What can get you banned - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-08-09, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Re: What can get you banned

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
CSR-DanB gave me an official warning for 'mowing down 'random NC Retard' repeatedly' saying it was harassment.

I told him the idiot kept running in front of my tank and my brakes were taking the day off.

The warning till stands afaik.
CSR-DanB is a goddamned idiot.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Yeah, and he was a power hungry cunt. His getting fired was the best thing SOE did. But they never replaced him...

Old 2011-08-10, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

His getting fired was the best thing SOE did.
SOE didn't fire him. He didn't get laid off in the latest round of layoffs. He still works there, as far as I know.
Old 2011-08-10, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Hamma
PSU Admin

Indeed.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-11, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

That guy's such a fucking cunt. I honestly cannot stand that cocksucker. If I ever met him in real life I would wait for him to open his mouth to start talking, and then spit in his open craw.
Old 2011-08-11, 01:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
SOE didn't fire him. He didn't get laid off in the latest round of layoffs. He still works there, as far as I know.
I guess he morphed into Brewko...

But is he still around? I can't find anything on him recently.

Old 2011-08-11, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I guess he morphed into Brewko...

But is he still around? I can't find anything on him recently.
Yeah. That was his second name, Brewko. I guess they changed their naming scheme or something (dumb idea to have your real name all over like that). Currently he's a PS2 developer as far as I know.
Old 2011-08-11, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

He's a PS2 dev now? Wow. I remember he was put on as a dev on PS to just make it look like there was something going on. Does that guy even have experience with that stuff? I really do not see how CSR work and development is linked.
Old 2011-08-11, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
I really do not see how CSR work and development is linked.
I don't know anything about SOE's set-up or the tools they use, but I imagine it's similar to other MMO companies with regards to scope and function. I also don't know anything about SOE's policies and procedures for its CS department but again, I imagine that it's similar to other companies. The CS department is widely regarded as a step into the world of game development. Most of the devs I know didn't go to DeVry or ITT and get their gaming degree, they started in CS with little to zero experience in the gaming industry (myself among them).

CSRs don't just sit at their computer running around in-game looking for bad people. A large part of their job involves player appeals/reports so chances are good that if a CSR comes to talk to you, it's because you or someone that hates you filed an appeal. A CSR will be trained on a number of programs and in-game command functions which can/will reveal a number of pieces of technical data. From there, competent or interested CSRs will become exposed to a wider array of tools that allow them to look up and edit player information. A logical step is to go from CSR positions to QA positions, but I've known some that went straight into Art, Writing, Production, even junior-level Development because they were that smart/talented.

At the end of the day CSR-DanB is still a fucking cunt, though. I don't hate many people but he's one of them.
Old 2011-08-11, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well I hope I never deal with him again.

Old 2011-08-11, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Hamma
PSU Admin

Pretty sure he's involved with PS2 in some way, although I don't know if he is a developer. I did get toi meet him at Fan Faire last month although I didn't talk to him much at all.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-08-11, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
I don't know anything about SOE's set-up or the tools they use, but I imagine it's similar to other MMO companies with regards to scope and function. I also don't know anything about SOE's policies and procedures for its CS department but again, I imagine that it's similar to other companies. The CS department is widely regarded as a step into the world of game development. Most of the devs I know didn't go to DeVry or ITT and get their gaming degree, they started in CS with little to zero experience in the gaming industry (myself among them).

CSRs don't just sit at their computer running around in-game looking for bad people. A large part of their job involves player appeals/reports so chances are good that if a CSR comes to talk to you, it's because you or someone that hates you filed an appeal. A CSR will be trained on a number of programs and in-game command functions which can/will reveal a number of pieces of technical data. From there, competent or interested CSRs will become exposed to a wider array of tools that allow them to look up and edit player information. A logical step is to go from CSR positions to QA positions, but I've known some that went straight into Art, Writing, Production, even junior-level Development because they were that smart/talented.

At the end of the day CSR-DanB is still a fucking cunt, though. I don't hate many people but he's one of them.
Insightful info thanks. I never heard good stuff about ITT or Devry tbh anyway. My bet is FireFly is the next to trip the hack detection program if Dan reads this .
Old 2011-08-11, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Goku View Post
Insightful info thanks. I never heard good stuff about ITT or Devry tbh anyway. My bet is FireFly is the next to trip the hack detection program if Dan reads this .
Considering that it's public knowledge that I'm a member of the video game development industry, I'd consider that a serious slur against my character to be accused of it - especially considering how soul-suckingly average I am at this game. I take my professional reputation and my integrity very seriously and if CSR-DanB so much as twitches his fucking eyeball in my general direction with an unprofessional attack, I'd have no choice but to file an official complaint and keep at it until he was terminated.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion