PlanetSide Universe - View Single Post - Resource Gain Idea
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-25, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Re: Resource Gain Idea

Originally Posted by Noxxia View Post
Love the ideas as I mentioned on twitter, but I gotta say, I don't know how much I like this one because the way I'm reading it, I feel like it can lead to a snowball effect. I agree that risk is fun, but it doesn't seem risky to go for bases that are worth a lot from far away since we already want to push to cap the continent. I feel like it would make more sense for base upgrades further away to cost more assuming base upgrades to be something that can really actually help (regardless of how close they are to your own warpgate). This way if players dump their resources into a base close to the enemy lines, they're taking the risk not having the strength to continue pushing an enemy that has to spend significantly fewer resources defending. How this works in my mind is if players have dumped massive amounts of resources into the base close to the enemy warpgate, they're weakening their push by not being able to spend those resources on things like tanks and aircraft. If the attackers don't, and opt into buying more what is needed to continue a strong push, the enemy doesn't have to spend much to defend, and if the enemy does hold off the push, it'll be into a fairly unprotected base. If players gain more resources for pushing in though, there doesn't seem like much risk since we already want to push far in like that. But maybe I'm interpreting what you're saying incorrectly.

I've been trying to make this logic make sense, but I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of it. But as I said earlier, Love the ideas! Giving players resource gain by attacking and defending gives more meaning to those actions rather than just passive gain.
Maybe just make certain hexes near the middle of the map worth more. Not the ones next to their warpgate that would encourage camping.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan