Sony Station/gamecard issue... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: is marsman a new action hero?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-07-29, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WeNeedAMedic
Private

Sony Station/gamecard issue...

So i bought a sony online game card. Login with my station name and password. The Launchpad screen pops up with Planetside on the top and download to the right. I can't download yet though as under the download screen there is a window that says, "Action required! You must subscribe to continue playing." I click on the subscribe button, log into my account again on the station website. After that a screen pops up saying, "Oops! Where did the page go?" FAIL. So now I close that screen and an account management screen pops up. I go to "Enter Activation code" on the account management and when i enter the code it doesn't have an option for 30 days planetside time, instead it has other SOE games. and it also says i can get station cash. Very confusing. Theres an activation code on the launchpad also but when i put the gamecard code in on the launchpad it says it is an invalid code. Can someone please help? longtime planetside player just logging in for the first time in two years and really want to play again. i dont know whatsup with this game card though.
Old 2011-07-29, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Sony Station/gamecard issue...

I am confused. Did you use the free 45 days on your account for PS yet due the SOE blackout for 2 weeks? If you have not that maybe the source of your issues as your are subbed already.
Old 2011-07-31, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
WeNeedAMedic
Private

Well I didn't sub till after the blackout was over. And also there is a download screen that is t accessible until I "subscribe" but when I go to subscribe there is a place for me to put the code in but it asks me I could put it towards station cash or 30 days of game time on certain game. But PS isn't in that list! Very confusing. Anyway I don't know what the frig to do. If anyone has any knowledge on how to resub with a game card through the Launchpad I'd appreciate it. I want to play already!
Old 2011-07-31, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Even if your account was inactive for 7 years you still got a resub for 45 days. Doesn't matter if you were a current subscriber. Is PlanetSide a dark blue highlight on the Station Launcher game selection area, while the others are light blue/faded out? I think the issue is your already subbed, because even with the current time cards you can still put it towards a PS sub.
Old 2011-08-05, 03:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ferriman
Private

So the game cards for Planetside still work???
Old 2011-08-05, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by WeNeedAMedic View Post
Well I didn't sub till after the blackout was over. And also there is a download screen that is t accessible until I "subscribe" but when I go to subscribe there is a place for me to put the code in but it asks me I could put it towards station cash or 30 days of game time on certain game. But PS isn't in that list! Very confusing. Anyway I don't know what the frig to do. If anyone has any knowledge on how to resub with a game card through the Launchpad I'd appreciate it. I want to play already!
Ok WeneedaMedic You need to contact SOE support about this. im pretty sure they would put that 30 days for planetside
Old 2011-08-07, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
WeNeedAMedic
Private

I'm real angry right now. I contacted SOE, turns out I was using my friends old game and installed his CD's and SOE says it didn't match with my station account. So they said to download it from Direct2Drive on the PS website. So i paid the 9.95 to download it, then installed it on my hard drive with the manager thingy from Direct2drive and the game is giving me the SAME EXACT PROBLEM. A grey download screen on the launchpad not allowing me to download until I "SUBSCRIBE". I'm fed up with this already. What the heck could possibly be wrong?
Old 2011-08-07, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
WeNeedAMedic
Private

Do the gamecards still work? bc I bought them from blockbuster. They still sell them. Would subbing with my credit card just solve everything? I'm completely baffled. Putting the code in doesn't let me add game time to PS. It Only has options for the other SOE games. Very confusing. The game itself is downloaded and installed on to my rig. Direct2drive is working properly, but when I access the launchpad it still gives me the same message saying i need to subscribe before I download. I'm ready to let SOE have my two cents, especially after talking to an employee who obviously hadn't a clue what he was talking about on the phone. And I know it's only $9.95, but its still 10 bucks you know?
Old 2011-08-07, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
WeNeedAMedic
Private

Sorry for the rant everyone, just frustrated.
Old 2011-08-08, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by WeNeedAMedic View Post
Sorry for the rant everyone, just frustrated.
better idea. BUY THE VISA Gift cards and use that to activate your account. stop trying to use the Game Cards
Old 2011-08-08, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

https://www.allaccessgift.com/gift/

Go here type in your zip take a look. got my cousin some of these for his bday acouple years ago. you can use it for anything.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion