cloak for stationary vehicles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Who smells burning flesh?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-08-07, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
gaz
Private

cloak for stationary vehicles

I did not find any threads with a similar idea, so i just post the idea here:

It would be nice to have a cloaking module for vehicles, that only works if the vehicle is stationary (and standing on the ground in case of aircraft). The module might replace the primary weapon of the vehicle or disables all the weapons of the vehicle.

This would enable scouts to hide their transport vehicle (atv/jet), if they don't need it...

What do you think?
Old 2012-08-07, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hosp
First Sergeant

Re: cloak for stationary vehicles

I'd be surprised if that isn't put into the game down the road. PS1 had a few cloaking vehicles [ATV, Phantasm, AMS] and i could see those same few (in some form or another) implemented down the road.
Old 2012-08-07, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
gaz
Private

to clarify, i'm not in for vehicles cloaked while moving, just for the stationary/parked state of a vehicle to protect it as well as the presence of the owning scout/sniper.
Old 2012-08-08, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

i would think that there would be certs if not at launch then at a later date for if not cloaking vehicles, then at least stealth.
options could be thinks like:
-silent running (vehicle is silent, weapons on the vehicle are muffled rather than at full volume)
-radar dampening (your vehicle would not show up on radar unless at extremely close distances from the thing projecting the radar)
-camoflage will already be in gme to some degree through skins/ paint jobs
-cloak (stationary invisibility)

i believe the vehicles i saw in the e3 videos and alpha videos had 3 slots for these types of things. which would fir perfectly and using thse make a truely stealth vehicle, or make the radar and silent things the same slot forcing you to pick one.

and if the cert system has levels to it, these things could be upgraded incrementally.
-the silent engine one could start out cutting your vehicle engine sound in half, then full and then full engine silence plus half gun sound.
- the radar dampening could start out where you start showing up after entering withing somthing like 75 yards, then cut down to 50 and finally 25.
- the cloak would probably be like the infiltrator cloak (or at least how i hear it works, ie. degrading with movemnt) starting out for stationary only targets and then upgrading to moving targets which could then branch out to better stationary cloking by 50% and movement by 20% or a stay cloaked while firing, or even a stay cloaked longer upgrade. meaning it would have one upgrade and then a second upgrade which branches out between 3 options.

the cloak could be justified as nanobots or cameras or w/e project the image of whats on the other side all around giving the sense of invisibility

Last edited by Duskguy; 2012-08-08 at 03:32 PM.
Old 2012-08-09, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

The return of a cloaking option for the ATV was strongly requested not long after PS2 was announced. Higby picked up the idea and I expect to see it in eventually, although I don't think we've heard anything since.
Old 2012-08-09, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghostwing
Private

There have already been hints toward cloaking for the Flash (instead of weapon??), and for the Galaxy (when it's deployed??)
Old 2012-08-13, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Exmortius
Master Sergeant

this would be a very cool feature for something like a lightning tank who doesn't have a ton of armor or maybe even a flash.
Old 2012-08-13, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dropshockmedic
Private

The predators from AvP got such a thing.
But then again this would be a bit imbalanced when galaxys are used as spawnpoints.
If someone spawns from a galaxy, the cloak should flicker for a moment and reveal the vehicle for a 0,350 seconds.

Since people are passing through it while leaving the galaxy.
Old 2012-08-13, 10:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
VikingKong
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Duskguy View Post
-silent running (vehicle is silent, weapons on the vehicle are muffled rather than at full volume)
something like that's already in.
http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lightning

Last edited by VikingKong; 2012-08-13 at 10:52 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault