About the Vanu MAX - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sigbot will rape you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-08, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
�io
Lieutenant General

You know i was just checking out the VS site and Zatrais does have a point. The VS MAX hides the whole face so they would have no real reason to put "male" unless there are 2 suits.

Of course since Mr.Lucky dawg a.k.a. Hamma already played and didn't mention 2 different MAXs i guess i'm wrong, just seems weird they would put male when they don't need it.
Old 2002-12-08, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Coliostro
Sergeant

I think you guys are reading WAY too much into this and most of it is wishful thinking. Having a MAX for each gender would be kinda silly...cool...but silly. All it would do is add ambience and lower believability. (of course, it IS Sci-fi, so we're already stretching the bounds of believability...oh well)

Coliostro
Old 2002-12-08, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
�io
Lieutenant General

Why would it lower "believability"?

Assuming that every girl is smaller than every guy (which is true in 95% of games) than making a 2nd type of MAX which would be smaller and more agile/fast would be smart.

Anywhoo like you said it's not really important.
Old 2002-12-09, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

Reason it will not happen is two-fold. The RPing reason and the real reason:

1. It means more work.
2. It means more work.

An army/empire would not put in more work on anything then they have to. Why design a totally different MAX outfit for a different gender when the purpose is the same for each user and the actual design allows it to serve its purpose already? Why spend more time/nanos to make unnecessary changes?

The devs would not put in gender specific MAXs unless there was a huge outcry for it. Even then, chances are it would be slim. There is only so much you can add to a game before either system space is used up or it starts to create a bandwidth problem for users. That and it'd take time, work, and energy to make another MAX model for each empire.

Comprehensive enough?

**edit: Hamma... you really need to allow leeway on the whole edit thing. I've made countless posts where there's a small error I want to fix, such as the list as having 1 and 1 as opposed to 1 and 2. Or mispellings or improper grammer. You know, stupid things I should check over initially. Anyway, I change ONE character and it adds the "This post has been edited" message at the bottom of my post. while another time I added an entire paragraph worth of extra context and as far as everyone else knew, I had not edited it in the slightest. I'm just looking for consistancy... What makes that happen? A cookie error? The computer gods and demons? The Illuminati? WHA?!

If it's out of your hands, I understand that too.

Last edited by Zarparchior; 2002-12-09 at 11:37 AM.
Old 2002-12-09, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

No reason it should be different for the sexes either. It's not a form-fitting suit like body armor is. It's a big, bulky exoskeleton.

Assuming that every girl is smaller than every guy (which is true in 95% of games) than making a 2nd type of MAX which would be smaller and more agile/fast would be smart.
MAX armor is definitely powered armor, and I'm sure it would be adjusted for size internally, rather than making a variety of different heights for the armor for different user height. So there's no functionality reason why you'd want to make the armor smaller or lighter or anything. And if you want agile/fast, use Agile armor MAX = heavy assault, not agile and fast.

Last edited by Warborn; 2002-12-09 at 11:37 AM.
Old 2002-12-09, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

It's times like this we need BrileyPS to pop in and give us the low down. Oh where art thou artists of Planetside?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion