PSU: Too many Vanu on the dance floor
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2012-04-21, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Predator21
Private

Re: New gaming PC, £1000 budget, need help

Yeah I bought 16GB of it rather than 8GB. I can change things still though as my order won't arrive until next Sat.

I saw that too... I wonder if I should go for the Ivybridge if it's released on Mon
Old 2012-04-21, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Might as well. 8GB is plenty for anything unless you need something that uses that much ram.
Old 2012-04-22, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Really
Private

Ivy Bridge is being press released on 23rd (so reviews etc) and released for sale on the 29th, according to Gibbo (sales guy) on OcUK forums
Old 2012-04-22, 07:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Predator21
Private

Originally Posted by Really View Post
Ivy Bridge is being press released on 23rd (so reviews etc) and released for sale on the 29th, according to Gibbo (sales guy) on OcUK forums
I just want the PC, but seems silly not to wait now :s I wonder if ocuk can pause my order if i want to wait..
Old 2012-04-22, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Best get a hold of them then.
Old 2012-04-22, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
DarkMarc
Private

Exclamation Re: New gaming PC, £1000 budget, need help

you can return every article specially if unopen box which is at free of restocking fee within 14 day of satisfaction previously was 7 :but to match dabs & aria they ad to move to 14 days from what i read

iv build 17 suggestion of OCUK & Competitor website from gamespot within 2 year they have a fantastic costumer support but RMA can take forever but not there fault it Manufactured side

you can return cpu cooler if you realise it not cold enough / you can return gpu if it not powerful enough for low restocking fee but if it unopen no restock fee

if you wish to wait for Z77 & i5 Gen 3 which is soon which you should wait for well i suggest you check if shipping already on the go if so : can't be cancel but you can return the article to the store without re-shipping cost i think check with them they won't charge restocking fee however

because a paid service can't be refund it even mention in how postal service work once you paid for something and it on the go there no turn back so you can't hold a service but you can cancel a service given it on the process

Last edited by DarkMarc; 2012-04-22 at 11:57 AM.
Old 2012-04-25, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Predator21
Private

Ok, I've been a bit stupid and need help again :S

I changed the RAM last week to this "https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-068-GS"

I've just noticed the motherboard on my order "https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-202-MS" won't support it..

Can you recommend a good motherboard that would support this RAM?

Is it worth spending the extra to get Quad Channel support?

Cheers
Old 2012-04-25, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
termhn
Sergeant

That RAM is way overkill for gaming. Go for an 8GB 1600 dual-channel and then get the gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H or UD3H. Great boards especially if you maybe want to hackintosh in the future.

- UD3H can have a higher RAM OC.
- UD3H uses the VIA VT2021 codec / UD5H uses Realtek ALC898 codec and Support for X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity® and EAX® Advanced HD™ 5.0 technologies
- Each have different USB setups
- UD5H has 1 x heatsink LED power connector
- UD5H 5 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors, 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors, 1 x mSATA connector
- UD3H 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors, 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors, 1 x mSATA connector

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-04-25, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Predator21
Private

How's this look:

RAM:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MY-319-CS

MOBO:
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=MB-202-MS
Old 2012-04-25, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Predator21
Private

Thank you termhn, however I won't be overclocking that much.. I don't know too much about it, it's something I'll look into though, how does the setup above look? Thats different RAM with the mobo Goku suggested...
Old 2012-04-25, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Just stick with the ram and mobo I already told you to get previously. You don't need anything more then that. There is no reason to get more then 8GB and nothing over 1333Mhz makes any difference in gaming. Quad channel is a totally other platform and costs twice as much then a IB/SB build.

This ram and motherboard.

Last edited by Goku; 2012-04-25 at 04:25 PM.
Old 2012-04-25, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Predator21
Private

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Just stick with the ram and mobo I already told you to get previously. You don't need anything more then that. There is no reason to get more then 8GB and nothing over 1333Mhz makes any difference in gaming. Quad channel is a totally other platform and costs twice as much then a IB/SB build.

This ram and motherboard.
Ahh ok, I've put back to 8gb of the OCUK RAM you mentioned. That saves me some cash as well... I stupidly got sucked into the marketing. Thanks
Old 2012-04-26, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

I know this is off topic but while the thread is active I wanted to know ur opinions of this Processor Goku.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-19103962-L02D

I know most people dislike AMD but I personally have had a great experience with my current setup, and if I get this I don't believe I would need to upgrade my MOBO.

My current is a AMD Athlon II X4 635(2.9GHz)

Last edited by The Desert Fox; 2012-04-26 at 12:12 PM.
Old 2012-04-26, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I don't recommend any of the FX processors. That 6000 series probably won't be much of any boost. If people have to get one I would only go with the 8120.

In the other thread you mention getting IB for $200. Why buy a FX for a few bucks less?
Old 2012-04-26, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Because im cheap lol and that accommodation comes once a year and it's random intel doesn't tell us when. Could be may, could be November. but I should probably just wait it out.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum