News: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4 - Page 8 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When does this round end?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2013-06-05, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #106
Hamma
PSU Admin
 
Hamma's Avatar
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
They have zero incentive to care about what we think at this point. The mass-console market is the target audience. Not us. Smed just made that plain.

Three years from now we'll be playing Indarside on two servers while the console servers number a dozen and are buzzing with activity. And if we want to join them, we won't be able to import our existing characters. To hell with us and the money we've spent.

Ah, well. Down the hatch.
Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
It's a disaster -- for the sense of community that goes back a decade; for the dead certainty of dwindling PC support; for the old outfits that won't be able to make the transition from one platform to another; for those of us that would like to but will face the specter of hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours of gameplay going into the trash bin, or for the starving-college demographic that simply can't afford four hundred bucks on a new box so they can play their favorite game in good company with decent pops.

It's a rupture within the community similar to what we faced when European players would have been unable to access US servers. We made enough noise to change that. We need to do the same now.
Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
This is the worst news I've ever read.

They're going to spend all their resources working on the Playstation 4 version.

Don't count on anymore big updates after this, at least not for a while.
Get your umbrellas mfers because the sky is falling!!

Come on now. In what press release did they say PC would stop being developed? Why do people need to "Transition" from PC to Console? Was the cancellation of the PC version announced and I missed it?

Get a grip - this won't change much from a community standpoint. We will get more folks to drop by probably and take part but overall they will be largely segmented just because of how things tend to fall together.

But the PC version hasn't gone anywhere and isn't. Get a grip.
__________________

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Hamma is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #107
camycamera
Major
 
camycamera's Avatar
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


this is either good news or bad news:

good news that (even though unlikely, they are probably getting their own server ) i get more idiots to shoot at

and it gives SOE more money to work on updates.

but how will it effect development? will it slow down? is a completely different team working on it?


i like the multicore optimisations though, good!
__________________

camycamera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #108
camycamera
Major
 
camycamera's Avatar
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Get your umbrellas mfers because the sky is falling!!

Come on now. In what press release did they say PC would stop being developed? Why do people need to "Transition" from PC to Console? Was the cancellation of the PC version announced and I missed it?

Get a grip - this won't change much from a community standpoint. We will get more folks to drop by probably and take part but overall they will be largely segmented just because of how things tend to fall together.

But the PC version hasn't gone anywhere and isn't. Get a grip.
and this. shut up and listen. wait for the answers.
__________________

camycamera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #109
seanman
Private
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


that's trailer is awesome for me.
with real voice of player on that trailer i feel the war at planetside 2.
seanman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #110
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel
 
EVILPIG's Avatar
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Get your umbrellas mfers because the sky is falling!!

Come on now. In what press release did they say PC would stop being developed? Why do people need to "Transition" from PC to Console? Was the cancellation of the PC version announced and I missed it?

Get a grip - this won't change much from a community standpoint. We will get more folks to drop by probably and take part but overall they will be largely segmented just because of how things tend to fall together.

But the PC version hasn't gone anywhere and isn't. Get a grip.
Now that is a community manager stepping up. STFU people. FACT: PS2 will be on the PS4. FACT: The communities will be separate. FACT: No one here who is authorized to say knows fooking sh1t about any plans as to how development money will be directed.

What I assume: PS4's involvement alone means that more money will go into developing this game. Regardless of not sharing communities, the fact that more people will be playing this game, regardless of PC or platform, will mean more advertisement overall. More support overall. More players overall. I'd fuking love to r4pe console gamers all day and night, but it wont happen. MAN UP and compete with the PC crowd.

BOTTOM LINE: More human beings on this planet will know of PS. A good number of them will be PC gamers. More players = better.
__________________
"That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger
" -Nietzsche

www.planetside-devildogs.com

Last edited by EVILPIG; 2013-06-05 at 10:55 PM.
EVILPIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #111
camycamera
Major
 
camycamera's Avatar
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
FACT: The communities will be separate.
What I assume: PS4's involvement alone means that more money will go into developing this game. Regardless of not sharing communities, the fact that more people will be playing this game, regardless of PC or platform, will mean more advertisement overall. More support overall. More players overall. I'd fuking love to r4pe console gamers all day and night, but it wont happen. MAN UP and compete with the PC crowd.

BOTTOM LINE: More human beings on this planet will know of PS. A good number of them will be PC gamers. More players = better.
it is most likely that communities will be separate, remember it is not really confirmed yet.


but apart from, that, agreed.
__________________

camycamera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #112
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel
 
EVILPIG's Avatar
 
I pity the PS4 crowd


Thank GOD for them that we wont share servers. I mean, come on, it would be fun to r4pe console players with our WADS and mouse aim, but seriously, I pity them. A shit ton of outfits in PS2 operate using in game VOIP, and it does work well. Until you reach a significant size. The 666th has a very organized and deep comms system that TS3 can facilitate. How will PS4 outfits that are large coordinate? I guess they can use Outfit VOIP, but I feel bad for them not being able to use 3rd party programs. Unless I'm in the dark (which I am, I only have a 360 for Madden Competitions).
__________________
"That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger
" -Nietzsche

www.planetside-devildogs.com
EVILPIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #113
AThreatToYou
Major
 
AThreatToYou's Avatar
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


...

I see your point...
__________________
AThreatToYou is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #114
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant
 
Tom Peters's Avatar
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


Personally, I hate Teamspeak. Mumble's way better.

But I think that the Playstation 4 may allow third party programs. I feel like it should, given the fact that it IS still a computer, and has a browser and such, right?
__________________
Tom Peters is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #115
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant
 
Tom Peters's Avatar
 
Re: IGN.com DCU and PS2 going to PS4


No one said anything about the PC version being cancelled, but you're still lying to yourself if you think this nonsense won't slow down the already sluggishly-released game updates.

I would really love this idea if PS4 players would be on the same servers as PC players for a few reasons. The most obvious being that we would get to wreck all those terrible console kiddies, but also because it would ensure that they stay on track with the game and don't go off on two different tangents, creating different updates for each game, which would definitely result in more work and less reward.
__________________
Tom Peters is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #116
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


They always have the ability to create their own VOIP channels and use them similar to a TS or Mumble layout. It's not optimal (IMO) but it's not that bad.
__________________

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
bpostal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #117
camycamera
Major
 
camycamera's Avatar
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


remember, not 100% confirmed yet.
__________________

camycamera is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #118
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant
 
LoliLoveFart's Avatar
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


I pity them too but not for VOIP, auto aim pump actions. Truly horrifying.
__________________

LoliLoveFart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #119
Taramafor
Sergeant Major
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


It's most likely going to be a stand alone dumbed down version.

Which makes me wonder... How many people on the servers at once compared to the PC version and how many continents will there be?

I just know it's a mistake. People will be drawn to consoles thinking it will be "easier to play" when it's not (mouse beats gamepad in terms of aiming) which will take away or keep pc gamers at bay.

Then there's the whole COD mentality. The only upside is that the mindless morons will go to console instead and us thinkers will stick to PC. But without large zergs on the frontlines (the mindless) it will take away from the whole war environment and risk only squad attacks (which is good. But a large army is needed too).

I just see it as a bad idea overall.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-06-05 at 11:53 PM.
Taramafor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #120
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel
 
EVILPIG's Avatar
 
Re: I pity the PS4 crowd


Originally Posted by Taramafor View Post
It's most likely going to be a stand alone dumbed down version.

Which makes me wonder... How many people on the servers at once compared to the PC version and how many continents will there be?

I just know it's a mistake. People will be drawn to consoles thinking it will be "easier to play" when it's not (mouse beats gamepad in terms of aiming) which will take away or keep pc gamers at bay.

Then there's the whole COD mentality. The only upside is that the mindless morons will go to console instead and us thinkers will stick to PC. But without large zergs on the frontlines (the mindless) it will take away from the whole war environment and risk only squad attacks (which is good. But a large army is needed too).

I just see it as a bad idea overall.
Mistake? No fucking way. Exposure. Let them have their community, still more PS2.
__________________
"That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger
" -Nietzsche

www.planetside-devildogs.com
EVILPIG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.