Black Flag [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Drug donations are accepted.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-06-28, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Malchance
Private

Black Flag [NA]

“I'll tell it true, kid, we're livin in tough times these days, tough times indeed. From shore t'shore here on Auraxis, you won't find a livin soul that ain't been touched by this war. Everywhere my travels take me - and they take me far, to be sure - I see nothing but strife, suffering, and anguish inflicted upon my poor homeworld. Well, there's one thing I know to be true: Tough times breed tough men.

The Red and the Purp, they want control, they want power. But no matter how many men they got, how much land they take, how much spent brass they litter our planet with, they'll only get a taste. They'll never enjoy the real thing, because they deny it's strength. Money, kid. Cash. Auraxium. Polys, Catas, and Alloys. There's the true power, the real strength that makes the world go round.

Now, in my experience, no man'll just give ya that kinda power, kid. You want to survive in this world, you gotta be willin' to do some things you ain't proud of. You gotta be willin' to cut a few purse-strings, to pull a few triggers. And if a man's got more than his share, you gotta be willin' to make him part with it.

We're fightin' for more than just freedom here, kid. We're fightin for our lives, our families, our friends. And if that means I've gotta separate a tyrant from his coppers, or a zealot from his tech, then that's the way it's gonna be, because no one gets in the way'a me and mine. I'm livin to see tomorrow, and I aim to make sure they don't.

So, that's the truth, kid. Now the only question is, are ya in or out?”

-Audio transcript found among the belongings of a deceased undercover Republic agent. The Black Flag recruiter believed to be the speaker, and suspected in the murder, was never found.

Black Flag is a loose union of pirates and smugglers that have legitimized and united under the banner of the New Conglomerate. They now operate as licensed privateers, and utilize the same methods and tactics in warfare that served them well in their criminal careers. While many in the New Conglomerate doubt their motives and discipline, there is no doubting their ability in battle, and they have proven to be a strong asset to the rebellion.

Black Flag will be run as an 'umbrella' outfit, with the purpose of allowing many smaller outfits to operate independently, but unite as one if necessary. If you want to make an outfit just for you and your friends, but don't want to miss out on the large-scale warfare that comes with larger outfits, this is built with you in mind. You are absolutely allowed to form your own teams with your own specialties, but are expected to join together as a massive force when the war effort requires it.

We will be begin forming the outfit once the Beta goes live, and expect to be up-and-running once the game is released. If you're interested, feel free to post in this thread or send me a PM, and I'll answer as quickly as possible.

Old 2012-07-03, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Black Flag [NA]

Best of luck!
Old 2012-07-10, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Will be interested to see where this goes, looks interesting. Good luck!
Old 2012-07-10, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Malchance
Private

Glad to see there's some growing interest! We've had a few applications of small outfits and individual players already, both here and on reddit, but we can always use more! While we won't be forming until a while after beta begins, we'll keep you up-to-date as we develop. In the meantime, feel free to post here or send me a PM, and I'll get back to you.

And thanks for the GOTR support, Robo! I hope I don't lose it for this, but I wrote some more lore just for you barneys. See ya on Auraxis... /salute

I was stationed at a Bio-Lab a few months back; that's when I first saw them. We never even got a warning. They rose out of the desert like a sandstorm, and by the time I heard the first alarm, they were already on us. Their Reavers turned the sky into a maelstrom, raining death upon us before anyone could think to get inside. I'm not sure when the ground troops arrived, but I could hear them laughing as they jetted over the walls, spraying rounds over any one of us wearing purple. I ran inside, made it to my office, and locked the door behind me. I hid. I'm a scientist, damnit, not a soldier! All I had was a pistol, what could I have done against those monsters? Yes, I knew that if I died, I could be reconstructed later, but you have to understand – These raiders knew what we feared more than death. We feared the pain they would bring us first.

When I made it back out an hour later, I didn't see anyone left alive. There weren't any bodies, but brass and blood littered the halls, bright red streaks leading to the courtyard where they had dragged them. That's where I found my team, strung up from the entrance, Mag-cutters still sticking out of the bellies of the ones they had gutted. They had hung up the Conglomerate banners before they left, but beside it, there was a flag of their own they left, a white skull stained red...

They say the bold wear the Blue and Gold... But death rides with the ones that raise the Black.

-Unknown Vanu scientist, tried and imprisoned for desertion during an attack by an unknown New Conglomerate raiding party.

Last edited by Malchance; 2012-07-10 at 10:26 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate