Hamma
PSU Admin

Developer Activity Roundup

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...undup-2518.htm
Old 2011-07-31, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Raka Maru
Major

Re: Developer Activity Roundup

I really like the assist-kill system this is talking about. How many times has one target get shot up but only to be finished off by a random person.

Examples:
* Shooting down a plane with your Max, then he goes over a hill, for a Reaver to swoop in and finish him off.
* Stealther hiding nearby and one-shot's him after he hides away from the tower door.
* Etc... etc...

Still glad they got him, but assist-xp's would work great for these situations.
Old 2011-07-31, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

I'm glad there are proper day/night cycles in PS2...

PSIL petitioned for it for a long time including proper weather to make the gameplay more dependent on the environment's state. I realise there was rain and fog, but that's really the only choices you had.

What if Forseral had been snowed in, and the only way you could get from bases and towers was by air? Surely that's a game changer!

Old 2011-07-31, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
dsi
Staff Sergeant

About the day/night portion: Dynamic lighting! Night fights are just going to be so much more awesome now.
Old 2011-08-01, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Cant wait for this. every time I hear more about specific info. Gets me very excited!
Old 2011-08-01, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Kouza
Sergeant

LOL ... Cant wait to turn on my high beams in a Marauder, on a back country road.
Old 2011-08-02, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Whoknowswhat1
Corporal

Misc Info

Assist XP is going to be awesome

Love the idea of actual day/night cycles... cant wait for beta

Mess with the best, Die like the rest
Old 2011-08-02, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Infektion
Sergeant Major

The way they are mentioning the certs, kinda has me on alert... "if not thousands"? Dude... how many certs could you have? And after that, how many certs are you adding that are completely idiotic... I mean, certs that lower the cone of fire? I'm assuming that's just an accuracy advancement. I find that cheap, CHEAP, EXTREMELY CHEAP. This is an FPS in it's core, not fucking preschool. If I wanted all these skills and trinkets that lower cool downs or make my accuracy better, i'd play an MMORPG. It just sounds like they are honestly looking too deep into it, trying to make this game really in-depth to character development, but I see the bad, what might and most likely will happen... I don't like it very much.

A better idea would be to add things as such as "merits", BUT unlike the merit system in PS1, depending on the merit, the bonus. Being so you don't just pick it up, hell no, you gotta go for it, a marksman merit for [Insert weapon name] granting tighter COF achieved by killing said number of enemies, provides [%] tighter COF depending on difficulty rating of said achievement.

Now, then we start feeling like we achieved our bonuses, not just picked them from a litter. SMED, you asshole, I hope you read this fuck ass response to your fuck ass cert system!

Last edited by Infektion; 2011-08-02 at 03:44 PM.
Old 2011-08-04, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GTGD
First Sergeant

I share your concerns with all of the certs. It would be very easy for them to make it unbalanced by someone stacking up on all sorts of combat certs to upgrade their best weapons. I'm assuming some kinds of restrictions would be put in place to balance things out. Or, they just might not be that noticeable. If a COF cert allows you to fire like 1 or 2 more bullets without a COF increase, or a lessened one, it probably won't make a huge different.

Really though, trust the devs more. They've been going above and beyond what we could have hoped for so far, and I'm sure they didn't go off the deep end from playing too much WoW. Wait for more info, we barely have any details.

(If any of the devs are reading this, could you go into a little more detail regarding this stuff, so more people don't freak out?)
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions