PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - People at official forums don't know s**t!!!!
View Single Post
Old 2002-11-20, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

I will not hesitate to lock this thread, It started as a simple discussion of how newb like the official forums are, then the people who love the official forums oh so much come in and turn it sour. Would I rather there be no official forums? Yes, I would rather it be that way, leave the community to the fansites. Would it mean more newbs here? Probably, but that is why I created this site, to inform people about the game and what it has to offer. I think the official forums have too much moderation, and you have to dig far to much to find the real answers. They are just un-needed at this point IMO, any new info that is released will probably go in the form of an interview, or preview. Not through the official forum.

Bottom line is if you are an old school community member who whored those forums 6 months ago while they were open, you are going to like them.

If you like a more laid back atmosphere, or are somewhat new to the community your going to go to one of the fansites and have them bring you the worthy posts. Its all a matter of preference.. I simply dont have the time to browse those forums all day, and given the amount of peopel visiting them and posting questions, by the time i respond to one thing there will be another. And most are indeed, pointless posts. That are either covered in the official FAQ, or on the fansites.

I like it here :]

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer