News: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'll get you Hamma! And your little Squeeky too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-06-14, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Selerox
Sergeant

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Sever 13-06-13

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Too much nerf. Pick one or the other, not both, if anything.
My experience dictates that ZOE does not need to be nerfed against ground targets.
Exactly. I would have no issue with removing the Burster damage bonus completely. It wasn't needed.

But ramping up the damage taken and adding a timer is basically screwing it out of existence. I can imagine VS MAXes becoming the rarity they used to be very quickly.

This is the Magrider over-nerf fiasco all over again...
Old 2013-06-14, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Guys, its 8 seconds, which feels like an eternity when running around gunning. I think the reason they did this was you would see people with ZOE on all the time despite the damage increase.

But again, 8 seconds is more than enough time to take out a lot of people. Could it be 10? Maybe, but its not the end of the world.

Lockdown is getting nerfed too.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Im not very happy with revives removing your death stat. If you kill someone then that should be counted as a kill. Not to be erased because a medic revives you. I dont think this is a good change.

This will probably be the new meta where people stay dead hoping to get a rezz and erase that death off of their stats.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Oops nvm

Last edited by Calista; 2013-06-14 at 10:20 AM.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Im not very happy with revives removing your death stat. If you kill someone then that should be counted as a kill. Not to be erased because a medic revives you. I dont think this is a good change.

This will probably be the new meta where people stay dead hoping to get a rezz and erase that death off of their stats.
What if they added a timer to how long you could stay dead? Make you respawn to nearest indoor spawn point if you don't do it within amount of time.

Last edited by Crator; 2013-06-14 at 10:20 AM.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
What if they added a timer to how long you could stay dead? Make you respawn to nearest indoor spawn point if you don't do it within amount of time.
All of this for what purpose? That is what I don't understand. KDR is a useless stat already and it encourages specific playing habits. Removing the death stat from revive would also end up making KDR even less important... which is good, but why even track deaths at all? Just remove the death stat completely from the game and from the playersite info.
Old 2013-06-14, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
All of this for what purpose? why even track deaths at all?
Cause some people like it? Hard to believe, I know...
Old 2013-06-14, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Cause some people like it? Hard to believe, I know...
If you are going to remove death tally from revive then you would be messing up everyone's KDR that has been playing since release, but didn't have that feature. Is the change retro-active? Are all of our stats going to be adjusted to make up for the new feature? I am sure you have been revived multiple times and your KDR would be a lot higher. I know mine would since I do tend to wait for revives if I know medics are around.

The point is they are making it the stat less important. They have already stated they would like to give players the option to pay money to erase their KDR completely. This isn't team death match.. so realistically KDR isn't as important as actually playing the objective and the objective is not just to stay alive and kill more players so your team wins the round.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

If you are going to remove death tally from revive then you would be messing up everyone's KDR that has been playing since release, but didn't have that feature. Is the change retro-active? Are all of our stats going to be adjusted to make up for the new feature? I am sure you have been revived multiple times and your KDR would be a lot higher. I know mine would since I do tend to wait for revives if I know medics are around.

The point is they are making it the stat less important. They have already stated they would like to give players the option to pay money to erase their KDR completely. This isn't team death match.. so realistically KDR isn't as important as actually playing the objective and the objective is not just to stay alive and kill more players so your team wins the round.
That's a pretty good point.

Personally I'm on the fence about the change - I like the idea of encouraging revives rather than respawns, but OTOH I'm one of those people who does care (somewhat) about K/D and I'm not keen to see it messed up.

Under the circumstances, retroactively recalculating everyone's K/D does seem like it'd be ideal - but I'm not convinced they have the necessary data to do that. Kind of annoying, but never mind.

BTW while we're on the topic of respawns it'd also be great if they could remove bodies of people who are no longer viable revive targets. Definitely falls under the category of 'quick quality-of-life fixes', don't you think?

Old 2013-06-14, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Shogun
Contributor
General

excuse me, but where did the patchnotes say, that your kill wouldn´t be counted?

it says that if you are revived, the death on your stats disappears.
this has nothing to do with the stats of the killer. the death is still being counted as a kill.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-14, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13

While the nerf to ZOE might be a little much, coming from an NC. I just don't care. :|
Old 2013-06-14, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
excuse me, but where did the patchnotes say, that your kill wouldn´t be counted?

it says that if you are revived, the death on your stats disappears.
this has nothing to do with the stats of the killer. the death is still being counted as a kill.
This can't be correct. So the player that kills a player keeps the kill while the player that was killed gets the death erased because he was revived? That would be even worse than removing both.

Incoming stat padding 3 ways....
Player 1 shoots and kills player 2.
Player 3 revives player 2.
Player 1 gets a better KDR while player 2 suffers zero penalties.

All 3 players are medics so they can take turns raising their KDR into the oblivion.
Old 2013-06-14, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Chefkoch
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Also I don't agree with a revive removing ones death. Pretty sure I know why they made this change, I just don't agree with it being needed. I thought SOE was moving away from K/D being showed as an important stat.[/CENTER]
They should just remove death tracking and all this KD/R crap from the game and be done with it !

And while they are at it bring back the PS1 Stats aka x amount of Tanks, HA, Meds, LA, and so on killed.
Old 2013-06-14, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Shogun
Contributor
General

This can't be correct. So the player that kills a player keeps the kill while the player that was killed gets the death erased because he was revived? That would be even worse than removing both.

Incoming stat padding 3 ways....
Player 1 shoots and kills player 2.
Player 3 revives player 2.
Player 1 gets a better KDR while player 2 suffers zero penalties.

All 3 players are medics so they can take turns raising their KDR into the oblivion.
read the patchnotes.

it says the death is wiped from the stats of a revived player. it says nothing about the "kill"

and i wouldn´t give a fuck even if all vanu went to the hills to shoot each other and boost their k/d ratio in the way you described. in fact i care so little, that i didn´t even read it completely to try to comprehend the system!

k/d is just a number and it isn´t even worth a pile of vanu poo. so let everybody who thinks this stat is important cheat and exploit it as much as they want! they don´t gain anything of importance from it, and i don´t lose anything. so what? if you need to use your k/d as e-peen, go ahead!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-14, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Re: New Patch Notes - Test Server 13-06-13

Originally Posted by Stanis View Post
The timer makes it seems as though its now a case of "can ZOE help me in this fight?"
And that's the current problem with ZOE, right there. You never had to ask that question because the answer was, apparently, always "yes".

Let them. If they wait too long, they're doing themselves more harm by not getting back into the fight.

And do you honestly believe that there are so many players so obsessive about their stats that this will lead to a noticeable and significant decline in overall player performance?

Honestly, it seems to me that there are more people in this community obsessing over the idea that other people obsess over their stats than there are people actually obsessing over their stats. It's kind of insane.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion