it's just not practical for the fast paced Planetside action... but I mean, most be fun and useful in some situations, certainly adds new depth to playability
Old 2011-04-25, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Anyone thought about maybe...

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
Using a secondary aiming such as iron sighting? I mean... maybe it's just not practical for the fast paced Planetside action... but I mean, most be fun and useful in some situations, certainly adds new depth to playability
We talked about it in the wishlist thread, page 11 on, very mixed reactions to the concept as usual but hey this is PS-U
Here you go mate

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...=35791&page=11

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-04-25, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah I want it at least; really adds to tactical game play if hip firing is hard to pull off.
Old 2011-04-25, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Senyu
First Lieutenant

I would like this for some weapons. Get even more realistic and blur out your vision on spots your not directly aiming at.

But there are some things it doesnt need to be on to
Old 2011-04-27, 02:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
I would like this for some weapons. Get even more realistic and blur out your vision on spots your not directly aiming at.

But there are some things it doesnt need to be on to
That is less realistic, since I can focus just fine on other things. DOF is highly annoying because it assumes what you are looking at is the center of the screen.

I would personally prefer a faster paced game. More run n gun. Less cof bloom. I miss the days of quake, tribes, etc, where movement had little effect on your ability to shoot.
Old 2011-04-27, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grimster
First Lieutenant

I myself am not a fan of iron sights at all.

I have seen to many games having great potential and getting ruined by iron sights because people demand the game to be realistic.

I don't play Planetside because it is realistic. I play it for the huge battles and the feeling of being a part of something big.

Of course this is my personal opinion but if you are looking for a realistic game you should be looking somewhere else and not in a game where things go pew pew(Well atleast some of them ).
NEED UPDATES!

Last edited by Grimster; 2011-04-27 at 03:20 AM.
Old 2011-04-27, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Robert089
Sergeant

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I would personally prefer a faster paced game. More run n gun. Less cof bloom. I miss the days of quake, tribes, etc, where movement had little effect on your ability to shoot.
Jackhammer.
Old 2011-04-27, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Robert089 View Post
Jackhammer.
I hate you
Old 2011-04-28, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
otomotopia
Sergeant

Where does it say iron sights mean realism? I like ADS because it helps me snap off a good shot. It's why I zoom nearly every time I use the pulsar. I don't think anything bad can come of using an ADS mechanic. I don't necessarily mean 'iron sights' like lining up the tip with the gap, but I do mean looking down the barrel to see... something. Red dot, cross hairs, a smiley face, the VS logo, a MARS scope, ring sights, iron sights, whatever. ADS is a good mechanic for shooters in genera;, and I'd like to see it added for most infantry weapons.
Old 2011-04-28, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by otomotopia View Post
Where does it say iron sights mean realism? I like ADS because it helps me snap off a good shot. It's why I zoom nearly every time I use the pulsar. I don't think anything bad can come of using an ADS mechanic. I don't necessarily mean 'iron sights' like lining up the tip with the gap, but I do mean looking down the barrel to see... something. Red dot, cross hairs, a smiley face, the VS logo, a MARS scope, ring sights, iron sights, whatever. ADS is a good mechanic for shooters in genera;, and I'd like to see it added for most infantry weapons.
This 100% (Except replace the stupid pulsar with the epic gauss)
Old 2011-04-29, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Aractain
Major

Also 100%. In fact id say if it isn't in SOE is going to fail again since they arn't bringing the proper attitude to development.
Old 2011-05-02, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Aractain View Post
Also 100%. In fact id say if it isn't in SOE is going to fail again since they arn't bringing the proper attitude to development.
If you made a list of the top ten multiplayer FPS games, I bet half would have no sights other than the hud crosshair for everything but snipers, and no real penalty for movement.

There are two general, and quite divergent, schools of thought about how FPSs should operate, and neither is more 'proper' than the other.
Old 2011-05-02, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Aractain
Major

Indeed. That is roughly Arcade vs Tactical. Action vs Thought.

In my opinion Planetside is a wargame, like a simple Arma2 or a first person Close combat.
The people who used jackhammers and surge thought it was Unreal Torunament.

Thus if they dont put the tactical thinking stuff in the game I will be disapointed thats its just twitch reaction rather than thought based.

I don't think an action MMO FPS is going to work. (Hint: Its been done and being done again).

Thats the reason for my opinion.
Old 2011-05-02, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
CutterJohn
Colonel

Why can't there be both? TF2 has classes that cover all ends of the spectrum from stupidly simple to crazy hard, from insane twitch to point in vaguely correct direction. PS should cater to as many playstyles as possible. There can be a variety of weapons and armors to support this. Let people run with assault rifles, but have to stop and aim with heavy machine guns or something.

And what fpsmmo? Theres PS and WW2OL. Nothing else. Unless you are counting the arena based types like global agenda which have fancy graphics instead of a server selection screen.
Old 2011-05-03, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Infektion
Sergeant Major

You guys think that COF will make a return to PSN? I'd like a new accuracy model. that COF was a little annoying.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion