The Matrix Reloaded (Full Disclosure, read if you seen it) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Will There be Jet Packs?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-05-15, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

The Matrix Reloaded (Full Disclosure, read if you seen it)

I AM GONNA BE FRANK, AND DISCUSS THE FLICK, QUIT READING IF YOU AIN'T SEEN IT OR DONT WANT TO KNOW TILL YOU DO SEE. CONSIDER THYSELF WARNED!

Okay, first off, too jumpy maybe... the first 1/2 of the movie seemed to leap around too damned much. Also, too much deep thought.... kinda out there really.

The rave scene... bleah boring. Didn't move me. I am glad really they didn't show Moss fully nude, or a good topless shot, that was uneeded.

Neo kicks ass, the multi-smith fight vs neo was tight, but A: There were portions that they actors looked like... stretch-o-men. B: why didn't Neo just take off to begin with?

The Oracle, another tool and poor Morpheus and Neo led around by the nose.... hahaha.

The twins were cool, Cant belive someone si complaining that they are stereotyping albinos... there is always one big complaint isn't there?

"Like wiping your ass with silk." Best line of the flick.

Neo Rocked, did I mention that?

Thats about it for now, I got a BAD BAD BAD headache.
Old 2003-05-15, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Like Vic said, stop reading this now if you don't want some huge movie ruining spoilers.

--------------------------------------

Just got back, great flick. They talked a whole hell of a lot. But there were enough fight scenes to make up for it in my mind. Besides, I'm actually interested in all that mess they were talking about, so it's ok.

Having the council was stupid. It felt like when Star Wars did it. Like they were trying to expand the first movie into areas that it didn't need to go. The whole global scope thing that these sequels are trying to do gets away from the point of why we all loved the first ones. But those parts are short, so who cares.

Two questions, that I think are both related, and an idea about them.
1) At the beginning, when the agent (was that Smith??) takes over the guys body, and then uses the phone to get out of the matrix... how is he still in charge of the guy's mind?? They left the matrix, right??

2) At the end, how the hell did Neo stop those sentenals?? He suddenly 'felt' them and then could stop them?? And why would that send him into a coma?? (If you haven't seen the movie, then don't bitch, I warned you that there were spoilers. )

... my answer.... this is all I can come up with without seeing it again to catch what I missed.... they are still in the matrix, even in Zion. It's like they were in the program, which they left, but are still in the shell program or something. So they've never really been free. Classic dream in a dream ending. Thoughts??

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-05-16, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

People think too much about movies.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-05-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

In both the "real" and matrix world, no one uses contractions. Computers can't use contractions either...

Trinity is pregnant? Mebbe...

Fights were cool, but it contained some of the worst acting - EVER.

They could have taken out the entire zion scene from morpheous's speach to neo drilling trinity and the movie would have been better for it.

What was the point of the hot wife of the information guy?

Why didn't they explain why neo's hand bled?

Why didn't neo just pwn the architect when he had the chance?

Am I the only one who thought Keanu Reeves has regressed to bill and ted quality acting again?

I really enjoyed the movie though.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-05-16, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

I liked the movie. It wasn't as good as the first, and it won't be as good as the last. It is more of a filler. It probably would seem a lot better with the last one. The short trailer after the credits definitely makes me look forward for the next.

Originally posted by {BOHICA}Navaron
In both the "real" and matrix world, no one uses contractions. Computers can't use contractions either...
I never noticed, and I really don't know why they used this, but I definitely think the real world is still part of the Matrix.

They could have taken out the entire zion scene from morpheous's speach to neo drilling trinity and the movie would have been better for it.
I think the speech itself was somewhat important, since it connects Morpheus to their church at a fairly high level. The rave/sex stuff was unecessary

What was the point of the hot wife of the information guy?
No clue with the wife, but Link was either family or close to Dozer, so there is that connection.

Why didn't they explain why neo's hand bled?
Part 3

Why didn't neo just pwn the architect when he had the chance?
And wait for Trinity to die?

Am I the only one who thought Keanu Reeves has regressed to bill and ted quality acting again?
A bit.

A lot of characters were in this movie. A ton. I bet that they will be connected a lot more in the third one.

All in all, action scenes were the best part of the movie, the story was told in a very bland manner, but it was fairly complex. I think by November, this movie will look a lot better.
Old 2003-05-16, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Not the black chick, but the wife of the guy who was holding the keymaker prison. Hot lady who kissed Neo- that may be the most pointless character in any movie ever.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-05-16, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Pretty sure she will be in the third one.
Old 2003-05-16, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Monica Belluci in a push-up dress is pointless? Cmon.
Old 2003-05-16, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Also, one of the neatest things about the movie was definitely the previews. The previews kicked ass.
Old 2003-05-16, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Yea, I hope everyone sat through the hour of credits for the preview of the third. It kicked butt. It obviously comes down to a real showdown between Mr. Anderson and Smith, both in the Matrix and the 'real' world.

I think the annoying kid that found Neo and got out of the matrix will be in the third and an important part.

The whole thing about this being the 6th time they have gone through this cycle with The One and Zion being wiped out and rebuilt is cool.

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the MOST important part about this movie. It has TR MAX's!!!!! Those little mech Dual Cycler dudes look sweet, and will be doing some butt kicking in the next movie.

Also check some of the info about the Matrix Online, its set after the 3rd movie and obviously gives some of the story away.
Old 2003-05-16, 03:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, in the third preview there was a scene with those things fighting... so I am wondering where the hell did they come from in the third as the "real world" if Zion was destroyed.
Old 2003-05-16, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Daleon
I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned the MOST important part about this movie. It has TR MAX's!!!!! Those little mech Dual Cycler dudes look sweet, and will be doing some butt kicking in the next movie.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-05-16, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LesserShade
Contributor
Major

... my answer.... this is all I can come up with without seeing it again to catch what I missed.... they are still in the matrix, even in Zion. It's like they were in the program, which they left, but are still in the shell program or something. So they've never really been free. Classic dream in a dream ending. Thoughts??
That is definitely the first thing that came to mind. Going to have to watch it again to see if there are any other clues.

Fights were cool, but it contained some of the worst acting - EVER.
I dunno.. Keanu was Keanu. IMO I think his acting was better than the first matrix, but I think that the subject matter in the 2nd movie was probably easier to deal with than in the first. Like in reloaded he already knows where he is, neo is comfortable being an ass kicker... the only time he shows any real emotion is when he gets worried about trinity. In the first matrix he had to deal with the whole "wtf is the matrix, ono! i don't believe it", and that forced Keanu into trying to show us all kinds of emotions.

I wasn't too crazy about the Link though, I thought that Dozer was a better actor and Link's comic relief was kinda lame.

Overall though, I thought this movie was in a few ways better than the first. More mind blowing action, and they still manage to throw in a lot of things to make you think. The first movie is probably still my favorite though because the story was new and caught me off guard.
Old 2003-05-16, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
John Matrix
Private

Ok anyone else here think the first Matrix was better than reloaded? There is no doubt that the action scenes were better but the plot seemed a little below grade compared to the first one.

It almost seemed a little bit like there just trying to make money off of teens with all the advertisements, the game,animes, and the cliffhanger ending with the "sneak preview" revolutions trailer. But by all means it was a good movie.Hopefully the plot was a little underpar just because it was a sequel and that the third one will bring justice to the first one.
Old 2003-05-16, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

holy crap you guys over-analyze. Look most of the first movie was finally explained in this one, no doubt most of this movie will be explained in the third one.

and the rave scene? trust me I'm sure there were plenty of little geeks out there that were happy to see some boobies. I'm a bit confused as to why you thought the council and everything could of been left out. without it we would not of seen any connection to the real world. thoses scenes explained the back story, so to speak, like sure everyone is kicking ass inside the matrix but what is life like outside the matrix.

I thought this movie was great, the story really drew me in. from the sounds of it all you guys want to see is a bruce lee movie made entirly of fight scenes while someone reads a philosphy book.

jesus, lighten up and be entertained....
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge