PDA

View Full Version : TR MAX Overdrive Ability

Breed
2005-06-24, 05:20 AM
Hey guys, I've posted a vid over on the official forums showcasing my idea for a new TR MAX special ability, since locking down is such a horrible ability, i decided that being able to temporarily increase rate of fire should be more than enough to get the job done.
Seems to have a lot of positive reviews so far, Check it out HERE! (http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/board/message?board.id=psdiscussion&message.id=615584)

Lartnev
2005-06-24, 06:08 AM
Are you sure it's YOUR idea? This sort of thing has been passed around since the dawn of PlanetSide :P~

Personally I love the anchor animation and love anchoring.... if only it'd boost your defence too :(

steeldragon01
2005-06-24, 03:49 PM
The dc max is already a beast imo.

Corsairsn
2005-06-25, 01:55 AM
Are you sure it's YOUR idea? This sort of thing has been passed around since the dawn of PlanetSide :P~

Personally I love the anchor animation and love anchoring.... if only it'd boost your defence too :(
haha i love the animation too it looks awesome, but i agree the TR need something like this, the only thing im afraid of is if it becomes too overpowered

Jeffey
2005-06-30, 08:35 AM
Nah it's not too outlandish, could you imagine if they let them hover onto the roof of a tower? Or gave them a shield that can absorb 2+ deci shots? Ha

wait a minute

Lartnev
2005-06-30, 08:53 AM
Nah, hovering would make em AV bait. Shields would be nice, but since we lay down so much fire then we'd hardly ever have them on.

;)

Corsairsn
2005-06-30, 09:04 PM
im ok w/ it

LimpBIT
2005-07-12, 02:48 AM
I dont like it even though I dont play PS anymore.

DeepStrikeck
2005-07-12, 08:29 AM
I dunno, whenever I play TR, I love using the Lock-down ability. You just have to be paying attention and know when to fall back. The ability to lock-down is sick for a burster, and people who say that thing sucks don't know how to use it. I used it for the first time the other day (not a huge max fan) and within 30 minutes I had 4 Liberators, 3 Skeeters and 6 Reavers......you just have to know when to unanchor and turn to keep up a near constant stream of flak. Oh, and you have to know how to lead. =P

Lartnev
2005-07-12, 10:15 AM
You killed 4 Liberators in a Burster? Even I'm impressed with that, normally they retreat when I get close to killing em. Maybe they were in shock :D

tjmonk15
2005-07-12, 12:10 PM
heh very nice indeed with the libs.

But im tired of these "TR MAX's suck! help us!" threads. Im a TR and i love our max's and our lockdown. For those of you on Emerald, my outfit i beleive invented the max crash(been doing for about 1.5 yrs) and the TR have by far the best max's for it and to stop it. When running a max crash as tr, within a couple seconds of stopping(where ever you were going) you can lay some damage out because of the high RoF. The Lock-down is also awesome to stop max crashes because of the even higher RoF.

My outfit always does spec ops in front of the zerg, and we always have atleast 2 max's(or 4 if we have 2 gals with us). And trust me, they are our number 1 priorty to keep alive.

And the Burster tears aircraft to shreads if you know how to lead. It just takes a little practice. And the pounder aint bad either. I tear light tanks and buggy's into pieces in seconds. IMHO TR HAVE THE BEST MAX's AND THE BEST ABILITY!

/rant off

sorry for that rather long rant, but i dont want to see something as great as our max's messed with.

Monk