The hype - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I will not lie to you, in this job, you will be shot at
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-17, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Anubisstargate
Private

The hype

After seeing the 3 recent video's (Totalbiscuit's, Higby's and Hamma's)

I can now say my hype for this game gained even higher levels than previously, in 3 video's it has shown more of PS2 than any other media and I have to say it looks AMAZING. The graphics alone in the game look better than a lot of really high budget games which I have to say coming from a F2P game is amazing work.

All 3 video's have also had very nice footage and decent commentary which has shown PS2 in such a different light to random video's before and even a different light from the E3 video's (Yes I have seen them all O.o).

For me, my interest is now through the roof I really cannot wait. I'm even more impatient for the game than I was before xD.

Anyway, pointless post but I thought I'd express how I felt and if anyone feels the same or whatever post your thoughts on the video's

Also, concerning the trailer. SoE should make a Planetside film!!!!!
Old 2012-07-17, 05:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: The hype

My mind is literally on the verge of exploding. Back to Minecraft and Westeroscraft..
Old 2012-07-17, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MyMeatStick
Sergeant

All aboard the hype train, WOO WOOOOO!
Old 2012-07-17, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I love that lib footage. Didn't see them use the direct overhead view though.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

The hype for this game is unbearable, luckily I'm off to the west coast (Sweden) in just a few days to visit my girlfriend, hopefully that will take my mind off Planetside.

What's worse is that you american guys can look forward to getting in the beta in maybe 2-3 weeks, whoever you might be, vet or not. But we here in Europe haven't even had the tech test start and no pony knows when it will either. That's what's making it so unbearable.

Last edited by IgloGlass; 2012-07-17 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by IgloGlass View Post
What's worse is that you american guys can look forward to getting in the beta in maybe 2-3 weeks...
Hoping it's two weeks I need to spend my remaining vacation time before August 10th. I just want that to be my lucky week.
Old 2012-07-17, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
Hoping it's two weeks I need to spend my remaining vacation time before August 10th. I just want that to be my lucky week.
What's even worse is that my vacation ends on August 9th and beta might've just started by then if we're lucky!
I'm so jealous of you guys! (Plus you don't have to worry about Pro7)
Old 2012-07-17, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
RSphil
Contributor
Major

they are great vids. Hammas was a cracker with great info and some great footage. i am so pumped for this game. it is looking amazing and love the sounds. spec the fake radio chatter in the aircraft. really adds to the experience. loving it.
Old 2012-07-17, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

Glad you guys enjoyed!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-17, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Air pads.

Why do air pads not have a walkway? I don't get it.

Hopefully squad spawning is not going to be on any memeber of your squad. It sucked for BF3, and I don't see it being any better here.
Old 2012-07-17, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EnderGraff
Corporal

Originally Posted by Shade Millith View Post
Air pads.

Why do air pads not have a walkway? I don't get it.

Hopefully squad spawning is not going to be on any memeber of your squad. It sucked for BF3, and I don't see it being any better here.
Well I believe you CAN spawn on any member of your squad IF the squadmate has the cert to allow it. If you do have the option to squad spawn, you fly down in a drop pod that takes a few seconds to hit the ground.

Also, once you die, you cannot spawn on your squad again until a timer runs out (we do not know exactly how long the timer will be though, as it is being tweaked in Beta)
Old 2012-07-18, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by EnderGraff View Post
Well I believe you CAN spawn on any member of your squad IF the squadmate has the cert to allow it. If you do have the option to squad spawn, you fly down in a drop pod that takes a few seconds to hit the ground.

Also, once you die, you cannot spawn on your squad again until a timer runs out (we do not know exactly how long the timer will be though, as it is being tweaked in Beta)
*and* they're adding an exclusion zone around bases

Some comments:

I really liked Hamma's walk-through and if I had to say which I enjoyed most it would be that.

In Higby's presentation I loved the reaction to AC's 'clegging up' when all the press burst out laughing (twice), it felt like one of the 'you had me at hello' moments.

In TB's video he seemed to be getting frustrated at one point. He was trying to pull a liberator and first he was killed a couple of times on the way to the air term (it happens), but when he did get a lib and was mid-air he was the lib was destroyed by a falling drop pod! That seems unnecessarily cruel to me.

Also, TB was having difficulty in finding his way around (to get to the air pad) and Adam (I think) had to tell him the way to go. That's even though TB has played the game several times now. Perhaps there will be a getting lost issue for players (also factor in all bases will be different, even perhaps slightly). Something I think I'll make a point of looking at if/when I get into beta.

Last edited by ringring; 2012-07-18 at 04:22 AM.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
Also, TB was having difficulty in finding his way around (to get to the air pad) and Adam (I think) had to tell him the way to go. That's even though TB has played the game several times now. Perhaps there will be a getting lost issue for players (also factor in all bases will be different, even perhaps slightly). Something I think I'll make a point of looking at if/when I get into beta.
I believe it was mentioned in that video or one of the others that they are planning on putting map markers in to show people where the terminals are. They just weren't in for that build.

Another thing to critique: When you respawn in a building's respawn tube, you should be facing out towards the room. Every time someone spawns in those things they're facing toward the back of the tube and that would just frustrate the hell out of me, especially if I was being spawn camped (as was happening a few times in the various videos).

Last edited by DarkChiron; 2012-07-18 at 04:47 AM.
Old 2012-07-18, 04:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ringring View Post
*and* they're adding an exclusion zone around bases
If this is true, then they can do what ever they want with the squad spawning system. It can be BF3's for all I care then.

So long as you can't just spawn into an enemy base from squads!

Edit: Maybe have it so you can spawn on them, but it places you in an area outside the base?

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-07-18 at 04:57 AM.
Old 2012-07-18, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Policenaut
Sergeant

Steam sale killed my hype.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion