TR MAX Overdrive Ability - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: red shirts are no longer just for Star Trek
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-06-24, 05:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Breed
Master Sergeant

TR MAX Overdrive Ability

Hey guys, I've posted a vid over on the official forums showcasing my idea for a new TR MAX special ability, since locking down is such a horrible ability, i decided that being able to temporarily increase rate of fire should be more than enough to get the job done.
Seems to have a lot of positive reviews so far, Check it out HERE!
Old 2005-06-24, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Are you sure it's YOUR idea? This sort of thing has been passed around since the dawn of PlanetSide

Personally I love the anchor animation and love anchoring.... if only it'd boost your defence too
Old 2005-06-24, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
steeldragon01
Sergeant

Misc Info

The dc max is already a beast imo.
Old 2005-06-25, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Corsairsn
Corporal

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Are you sure it's YOUR idea? This sort of thing has been passed around since the dawn of PlanetSide

Personally I love the anchor animation and love anchoring.... if only it'd boost your defence too
haha i love the animation too it looks awesome, but i agree the TR need something like this, the only thing im afraid of is if it becomes too overpowered
Old 2005-06-30, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Nah it's not too outlandish, could you imagine if they let them hover onto the roof of a tower? Or gave them a shield that can absorb 2+ deci shots? Ha

wait a minute
Old 2005-06-30, 08:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Nah, hovering would make em AV bait. Shields would be nice, but since we lay down so much fire then we'd hardly ever have them on.

Old 2005-06-30, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Corsairsn
Corporal

im ok w/ it
Old 2005-07-12, 02:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

I dont like it even though I dont play PS anymore.

Old 2005-07-12, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

I dunno, whenever I play TR, I love using the Lock-down ability. You just have to be paying attention and know when to fall back. The ability to lock-down is sick for a burster, and people who say that thing sucks don't know how to use it. I used it for the first time the other day (not a huge max fan) and within 30 minutes I had 4 Liberators, 3 Skeeters and 6 Reavers......you just have to know when to unanchor and turn to keep up a near constant stream of flak. Oh, and you have to know how to lead. =P
Old 2005-07-12, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

You killed 4 Liberators in a Burster? Even I'm impressed with that, normally they retreat when I get close to killing em. Maybe they were in shock
Old 2005-07-12, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
tjmonk15
Corporal

heh very nice indeed with the libs.

But im tired of these "TR MAX's suck! help us!" threads. Im a TR and i love our max's and our lockdown. For those of you on Emerald, my outfit i beleive invented the max crash(been doing for about 1.5 yrs) and the TR have by far the best max's for it and to stop it. When running a max crash as tr, within a couple seconds of stopping(where ever you were going) you can lay some damage out because of the high RoF. The Lock-down is also awesome to stop max crashes because of the even higher RoF.

My outfit always does spec ops in front of the zerg, and we always have atleast 2 max's(or 4 if we have 2 gals with us). And trust me, they are our number 1 priorty to keep alive.

And the Burster tears aircraft to shreads if you know how to lead. It just takes a little practice. And the pounder aint bad either. I tear light tanks and buggy's into pieces in seconds. IMHO TR HAVE THE BEST MAX's AND THE BEST ABILITY!

/rant off

sorry for that rather long rant, but i dont want to see something as great as our max's messed with.

Monk
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion